Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Threads we are unlikely to see on Keyboard Corner

Outkaster

At least from me:

"Who needs the piano, Linwood taught me how to use ProTools"

"For Sale...2005 NY Steinway D, must sell, no offer refused. Or trade for Alesis Andromeda in good condition"

"Newbee...Advice on becoming a DJ Artist"

"Synth tips for Pros"

"Dave Ferris Anthology/The New Age Years"

"I'm up and running"

"Meyer Audio UPJ-1P v.s. Motion Sound KP200"

"Midi Basics Explained in Depth"

"The Best VST Plug-ins For Me"

"Dave Ferris...Confessions and the Transpose Button"

"Mashup for a day"

"Reharm Room...latest version of "Night & Day" w/ my new Moog Voyager"

"Newbee..help with the piano part on "Imagine"

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitar players that don't play solo's too long.

GC Employees Now Kick out people that noodle in the keyboard dept.

The keys of BM, EM, and AM are not a pain in the ass.

My trumpet player in the band will not play a hi C note in my ears.

Four friends that love to haul my Hammond B-3 anywhere.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

"Keyboard Profiles This Month Synth Wiz Dave Ferris.

Dave recently became MD of Michael Jackson's Comeback Tour..."The Child In Me", scheduled to hit the road this spring. Dave talks of his love and extensive use of soft synths plus his integration of complex computer sequences in the show. He also goes on to explain in depth, the concepts behind Michael's 10 costume changes during the evening. Not to be missed"!

My spouse or girlfriend does not care how much gear I buy.

I am up in the front of house mix, what do I do?

Inexpensive Hammond Organ clones

Other band members that move their gear so you can fit on stage

Finally its here the S-90 XS!

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

The Perfect Keyboard Action for Playing Organ AND Piano, Under 30 lbs!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

BLUESKEYS DITCHES HIS 15 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND TO MARRY HIS GRANDMOTHER! :laugh:

SVEN (GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND) GOLLY'S FRIEND, GOOGLE, RECENTLY HAD A SEX CHANGE OPERATION. THEY MARRIED AND SHE IS NOW KNOWN AS MRS. SVEN GOLLY-GOOGLE. RUMOR HAS IT THAT SOON THERE WILL BE MANY GOLLY-GOOGLES IN THE HOUSE AND LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

ERIC GIVES ALL HIS BAND SHIRTS TO CHARITY AND DECIDES TO JOIN THE HOUSE BAND AT PARADISE LAKES NUDIST RESORT IN FLORIDA.

LEARJEFF DENOUNCES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AS BUNK AND PROCLAIMS THAT 15" WOOFERS ARE DA BOMB! :love: HE'S BOUGHT A BIGGER BED... JUST BECAUSE. :rolleyes:

PROFD GETS ALL PISSY, COPS AN ATTITUDE, AND VEHEMENTLY DISAGREES WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY AT KC. HE IS LAST SEEN BOARDING A PLANE TO THE NETHERLANDS TO START A NEW LIFE. ;)

SK DECIDES THAT IT'S NO LONGER COOL TO CARRY HIS EQUIPMENT IN A BROWN PAPER BAG SO HE SWITCHES TO PLASTIC. :thu:

B3-er AUCTIONS HIS HAMMOND/LESLIE ON eBAY AND BUYS AN RMI. :idea:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Dave recently became MD of Michael Jackson's Comeback Tour..."The Child In Me", scheduled to hit the road this spring. Dave talks of his love and extensive use of soft synths plus his integration of complex computer sequences in the show. He also goes on to explain in depth, the concepts behind Michael's 10 costume changes during the evening. Not to be missed"!

Extra Bonus for Keyboard Subscribers Only:

"Exclusive video footage of Michael and Dave rehearsing their special duo performance of that now famous Re-Harm Room Standard..."Alone Together".

