Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM dinner!

Dave Bryce

Hi, guys -

As some of you know, we stopped doing the forum NAMM dinner because it got out of hand - the vast majority of people who attended it last time were not actually forum members, which kinda missed the point IMO.

Anyway, I'm tempted to try it again this year, this time making an effort to make sure that it ends up actually being for forum members.

I know a bunch of you are attending (mainly since I got y'all badges ;) ), so I'm curious as to what day(s) you're planning on attending, and whether we can get this going again.

NOTE: please do not post about this in any other forum. I'm not really interested in hosting a big party for all kinds of people - I'm interested in hanging out with the folks who frequent this one. :cool::thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definitely be there and would love to do the KC NAMM Dinner. 2008 was my first NAMM and I tried to coordinate the festivities with some level of success. There's a thread about that somewhere.

I am planning to be out there either Tues or Wed through Sun, so I think my schedule for dinner is flexible unless I get a super secret assignment or something.

Count me in and I look forward to seeing you guys again this year - hopefully will get to hang out some more and meet even more people.

Regards,

Eric

I have a flexible schedule, and should be able to attend on Friday, so please put me down. Thank you very much.

My pleasure - I'd really love to see it return to what it was when we first started it: a cool and casual hang with a bunch of friends with a coupla similar interests ( :D ) who don't get to see each other much. :cool:

I booked a table for 18 at Buca Di Beppo for 7:30 on 1/16/08. We can always modify it if we need to. Ya gotta love those guys...

Looking forward to it! :thu:

dB

Awesome! I have never had the opportunity to join a KC NAMM dinner at Buca (last year we had an ad hoc gathering at Todai), but I did eat at Buca with Markyboard last year.

Can't wait!

Thanks for shepherding this, dB. :thu:

Regards,

Eric

What are the dates in Jan. for the show?

Jan 15-19

You can count my wife and I in...can't wait - I was at the 2006(?) dinner, and it was off the hook loud in that room @ Buca!

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Yeah, it looks like you guys are gonna have fun. Maybe someday I'll be out there for one.

P.S. I thought the wives are put at a separate restaurant! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I have a flexible schedule, and should be able to attend on Friday, so please put me down.

Wouldn't be a forum dinner without you, brother Ken. :cool:

dB

You're far too kind. I'm totally looking forward to it, and am extremely happy that we are doing this. I love hanging out with this group. Thank you very much for organizing this!!!!!!!!

My pleasure - I'd really love to see it return to what it was when we first started it: a cool and casual hang with a bunch of friends with a coupla similar interests ( :D ) who don't get to see each other much. :cool:

I am so into that. It's really too bad we can't hang out more often. But yeah, a return to that would be perfect.

Id love to join you guys - Im attending my first NAMM show this year after drooling about the reports in Keyboard since the 80s.

Ive been quietly lurking here for a while which is why youre probably wondering who this guy is thats trying to crash the party :cool:

Jamie

You're more than welcome, Jamie!

You may find it changes your lurker status though...steadyb used to lurk only, then he came to a KC NAMM dinner one year - now he's a regular postaholic.

dB

Archived