Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Javon Walker only lasted two weeks in Minnesota

I'm sorry to hear that. I would have enjoyed seeing Favre pass to him, if only for nostalgic value.

I Googled Javon to see what happened. Here's what I found:

Vikings released WR Javon Walker.

Walker showed well in the preseason with a pair of touchdowns and over 100 combined yards in two games, so he might have put enough on tape to get another team to bite. Unfortunately for him, the Vikings deemed Greg Camarillo a superior option in the possession role they'd been seeking to upgrade. Minnesota will keep just four receivers on the roster, confirming the medical staff's confidence that Percy Harvin's migraines will not recur. (Source)

Best,

Geoff

Wow, he got beat out by Greg Camarillo!!

Camarillo got his start with the Chargers and may have caught a pass or two in regular season action. He was released because Eric Parker (our possession guy at the time - he was nails on 3rd downs, with a knack for separating in time for the 7-15 yrd catch to convert) was still healthy and productive.

Washington cut ole "Fast" Willie Parker, former Steeler who broke a long run and scored a TD in the SB a few years back over Seattle. Since he ripped his knee up, he's never been the same. He's also had a lot of minor injuries that kept him off the field, and apparently doesn't have the break away speed he use to have. He's 30 years old and he could be out of football for good. :(

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Washington cut ole "Fast" Willie Parker, former Steeler who broke a long run and scored a TD in the SB a few years back over Seattle. Since he ripped his knee up, he's never been the same. He's also had a lot of minor injuries that kept him off the field, and apparently doesn't have the break away speed he use to have. He's 30 years old and he could be out of football for good. :(

That's too bad. I always liked Willie as a player. You're definitely right though; ever since that knee injury he never got back to the level he was playing at pre-injury.

And in other Steelers news: Dennis Dixon earns starting QB position

Some names have surprized me from this weeks list of cuts.

2 Heisman winning QB's, TJ Housh, Pat White, Javon Walker, Willie Parker etc. Of course, a couple have been resigned, Pat White would rather play baseball than become a reciever, and it's true Parker may be done for good. Cycle of life stuff.

The Dixon situation is a tough blow for the Steelers, so much talent in that kid, but so so green. He'll look more "athletic" than the other choices like Batch, but we all know he'll just be running for his life.

In other news, my Titans did indeed release LeGarrette Blount...Better known as the kid with the illegal right cross while at Univ of Oregon. In truth he was just a walk on with no value who'd missed a year of his college career due to suspension. What I saw this preseason(and in college) was a monster of a strong RB. The Bucs picked him up off waivers, and lots of Titans fans saw what I saw and are mad at Fisher & co.

The real truth is, unlike teams like the Chargers who have a true RB corps, if our CJ ever goes down, were toast..Blount wasn't gonna change that. He sure would have looked good wearing down defense's though!

Oh, and by the way.. Jeff Fisher is a top 10 NFL coach.

Sure, we can put Shanahan, Tomlin, and maybe even Coughlin or Reid ahead of him on the list for good measure, but would you really stand someone other than them next to Fish in an NFL owners office, and think that owner wouldn't pick Jeff in a New York minute to run his organization?? Not a chance! I have my problems with him sometimes, as do the Titans loyal, but I stand by the man as being one of the finest we'll ever get to have.

TROLL . . . ish.

The Colts are #1 in ESPN's 2010 NFL Power Rankings: Week 1. Apparently, ESPN forgot how Super Bowl losers usually fare the season following their loss. That said, you'd have to be crazy not to expect the Colts to be contenders again this year. But number one? I wouldn't give that to them yet.

Also surprisingly, the Packers are ranked at number three behind last year's Super Bowl combatants. (Yes, the Saints are number two.) That's a lot of respect for a Wild Card team that finished 11-5. I sure hope Green Bay lives up to the expectations of conventional wisdom pundits this year.

