Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The minutes go like hours....

Floyd Tatum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright David!!

My long time comrade in arms, the great drummer David Tull. I'm going to have to call him him up on this. Too funny! I didn't know he was a David Frishberg in the making.

I think it was written has a way of expressing his dissatisfaction with the LA Jazz scene has it is these days. I hear ya my friend.

Alright David!!

My long time comrade in arms, the great drummer David Tull. I'm going to have to call him him up on this. Too funny! I didn't know he was a David Frishberg in the making.

I think it was written has a way of expressing his dissatisfaction with the LA Jazz scene has it is these days. I hear ya my friend.

The piano player on this track (Minutes pass like hours) sounds great! Not positive who it is, but I think it's Corey Allen. Dave, do you know Corey Allen?

The piano player on this track (Minutes pass like hours) sounds great! Not positive who it is, but I think it's Corey Allen. Dave, do you know Corey Allen?

Not really. I think we met one time years ago at Le Cafe. He is a very good player, last I'd heard he had taken some kind of gig with Bosendorfer.

I think "The minutes go like hours" should become the official opener song for ALL Jazz-Jam-Sessions.

You know, there are nice surprises. At the local session, there once was a norwegian mini-accordion player who played the most be-boppish lines on this toy instrument, at an incredible speed. Or the trumpet player who brought "Cosmic Steps", his version of "Giant Steps" but revolving around 4 and not 3 tonal centers :-D

AND THEN, there are these singers, drunk and stoned to the max, who want to sing the same tune each time...

or the guy with the blues harp, only in B, so he wants to play a B Blues 20 times during the whole evening...

or the guy with the self-made flute, which is kind of resistant to tuning...

or the occasional trombone player (do I need to say more?)...

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

I think "The minutes go like hours" should become the official opener song for ALL Jazz-Jam-Sessions.

I'm with you on this one Mo - I have great respect for the guys who play this kind of stuff -

those major 9th's & minor 13th's with a diminished 7th don't play themselves, you know......

but why do they have to rub it in? - for three hours at a time? (the time being, of course, 33/9)

EVERY time..... :mad:

WE GOT IT THE FIRST TIME - OK????????????? :cool:

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Amen! This is hilarious! I was asked to host a jazz jam last Sunday and I wish I'd had this tune to close the night. There's always at least one singer that deserves it.I'm gonna post it and play it.

Thanks, Richard!

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Amen! This is hilarious! I was asked to host a jazz jam last Sunday and I wish I'd had this tune to close the night. There's always at least one singer that deserves it.I'm gonna post it and play it.

Thanks, Richard!

Definitely, this is an instant classic.

Archived