Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: RIP Patrick McGoohan

wjwilcox

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep seeing posts about this, but I've never seen The Prisoner. It seems like it was an interesting show.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, briefed, de-briefed or numbered....my life is my own. What do you want?"

"We want information...."

"You won't get it..."

"By hook or by crook, we will...."

One of the greatest shows of its time.

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

All episodes of The Prisoner is currently available for viewing free online:

http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner-1960s-video/?bcpid=2517767001&bclid=6012619001&bctid=6069547001

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/1416853582_364fed2ee1.jpg

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I hope it wasn't hearing that they're doing a remake of "The Prisoner" series that did him in.

Probably my favourite TV actor of all time. One of these days I'll get around to watching the DVD's of Danger Man. They nicely included the movie as well, which was released in the USA as a two-part pilot for a show that never took off but which was assumed to build upon Danger Man/Secret Agent Man. Filmed in Japan.

He was also in a lot of really good Disney live action films O(and one not so good one, Dinosaur). Favourite is The 10,000 Cats of Tomassina (or something like that), which I think had Greek windmills or maybe it was filmed in Spain? I was pretty young; I just remember the windmills, which weren't Dutch.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

The Prisoner was such a cool show! I can feel the 60's retro-vibe just thinking about it. Kinda like a retro Shock Doctrine chapter of sorts thinking about it.

Thanks Patrick, I really enjoyed it, time to rest man and fly high!

Jazz+ thanks for that link!

:cry:

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

I loved the Prisoner. It was one of those shows that just came together: the music, the use of full color, the art design, the writing and acting all gave the show a distinctive cinematic and daresay psychedelic feel. A classic TV moment was when he appeared on Columbo years later and as Columbo was leaving said "be seeing you".
Hammond XK3, Rhodes 73 Mk1, Wurlitzer 140B, Kurzweil Pc2R,Kurzweil K2000, Wurlitzer 7300 combo organ

The Secret Agent background music with harpsichord and orchestra was catchy.

Have a listen, the judo scene is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1o7tOkvao

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Archived