Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amy Winehouse epilogue...

Tonysounds

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It never ceases to amaze me that people will click on a thread knowing it disinterests them, or annoys them, only to add to the noise.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'd suggest having a drink to her memory, but that would likely be in bad taste.

I'm not surprised at the general results of the inquest, but the BAC number was staggering. Not that it is really any consolation for them, but I suspect her family was relieved that drugs weren't the cause of her death (obviously booze isn't any better in this context either but . . . )

It's still a tragedy with a young life cut short.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Don't know if you guys know it or not, but alcohol is so much more damaging to a woman than a guy. Saw an interesting report about it on Dateline NBC (back when they actually did real stories, not stupid murders, pervert entrapments and other reality tv bs) about ten years ago. The women got drunk much faster than men on a couple of beers. Came down to the fact that they did not have as much of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol that guys do. Sheesh, no wonder all those drunk chicks I've met/kissed and whatever on gigs just reek of the stuff!!!

What Amy did of course was fatal even if she was a guy.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=enzyme-lack-lowers-womens

The Bruno Mars thing is bland as all get out and personally I think that song is one of the most boring and overrated of its time anyway.

The Bennett duet was remarkable for demonstrating just how subtle and deft a performer Tony still is, despite his advancing years. By contrast, Amy's steamroller brand of vowel-mangling dressed up as "soul" is its diametric opposite.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Not that it is really any consolation for them, but I suspect her family was relieved that drugs weren't the cause of her death (obviously booze isn't any better in this context either but . . . )

Why, because perhaps in their minds she'd kicked drugs?

:idk

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

She drank 3 bottles of vodka was it? How do you get the third? I mean really!

Plenty of enablers, I guess. She had just completed some sort of re-hab as well.

In a related, one of my oldest friends going back to high school and a great bassist/lead singer was found dead in his apt last week. He was 59 and had just come out of alcohol re-hab the week before.....saddest news i've reveived in a long time. :cry:

Not that it is really any consolation for them, but I suspect her family was relieved that drugs weren't the cause of her death (obviously booze isn't any better in this context either but . . . )

Why, because perhaps in their minds she'd kicked drugs?

:idk

Maybe. Only the family knows for sure.

I think everyone fully expected the coroner's inquest to come back positive for narcotics or prescription drugs and the absence of those substances perhaps will make her death less "tainted" in some way.

As I said . . . in absolute terms. dying from alcohol poisoning isn't really ANY better than her being found with a needle hanging out of her arm and a "hot shot" of junk in her veins . . . . as she was still dead, however public perceptions from an alcohol related death vs. drug related are usually better (as many people can related to maybe being a drink or two away from something bad happening to them).

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

The Bruno Mars thing is bland as all get out and personally I think that song is one of the most boring and overrated of its time anyway.

The Bennett duet was remarkable for demonstrating just how subtle and deft a performer Tony still is, despite his advancing years. By contrast, Amy's steamroller brand of vowel-mangling dressed up as "soul" is its diametric opposite.

She's got a good voice and it is not like Bennett's so whats the problem. The Mars performance is fine.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived