Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

If the announcers say "That was a serious mistake by Favre" one more time, someone's going to tell them "Favre was a serious mistake by Minnesota".

How was this not obvious to everyone in the world not named Brett?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vick looks awesome. That's gonna be a serious problem for Mr. Kolb.

dB

He did indeed.

And he hurt me badly in fantasy football as well (but at least DeSean Jackson is on my team--that helps...)

Now I need P. Rivers from San Diego to have a monster game...

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

If I'm the coach, Vick is my guy. He has more weapons than Kolb. Once upon a time he was one of the more dangerous QBs in the league, and a little jail time later, I don't think much has changed. I know the Eagles were all set to go with Kolb at #1 this season, but even before the season started, I had some doubts. I think Vick is better.

by meccajay:

Not gonna happen..

Fact is, the Steelers field a better team than we do. We play you tough, but rarely if ever play better these days.

Today, Polamalu will own Vince Young, Harrison and Woodley will stalemate Chris Johnson, and although your newbie at QB will be challenged by the Titans D and make mistakes, he won't make nearly the number of mistakes needed for the Titans to beat the Steelers.

I'll conceed a victory for Pittsburgh, I'll even conceed Chris Johnson's 100yrd game streak, which I really have been enjoying. All I can ask is that you don't hurt CJ. Please. Watching CJ is one of the few remaining joy's I have in this man's NFL.

Its interesting that I think the Titans have a better team and you think the Steelers do. Hmm, the Steelers Offense is :sick: and :bor: If not for all the mistakes the Titans made today, the game would have been a different story. The Steelers Defense is still good, but we can't score points. The Steelers are more tnan lucky to be 2-0 at this point of the season. The teams we've played so far have been very charitable when we played them. I know when we play Baltimore, they will not be in a charitable mood. Their motto is "if we can beat 'em, hurt 'em."

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

So, should we resolve ourselves to the fact that Tony Romo is not all that good? I think we can safely assume he won't get much better after 5 years in the league.

It couldn't happen to a nicer organization. :D

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Despite my dismal effort in Pick 'em, I got it right with da Bears. :laugh:

Now, I'm watching my Skins display the offensive effort we haven't seen in a long time.

The defense hasn't given up 200 rushing yards. They have a few sacks but are giving up too many big plays. No killer instinct.

The O needs to keep clicking. D needs to make a big play. There is still too much time left in this game. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

So, should we resolve ourselves to the fact that Tony Romo is not all that good? I think we can safely assume he won't get much better after 5 years in the league.

It couldn't happen to a nice organization. :D

Cheers,

Mike T.

I liked his lid during the Press conference anyway. I'll give him that. :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Yeah, looks like a wash pretty much in the pick 'em, though Saku and db are positioned to make gains.

Pretty darn good games today though! At 1:00, there were no NY teams playing so I had the choice between Chi/Dal and Minn/Mia, and both were enjoyable games. NE/NYJ was exciting. Jets played a hell of a second half--dominant, even.

But of course, for me, the main treat kicks off in about half an hour.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

NE/NYJ was exciting. Jets played a hell of a second half--dominant, even.

But of course, for me, the main treat kicks off in about half an hour.

It was a day of mourning here in CT. Second year player #28 Darius Butler (UConn) got eaten alive two weeks in a row at Corner. Last week it was Chad Ochocinco taking him to school in the 4th quarter. Today it was a tag team match with Butler choosing to get penalized for pass interfence twice in a row. Just ugly. I figure he'll be walking back with his equipment tonight from NYC. If he gets mugged and killed in Bridgeport it will be an act of mercy.

Tough loss for the Pats, good win for the Jets. Sanchez made the plays he needed to, and when he didn't, the Pats unfortunately picked him up with two big pass interference penalties that ultimately led to the nail in the coffin. Just sloppy defense, and especially frustrating since neither pass would have been caught anyway. Not only that, they were able to get the clutch turnover right when Brady was kicking into 4th quarter magic mode. Damn.

All in all, it was totally the Jets' day.

On the plus side, that was one hell of a one-handed catch that Moss made on Revis.

I saw that catch at an event I was working with no sound on the TV's... I thought that was a commercial or something. Incredible!!!

That catch was clearly a message sent from Moss, to any future teams looking to invest in him next season.

TROLL . . . ish.

That catch was clearly a message sent from Moss, to any future teams looking to invest in him next season.

That's what I thought too. Although he had to start that catch one-handed, it didn't look to me like there was any need to finish it that way -- no need other than to make it look more impressive, that is. And it was too.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Yeah, looks like a wash pretty much in the pick 'em, though Saku and db are positioned to make gains.

Pretty darn good games today though! At 1:00, there were no NY teams playing so I had the choice between Chi/Dal and Minn/Mia, and both were enjoyable games. NE/NYJ was exciting. Jets played a hell of a second half--dominant, even.

Indeed, I was pretty stunned to see that my 7-7-1 was enough to pull me within 1 of the lead with tonight's game yet to go.

Oh man, I can't believe after jumping out of the gate into first place last week, Governor Silver forgot to pick this week!

Bummer.

Best,

Geoff

:blush:

My work schedule has been unbelievable of late, to say the least. Adding to the stress was having to prepare my parts for our band's recording session. Knowing that it would be to reel-to-reel tape instead of straight to DAW was getting into my head too.

I watched the Eagles-Lions and Pats-Jets highlights.

Vick looked like a real passing QB. I'd be shocked if the Eagles don't stick to him as the starter.

Moss's one-handed grab on Revis was impressive indeed. LT must be getting a lot of carries there - I thought he was going to be Greene's backup, but looks like they run by committee. Cro looked good too.

[in NCAA news, the Houston Cougars lost both their first and second string quarterbacks for the season due to injuries in the game against UCLA Saturday night. Starter Case Keenum was a likely Heisman candidate, but tore his right ACL. Second string QB Cotton Turner broke his clavicle. The next guy in line is a true freshman that was going to be redshirted this season as was the other guy they will now consider. :( ]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

E-yikes! Pretty dismal showing by the NYG. This O-line is running on fumes and what little reputation they have left. The Colts did an excellent job of "taking what the Giants gave them," to Addai's great statistical advantage.

It's a long season. The Giants now know where they stand, which is to say not ready to compete against the best. I am hoping that can change in a hurry.

The NFL is funny, man. Every team has problems. It's jus what, what the hell can you do to somehow get to 10 wins?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived