Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have joined the Hammond club :-)

Mark Schmieder

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That might have been the broken one that has been re-listed several times.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Awesome, Steve! One of these days I'll update to the XK3c. The extra MIDI capabilities would come in handy for me.

Next up: You need a 3300. ;)

Yes, the MIDI capabilities are quite nice indeed.

Question: is there any way to lock the setups to not override them inadvertently?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Awesome, Steve! One of these days I'll update to the XK3c. The extra MIDI capabilities would come in handy for me.

Question: is there any way to lock the setups to not override them inadvertently?

There must be a grand-daughter proximity alert somewhere on that thing. :) I have the same problem with my Electro and my kids. I'm pretty fast the Mem Lock now though! Now if I could do something about sticky little hands... :crazy::sick:

Regards,

Joe

There must be a grand-daughter proximity alert somewhere on that thing. :) I have the same problem with my Electro and my kids. I'm pretty fast the Mem Lock now though! Now if I could do something about sticky little hands... :crazy::sick:

Regards,

Joe

:) Actually I am the problem! Or might be the problem in a live setting. I would hate to screw up settings by ham handing the setup buttons..... On my Yamaha I can lock the presets and of course have to go through the secondary step of actually saving the settings to the card; otherwise, the changes in volatile memory are lost (which if you screw settings up ain't a bad thing..)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

You can lock the current active preset by pressing the Bank and Rec/Jump buttons for a second. (pg. 45) This prevents accidentally selecting the B preset during an over enthusiastic down smear. Press them again to release the lock.

You can also lock the display so that the menu buttons become inoperative. This would be useful in a situation where you may be letting someone sit in on your '3c but you don't want them messing with your settings. Press and hold the < > and Play buttons and power on. The menu, 4 buttons below the screen and the 2 buttons to the left of it become inoperable. Everything else functions as normal. To release the lock power off, hold the buttons and power on again. (pg. 49) Of coarse you are hosed if the guy knows this too and wants to Fu.. mess with you.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tip! Getting things sorted out...

BTW: to get the Jon Lord sound (think: "Lazy" from "Machine Head") from this board I suggest you send (via the effects loop) the signal through a Fulltone Bass-Drive pedal fully cranked.

Gnarly doesn't even begin to describe that sweet, mangled, distorted sound.. ;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

• 4 months later...

Not interested in a Leslie--perhaps a Ventilator tho.....

Oh, we'll fix that. :D Hang around us organ heads long enough, we'll corrupt ya!

Tempting but I don't have the space. :)

Well folks...... I am now corrupted.

I now have a in GREAT condition Leslie 122 in my humble studio.

And the first person to play my Leslie-enhanced rig was none other than our own Mr. Jim Alfredson! :thu:

Photos forthcoming (tomorrow.)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

BTW, does plugging a Leslie into the XK3c automatically disengage it's internal sim?

Yes and no. If you connect via the 11 pin cable the signal to the Leslie is a clean - un-digital Leslied signal. Along with the right 1/4" output. The left 1/4" output still has the digital Leslie available. The Leslie buttons/footswitch/halfmoon switch on the XK-3c control both.

If you will be using the 1/4" output into a preamp box etc. you would need to set the digital Leslie to 2 - 3 channel type and make sure the Brake and On LEDs are off (Fast can be on or off).

Hey Mike:

Where do you buy your Anvil cases? I don't "see them around much". I see the usual suspects when shopping around for cases.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Hey Mark ...I hope you are still on this forum ...I have 2 questions for you ...

1. How to join the Hammond club??? I would love to join but know nothing of the club .????? thanks

2. About 3 mo ago i sold a Hammond XK-1 online to a organist

in Tex ..( I live in Seattle ) ..He is now experiencing problems with the XK-1 seems to be a drawbar problem ...only the lower 3 drawbars ..16' 5 1/3' 8' are functional ...and when accessing them on the LED readout ...they waver ...( or kind of wiggle ) i suggested he change the battery ...not really knowing what else to tell him ...And he is not getting any satisfaction from Hammond Suzuki ..(they have not returned any communications with him ....

Have you any knowledge or ever experienced this problem ...or similar problm like this one ..Mike Lyle gator9t9@comcast.net

Thanks ...so much

Hey Mike:

Where do you buy your Anvil cases? I don't "see them around much". I see the usual suspects when shopping around for cases.

I just call the eastern zone Calzone Case phone number on the website (Calzone owns Anvil).

The only store I've ever seen carry Anvil cases is the now-defunct Dickstein Distributing Company out of Scranton. That was a great store.

Hey Mark ...I hope you are still on this forum ...I have 2 questions for you ...

1. How to join the Hammond club??? I would love to join but know nothing of the club .????? thanks

2. About 3 mo ago i sold a Hammond XK-1 online to a organist

in Tex ..( I live in Seattle ) ..He is now experiencing problems with the XK-1 seems to be a drawbar problem ...only the lower 3 drawbars ..16' 5 1/3' 8' are functional ...and when accessing them on the LED readout ...they waver ...( or kind of wiggle ) i suggested he change the battery ...not really knowing what else to tell him ...And he is not getting any satisfaction from Hammond Suzuki ..(they have not returned any communications with him ....

Have you any knowledge or ever experienced this problem ...or similar problm like this one ..Mike Lyle gator9t9@comcast.net

Thanks ...so much

He might contact a local Hammond Pro-Line dealer directly for service:

Hammond Dealer List

It could be something as simple as a loose connector or something having been spilled on it getting the drawbar contacts dirty.

Good Luck.

Hello everyone. I'm the guy gator9t9 sold the Hammond XK-1 to. I'm very thankful for his assistance on this matter - what a genuinely nice guy (if only EVERY seller could be like him...)

Hammond-Suzuki responded to me via email about an hour ago saying:

"Erik

It sounds like the cable to the drawbar assembly is loose. I would suggest

having a tech look at it. Here is a copy of the service manual to assist

Regards

Ray"

I'm fairly certain that it is a simple connection issue, as this has been an intermittent problem for a week now. It's at my tech shop now, and I'll keep everyone updated. Otherwise, the xk-1 has been awesome! great keyboard.

atomicfunkproject.com

Hello everyone. I'm the guy gator9t9 sold the Hammond XK-1 to. I'm very thankful for his assistance on this matter - what a genuinely nice guy (if only EVERY seller could be like him...)

Hammond-Suzuki responded to me via email about an hour ago saying:

"Erik

It sounds like the cable to the drawbar assembly is loose. I would suggest

having a tech look at it. Here is a copy of the service manual to assist

Regards

Ray"

I'm fairly certain that it is a simple connection issue, as this has been an intermittent problem for a week now. It's at my tech shop now, and I'll keep everyone updated. Otherwise, the xk-1 has been awesome! great keyboard.

Did this turn out to be a loose connection?

Archived