Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

I'm exhausted and I didn't play a down today. :P

I can't remember ever feeling so drained at the end of a game where I was only a spectator.

You're right about "pre-season football." The Patriots (or even the Jets) aren't going to let our guys climb back into the game the way Flacco and the Ravens did today. Half that many mistakes = lights out!

Come on you guys, the Steelers are one game away from the Super Bowl. They're good at getting there, and have quite the knack for winning it when they do. Ben was better than Flacco (the 5th Marx brother). No brownie points for how they won, but they did win. They're tough. Ben is tough. Hines Ward is off the charts tough. The offensive line is incredible. How can you function with that many injuries? I wouldn't count the Steelers out any week; not in the playoffs.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It takes time to build up a QB. GB was right, and it took until now for them to really show it. If they have kept Brett, they may have had another decent season or two with him, but where would they be now? Even worse, they'd be starting from scratch next season (assuming Brett's career had the same or similar trajectory it did over the past few seasons). Nothing against Brett, but I'm glad to see that GB took a path for the future and not the moment.

Who's Brett? :confused:

Y'know, Brett....

http://media.canada.com/67bc2623-9886-4c71-9f03-edf992a0aa3a/bbutler-_375x375.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

by antimatter:

Come on you guys, the Steelers are one game away from the Super Bowl. They're good at getting there, and have quite the knack for winning it when they do. Ben was better than Flacco (the 5th Marx brother). No brownie points for how they won, but they did win. They're tough. Ben is tough. Hines Ward is off the charts tough. The offensive line is incredible. How can you function with that many injuries? I wouldn't count the Steelers out any week; not in the playoffs.

Yeah, the Steelers won the game. Sure, style points don't count when you win the game. But the Steelers now have to play the Patriots. The Steelers are not going to get the gifts they got in the second half of yesterday's game from NE next week. The Steelers stood around scratching their back side with a live ball laying on the field after a fumble. Can't do that against NE and expect to come within 30 points of that team.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

A real yawner. I am actually sorry Seattle advanced.....

Really glad to see "Da Bears" and the Pack going head to head next week!!!! :thu:

Personally, I would like to see the Steelers and NE go at it next week (nothing against the Jets who would be an excellent Steeler opponent as well.)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Again, a tale of two halves. Chicago really fell apart in the second half while the Seahawks outplayed them.

Go Pack!

The Bears didn't play very well in the second half, and the defense seemed to relax...maybe looking up at the scoreboard and thinking, "Hey, we're up 28-zip. Whew!"

Really glad to see "Da Bears" and the Pack going head to head next week!!!! :thu:

Personally, I would like to see the Steelers and NE go at it next week (nothing against the Jets who would be an excellent Steeler opponent as well.)

(edit)

If Alge had held on to that last ball, the Jets would have folded like a cheap suit.

(edit)

If Alge had held on to that last ball, the Jets would have folded like a cheap suit.

If my aunt were my uncle she'd still be named Sam
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Wow. Speaking of collapse...

The king of adjustments better start doing some adjusting, and quick. I just don't get it - the Pats first two drives they just stormed down the field effortlessly. Suddenly, after the Jets scored their first TD, it was like the Pats forgot how to play offense.

Between the first Brady interception and such, I didn't think the Patriots looked like their razor-sharp selves for pretty much the entire first half. 14-3 at the half.

Pats will have a tough time with this.

Their 'D' isn't built for come-from-behind in the 4th and 3-and-out stoppers when a team is looking to eat clock and will settle for 4 yards a play all quarter long.

Half time adjustments on offense didn't work. The game was won in the closing minutes of the 2nd. This could get ugly for the Pats.

AWESOME! AWESOME! Patriots dismissed. Bluster? rex badly outcoached BB
Congrats on the weekend sweep in the Pickem man :thu:

As much as I can't stand the Jets and Ryan, who was an absolute ass to celebrate in the end zone after that last Jets touchdown (perhaps a league suspension for the championship game?), I have to admit I enjoyed that game.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Congratulations to fans of the Jets and Bears!

The Jets outplayed the Patriots in every dimension. Tom Brady didn't seem to find his rhythm until the fourth quarter. Too little, too late! The Seahawks demonstrated why 7-9 teams should not be allowed to back into the playoffs. (Think of how much better a Bears/Giants game might have been.)

So now we're poised for a couple of great games next week: four cold weather teams in two cold weather cities including the Bears/Packers interdivisional rivalry. Classic playoff football!

:thu:

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I had a feeling da Bears would have an easy time with the Seahawks. They will not against the Packers. That should be a good game.

Ever since I watched Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, I can sense an upset brewing.

When Brady threw the INT and Alge dropped the TD, I knew the Jets had a chance to pull it off.

I thought the Pats would throw a hook or something to get back in the fight. They didn't have it.

The Jets played well and backed up their coach. Now, they have to get up for the Steelers. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Well, I guess I'm done caring about football for the season. Congratulations, Jets. I don't know who was on the field today, but it didn't look like the Patriots.

That Wes Welker press conference was so awesome. I don't know how he kept a straight face. I'm pretty surprised Belichick took it so seriously, even for him. Even Rex Ryan himself had to have cracked a smile at that. Well, probably not, but still...

Dollars to donuts the Steelers humiliate the Jets.

One can always hope!

If not, the scrappy Jets will have beaten Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger in three consecutive weeks.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived