Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something new in the wind at Moog?

Meisenhower

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Steve, that would be my guess and it looks like maybe 4 OSC's.
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

or four... thousand dollars?

That may go without saying...

In regards to a store, you can already buy products from their new website. Unless you're thinking walk-in store, which I doubt.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Hmm, four oscillators on a mono synth... atop the current extended edition of the Voyager... we're getting closer and closer to a modern equivalent of the Moog Modular.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Sounds interesting. I always start to feel warmly interested when I try to search out what bands like the Rolling Stones (and of course many others) were doing with the original (Moog) modulars in their bands. Like in the well known Moog documentary there is not too much attention for the deeper thoughts and more profound applications of all those modules. There's room for technical improvement of the modules, and of course the Voyager has programmability, but that can all be made into exciting sounds and analog signal processing for which there appears to be little attention beyond the "where do I put the bench on a hammond" level...

Theo

...what bands like the Rolling Stones (and of course many others) were doing with the original (Moog) modulars in their bands.

Theo

Investment in expensive gear, saving taxes and turning knobs on LSD,- feeling like 500 lightyears from home.

A.C.

Where the #°ç* is my post... the damn software ate it! :mad:

Never mind, here it is again:

My guess is 4 voices, with *two* oscillators per voice.

:)

I hope you´re wrong,- I´d miss one or two voices for a polyphonic and the 3rd OSC per voice for a Moog.

And I don´t want to compare it w/ a TO Son of 4 Voice now.

A.C.

Too bad it doesn't rhyme with "Henry Rogue."

You lost me Moonglow... What rhymes with "Henry Rogue"?

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

smile

This...probably, to compete head to head with the SO4v. As tempting as it sounds, I'm still leaning toward the OB for the different color.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Too bad it doesn't rhyme with "Henry Rogue."

You lost me Moonglow... What rhymes with "Henry Rogue"?

Memorymoog

Struggled to find something that rhymed with "memory." Sorry, it was the best I could do. :(

Now if you say you don't know what a Memorymoog is.....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Now if you say you don't know what a Memorymoog is.....

Nope... :) I hear you loud and clear. A re-issue of the Memorymoog would be cool. I'd still like to see a top quality plug-in reproduction, though I haven't tried Memorymoon yet.

Of all the Moogs, the Memorymoog might have been my favorite (and the Polymoog my least favorite).

Todd

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Where the #°ç* is my post... the damn software ate it! :mad:

Never mind, here it is again:

I hope you´re wrong,- I´d miss one or two voices for a polyphonic and the 3rd OSC per voice for a Moog.

And I don´t want to compare it w/ a TO Son of 4 Voice now.

A.C.

*I* hope to be wrong too... I was just considering the most likely move from a commercial point of view. I'd love 4 voices with 4 oscillators per voice! :D

Oh, and a couple of analog LFOs too!

though I haven't tried Memorymoon yet.

Todd

Memorymoon works great, but it´s software w/ all it´s advantages and disadvantages.

Memorymoon is separate voice design like OPX / OPX Pro and OPX Pro II are,- so it´s one of the better plugins !

Memorymoon´s plugins will be more improved in future because there will be oversampling then.

A.C.

*I* hope to be wrong too... I was just considering the most likely move from a commercial point of view. I'd love 4 voices with 4 oscillators per voice! :D

Oh, and a couple of analog LFOs too!

Well, my old hands still have 5 fingers and I often play 2 keys w/ my thumb.

5 voices,- like a Prophet 5, but w/ 3 OSCs and some hidden specialities would be more ideal for me.

Just my players, not programmers, point of view.

A.C.

Moog just sent out a press release announcing the free VST MuRF Controller (no AU!! :( )... Does that rhyme in anyway with "Rogue Four?" Well, I don't think so, and based on all the Facebook photos, I think there's more in store.

Edit: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps/vst-murf-controller

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Archived