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

So, we have TWO pools. I did a rant about the Yahoo pool in a previous post, but db posted that he is taking care of the KC pool on this site. I already made my pick on the Survival Pool thread and I trust that is all I need to do. If not, let me know.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Wow...how epehemeral the career of the RB.

That's too bad. I always liked Willie as a player. You're definitely right though; ever since that knee injury he never got back to the level he was playing at pre-injury.

And in other Steelers news: Dennis Dixon earns starting QB position

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I'm hoping the end of Darrelle Revis' holdout will now result in some real movement on Vincent Jackson, whether he returns to action as a Charger or gets traded. Jackson has the same agents. These agents and the Charger management have been accusing each other of holding up trade scenarios. The agents allegedly have been demanding a ridiculous sum (a contract exceeding Brandon Marshall's $47.5 mill, 4-yr deal), for example for a potential trade to Seattle. They accuse the Chargers of not granting permission to speak with teams other than Seattle, which doesn't make sense because the Rams were apparently allowed to inquire.

Confusing to me is why on earth are the Redskins and Titans talking about a Haynesworth trade? The reason Haynesworth is not a Titan in the 1st place is because we couldn't afford him! What makes the Skins think we can afford to lose 2 draft picks for him now?

It would be awesome to have him back in the fold to add to Jason Jones and Tony Brown. That would be a formidable D-line. Appealing, but not that appealing.

Rumors out of DC say the skins want 2 picks from us, so they can put 2 high draft pics together for the Chargers and Vincent Jackson. If the Chargers still want a 2nd & 3rd for VJ, then I doubt that will happen.

So is that godzillian contract just going to dissapear now?

TROLL . . . ish.

Confusing to me is why on earth are the Redskins and Titans talking about a Haynesworth trade?

Rumors out of DC say the skins want 2 picks from us, so they can put 2 high draft pics together for the Chargers and Vincent Jackson. If the Chargers still want a 2nd & 3rd for VJ, then I doubt that will happen.

So is that godzillian contract just going to dissapear now?

Maybe Haynesworth-less has an affinity for the state of Tennessee having gone to college there and played for the Titans already.

I certainly hope the Skins can ship big baby Godzilla out of town and pick up those two (2) draft picks.

But, I'm not so sure about using those picks to get VJ who could be a different type of cancer to the team. Especially if he gets wrapped up in the DC nightlife. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

But, I'm not so sure about using those picks to get VJ who could be a different type of cancer to the team. Especially if he gets wrapped up in the DC nightlife. :rolleyes::cool:

I've heard you guys are pretty unconvinced in your WR core, and VJ may be the perfect solution.

TROLL . . . ish.

Eeeenteresting, meccajay. Could the Skins be the mystery NFC team mentioned in this San Diego Union Tribune article?

"See, Feinsod and partner Neil Schwartz said they had a deal, believed to be for one year and $7 million plus incentives, done with a team they declined to identify. It is known that team was not the Seattle Seahawks or St. Louis Rams. It almost certainly was a team in the NFC, as the Chargers were not interested in trading Jackson within their own conference."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/sep/08/jackson-deal-still-possible-if-not-likely/

No doubt the agents and the Chargers probably share the blame, whether the agents are really looking for a Brandon Marshall like contract or whether the Chargers are really looking for unreasonably high draft picks as part of the trade.

Minnesota vs. New Orleans at the Superdome.

Great way to kick off the season! :cool::thu:

Best,

Geoff

Agreed

Should be a great games to kick things off.

I can't believe the long wait is finally over and it's really football season. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

With the Vikes WR core injured, it might not be a close game. Then Brett will try to make things happen and get picked off, as usual.

It might be over by half time. :wave: As you all know, I'm an optimist. :/

Cheers,

Mike T.

I had "jambalaya" for lunch today to get into the spirit of the start of the 2010 NFL season. :)

I agree that this game might not be close. The Saints enter this game relatively healthy (Vilma and Porter both probable) and eager to prove that they really are the better team, in front of what's sure to be a spirited home crowd.

Archived