Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ultimate Support Apex stand

Junkstyle

Another fan, here. I bought 2 of them in '92; gave one to a friend shortly thereafter and have used the $*%@ out of mine. The arms no longer fit inside for storage, but it's a minor inconvenience to throw them in the gig bag. It also leans slightly, as one of the rubber feet is missing.

Come to think of it, I should buy one of the new ones...

"I never knew that music like that was possible." - Mozart ( Amadeus movie)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys do when the rubber padding on the arms comes off (usually within a month or two) Do you create a homemade solution, or do you scratch the hell out of the bottom of your boards?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

What do you guys do when the rubber padding on the arms comes off (usually within a month or two) Do you create a homemade solution, or do you scratch the hell out of the bottom of your boards?

I call Ultimate and they send me replacements pads. That was after I did what Wastrel mentions above with the weatherstripping, and that wore down to nothing (over a period of months).

I cut up some rubber self-adhering furniture feet gizmos. Very durable and sticky, but thicker than the original pads, so arms don't fit inside the stand.

"I never knew that music like that was possible." - Mozart ( Amadeus movie)

Funny the question of the arm padding has come up. I just bought a used Apex and the foam was missing on all but one arm. I had some black non slip shelf liner that I cut in very narrow strips. Glued them on and better than new. Arms still fit in the case as well.
If I listed all of my gear here my wife might see it and start asking questions.

I've had one for about 15 years, and the plastic hinge (Don't see how ANYONE thought that was a good idea) finally snapped off. Once in awhile the bars get stuck in the storage slots and need to be fished out with pliers. Not a big deal, but aggravating. Overall fairly stable. I'll look into the new Apex when it's time to replace.
This is where you put your gear list that no one reads anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
Rugged, dependable, easy to deploy and stow, elegant design - what's not to like?

The base gets in the way of pedals and foot switches. If you're looking for quick setups and tear downs, and easy carrying, get a Standtastic. It folds down to the same size as the Apex, but leaves plenty of room for your feet. The only problem is that you need to be sure to tighten up the wing nuts when you transport the stand, or they'll fall out and possibly get lost. Otherwise, setup is, as advertised, about 30 seconds. Tear down is about the same.

Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

Columbia, Maryland, USA

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Alesis QS 6.1

Casio Privia 310

I can't wait to get mine. I had to make my decision on 2-tier vs. 3-tier base last Friday without all the info I wanted, but if it turns out I need the 3-tier base for gigging, I'll order that one later and maybe even sell the Apex.

For some reason the Apex seems to be going out of production in favour of the uber-expensive new model, which looks awkward to me (and heavy).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

As of today, 8/5/09, the Guitar Center in Arlington, Texas has a set of the long tribars and one superclamp in stock (clamp and tribars are sold separately).

I just happened to see them hanging on the wall when I was there today. They had two sets of the long bars, but now have just one set ;)

No, I do not work for them, just trying to help out someone who might need them quickly.

www.guitarcenter.com I think will point you to the local store's phone.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Oh, good to know they're coming back into stock.

I won't even have a chance to take my Standtastick out of its box and set it up for at least a week, if not longer.

I am suddenly drowning in studio work and immediate deadlines -- everything else takes a back seat until I'm past the hump.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I dunno - the Apex 48 was a no-brainer to me: I hated it. No place for my footpedals, wobbly, not deep enough for a serious 88 note keyboard, strange angle, etc. My church had one with an old heavy 88-note Korg 01w on it and they used the top tier to push down on the keyboard and keep it from falling off the bottom tier - yikes! I got rid of the stand and the board together!

But the Apex 90 is a better design (to me anyway)... looks more stable, the quad foot arrangement makes pedals more accessable. But it retails for $300-$350... kinda steep for a stick stand.

Just can't make myself buy one yet... maybe if I stare at CJ's pix long enough... no, it's not working... :(

One inconvenience with my Apex Ultimate keyboard stand is with the plastic flip-top "lid" which closes over the area where the 4 arms are stored - this plastic "lid" does not stay closed. As a result, sometimes when I am carrying the stand, the 4 arms start to slide out. Does anyone have a clever solution for this problem?

Does anyone have a clever solution for this problem?

Yes, I have a clever solution: The Ultimate Support Apex stand has a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY - KLONK .

Call them and order a new part. :idea:

Customer Support

Please contact us at:

800-525-5628

music.customersupport@ultimatesupport.com

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived