Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Major Economic News - High Importance

Mr. Nightime

Heineken??!! F@%& that $#!^! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Corona over those others anyway. Corona with lime is my official gigging drink.

A gig, date, football game, driving down the street, mouthwash, etc., any excuse works for me. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Oooh, a beer thread!

As far as mainstream beer goes, I like Sam Adams (pretty much all varieties), Guinness, and Newcastle (I just wish they'd stop selling it in clear bottles! :mad:)

On the craft brew side, I like Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

One of my buddies is also really into beer and has started home brewing. His first ever batch was a holiday-theme red ale that wasn't half bad. A Belgian Dubbel is next on his list, which I'm looking forward to as a fan of malty beers.

My favorite:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ipa/ipa.jpg

You arrogant bastard!

If EVER you are in the San Diego area, you HAVE to check out the Stone Brewery. It's one of the coolest spots in town (well actually outside of town - Escondido) with an awesome laid back tour and a kick ass restaurant with great ambience. One of my favorite items on the menu - fried, battered mash potato balls.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

My favorite:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ipa/ipa.jpg

You arrogant bastard!

If EVER you are in the San Diego area, you HAVE to check out the Stone Brewery. It's one of the coolest spots in town (well actually outside of town - Escondido) with an awesome laid back tour and a kick ass restaurant with great ambience. One of my favorite items on the menu - fried, battered mash potato balls.

:D

Oh, I've been there--my parents live in Oceanside--and I agree. My parents don't even drink and they've talked about going back!

I'm glad I don't drink alcohol.

Buzz.....stomp. :(

Me? I love a good room temp Guinness on a winter's night. In summertime, I've grown fond of a hefeweizen by Magic Hat. When I want fruit in my beer, I skip the Corona with lime and go for a Blue Moon with an orange wedge. And, among mainstream labels, I'll take a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale any day. The nectar of the gods!

Noah

I'll be in San Diego in a couple of weeks for a conference. Looks like I know where I'm going for dinner one night ... assuming I can get out there.

How far is Escondido from downtown? (I'll be near the convention center and Gaslamp.)

I'll be in San Diego in a couple of weeks for a conference. Looks like I know where I'm going for dinner one night ... assuming I can get out there.

How far is Escondido from downtown? (I'll be near the convention center and Gaslamp.)

When will you be out Noah? Stone brewery is probably 20 or 30 miles from downtown, but don't let that daunt you. It's a straight shot up the 15 more or less. (well 163 to 15 from downtown). Let me know when you're out here.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Guinness, Lagavulin for me. Not necessarily in that order.

I LOVE Guinness... and I've been told that it tastes better in Ireland... (different ingredients? I don't know)

Man, if I love Guinness that much here, imagine how much I'd love it there...

It's the mineral content of the water in Ireland that gives it its distinctive flavour. I've not been to Ireland since childhood but during Expo 86 the local Irish Rovers pub were flying it in fresh from Dublin every morning! :) There is definitely a difference.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Oooh, a beer thread!

..... A Belgian Dubbel is next on his list, which I'm looking forward to as a fan of malty beers.

A beer thread indeed ! Odell's 90 Shilling Ale is my choice...

My next door neighbor introduced us to a Belgian Dubbel last July; great beer, but packs a punch. They don't call it Dubbel for nothing...

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

When I lived in Homer AK I had a Chimay Ale. Brewed at the Scourmont Abbey in Belgium by Trappist Monks. That was the best beer I've ever had. I've been trying to find it here, with not much luck, but there's a little BBQ place in Cocoa Beach called Low and Slow that I've seen advertise Chimay on tap.

As far as Guiness tasting different in Ireland, that's not unusual. When I played in Holland many years ago, I had Heineken on tap where it was a local beer. Tasted much better there than in the US.

When I lived near Seattle, I played a birthday party at the Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville WA. We got a tour of the brewery, and even got to tast the wart for a batch if Red Hook ESB. Then the beer tasting afterward. I was in beer heaven, I love Red Hook ESB to this day, I just can't get it where I play.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Hmmm, did they buy Modelo, too? That's one of my favorites. In fact, I am quite fond of Dos Equis as well. I like Mexican beers, for the most part. I hope Heineken doesn't mess it up. Doesn't Chrysler own Heineken?
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

R0lling Rock...and Mike's Hard Lemonade.
+1 for Mikes! Gotta love alcopop. If they'd made that stuff 35 years ago, I might have gotten lucky sooner!

What she's yearning for is a firm "Sarah, I'll have Lagavulin...a double, neat, and water back."
Or Oban on the rocks with a splash.

I can't drink beer. If I drink enough to get sloppy, I get a 2-day hangover. As a result, I never learned to like the taste either.

Archived