"Exclusive video footage of Michael and Dave rehearsing their special duo performance of that now famous Re-Harm Room Standard..."Alone Together".

cue segue into "Has long has he needs me"

;):wave:

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

cue segue into "Has long has he needs me"

;):wave:

or..."How Long Has this been going on"

Extra Bonus for Keyboard Subscribers Only:

Fast forward one year later:

In this month's Keyboard, Editor Ernie Rideout sits down for an in depth conversation with now Legendary Hip Hop Producer/Songwriter Dave Ferris. They discuss the rigors of the road has well has Dave's rediscovery of his roots, the Acoustic Piano.

KB:

So Dave, do you miss touring with Michael? I know the road can get pretty grueling out there.

DF:

Yeah Ernie, it's tough, I really do miss the the special times I've shared with Michael.

KB:

Can you be a bit more specific?

DF:

Well one memorable occasion was when Michael did a duo performance with Elton John for the Queen of England and Elizabeth Taylor. I was accompanying both of them doing my own special arrangement of the Gershwin tune "The Man I Love". That was very special...and then the post performance party, let me just say I heard the cries of "Beat It" more than a few times...what a night!

KB:

Wow, it doesn't get any better than that!

DF:

You said it!

KB:

Tell us about your rediscovery of the piano.

DF:

Well has you know Ernie, life can get pretty lonely out there on the road. One time in Michael's private jet we were flying over the state of Kansas. I looked down and Paul McCartney's words ran through my mind..."Ah.. look at all the lonely people". I thought to myself here I am up here flying along in a private jet making 25K a week (+ $300 a day per diem) while these poor peons are going about their everyday futile existence.

I was in inspired enough to get the energy to go over to Michael's white Yamaha piano onboard and come up with this...in Musician's lingo we call this is a Reharm Ernie.

KB:

Oh, I see.

DF:

Yeah, it just came to me just has we were leaving Kansas and crossing into another God Forsaken state. I came up with my Reharm version of "Color My World".

KB:

How exciting plus we were fortunate enough to get Tom Bristlin to transcribe your masterpiece. It appears on page 49 under Advanced Playing Tips.

KB:

Have things slowed down since you are no longer touring?

DF:

Not really Ernie. I have a few projects in the fire. One being, I'm producing a 7 year old GENIUS Theramin player from St. Charles Mo., he's really something. We're going in the studio to do a tribute album to one of my major influences, Paul Revere and the Raiders. It will fuse Hip Hop grooves with some more Medieval type textures, kind of a "Old World meets New" if you know what I mean Ernie. (Ernie nods his head in acknowledgment) In fact when Michael found out about the project, he insisted on guesting on the CD.

KB:

Looking forward to that one!

And thanks again Dave, it's not often I get to speak with a legend.

DF:

My pleasure Ernie, anytime.

Yanni and John Tesh totally transcribed.

Hip-Hop producers remix Enya's greatest hits on an OASYS featuring solos by Yngwie Malmsteen and Kenny G.

Ultimate Portability--KB players scale down to M-Audio 49-key controller, tone generator and Galaxy Hot Spot.

Thanks Outkaster. Very cool fun thread especially during the holidays. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Everyone practiced their parts now we're looking for new material.

Found a Craigslist for a Leslie 122 for 20 bucks

Posted a Craigslist ad selling a S-90 and offered more than the asking price.

The girls keep coming up to me at gigs and asking about my Hammond drawbar settings!!

noblevibes.com

"Now you can get every synth patch ever used in musical history from the 70's through today. Our complete set includes samples from Moog Modular through the Korg Oasys and hundreds of others. Order this 3,000 CD set for $19.95. Order today and receive a free Kurzweil PC3."

:rimshot:

OT: Dave Horne buys a Health Savings Account- Lobbies for Market-Based Healthcare Reform.

OT: Misterdregs says " You know, the more I learn about this Obama guy, the more I like."

Dave Bryce: Oh, what the hell, let's debate politics and religion, preferably at the same time.

In the spirit of the season, I hope this doesn't result in my bannination, which incidentally gets my vote in the Keyboard Corner Neologism-of-the-Year contest.

Merry Christmas to all.

(Oh, boy, now with the religious thing too.)

:D

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Archived