Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In praise of Omnisphere

Phil Aiken

I am usually a Piano/Wurly/Hammond kinda guy...but every so often I get asked to do some atmospheric synth stuff.

I finally broke down and purchased Omnisphere towards that end, and I have to say it has been a blast playing with it. Just going through the presets was cool enough, but it is VERY programmable, and I was able to come up with some pretty interesting sounds pretty quickly.

It is not just capable of paddy atmospheric stuff - it covers ALOT of bases. (And some Basses as well...)

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is not just capable of paddy atmospheric stuff

"paddy atmosphere" - could you clarify? Is this you doing a soundtrack to me riding my horse up and down the beach at Tyrella, tin whistle in my back pocket, looking across at the Mournes, wondering if the drizzle's going to stop and I might get to see them ...

or

"paddy atmosphere" - you doing a game soundtrack for the Playstation 5 release of Chickenhawk: "the game of the book - you weren't there in 'Nam ... you are now"

Just wondering while I tuck into my porridge (I'm in Scotland now and when in Rome), getting ready for the morning school run.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

B3, given that you have a VAX77, don't you wish Omnisphere would respond to PolyAT?

Per Eric, the designer, that is definitely on "the list".

And yes, it will be amazing when it is implemented.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

It is not just capable of paddy atmospheric stuff

"paddy atmosphere" - could you clarify? Is this you doing a soundtrack to me riding my horse up and down the beach at Tyrella, tin whistle in my back pocket, looking across at the Mournes, wondering if the drizzle's going to stop and I might get to see them ...

or

"paddy atmosphere" - you doing a game soundtrack for the Playstation 5 release of Chickenhawk: "the game of the book - you weren't there in 'Nam ... you are now"

Just wondering while I tuck into my porridge (I'm in Scotland now and when in Rome), getting ready for the morning school run.

Or Paddy Atmosphere, the loony Irish lad who's a voracious Guinness swiller?

You can't go wrong with Spectrasonics stuff, I have them all. :thu:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

don't you wish Omnisphere would respond to PolyAT?

Per Eric, the designer, that is definitely on "the list". And yes, it will be amazing when it is implemented.

Yeah, I hope they follow through on that- I have held off buying Omnisphere for that reason specifically.

Just getting acquainted with it....pretty sick!

+1 :thu:

I used it a fair amount in my previous internet collaboration gig, though that was mostly 'safe' sounds - background pads, string stuff, etc.. Planning to explore it more deeply for some of my own instrumental compositions/recordings; just need to organize time a bit better to do that - as I've had to pick up additional 'busy' work, due to the lost internet gig. :(

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Omnisphere = Time Travel Exists! http://www.ahnis-smiley.net/spock.gif Only forward though.

I launch it, and boom! Hours and sometimes days have gone by.

Love the Spectrasonics stuff.

My only complaint is that it is full of wonderful distractions that keep me from getting any work done. :thu:

Archived