Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

kanker hits the road again

kanker.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soooo. When are you coming to East Central Florida?
Now that's a good question. When is the best bikini to ridiculously hot chick ratio happening? ;)

Any time from March to October. Every time we play Coconuts in Cocoa Beach, I end up with a stiff neck from watching them all. :love:

Plus, the club right across the street from Coconuts, The Beach Shack, has a jam on Thursday nights. The host band that was playing when I brought Markyboard there dropped the bass player in favor of a friend of mine that brings his B3. I've got a standing invitation to play it any time.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I end up with a stiff neck
Is that what you call it? ;)

I was trying to keep it family oriented, but with scenery like THIS....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/2741082251_bf22a0cf17_o.jpg

you'd be stiff, too.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I had a surprise visitor last night

Ladies and Gentlemen, stevie b

http://kevinanker.net/fiddle.jpg

It was great to meet him and his wife in the middle of the hills of West Virginia. Great guy and a great hang

Hope to see you again in Richmond in September man! :thu:

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

K, it is fantastic that you got a chance to meet the man who makes the MAKCFH happen without a hitch. :thu:

Richmond in September sounds like a good time. :)

Mr. Nightime, it just isn't fair. Too cold up here for the clientele to dress so well. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I thought I'd consolidate what I've posted date wise and shamelessly plug some more stuff ;)

tue, aug 12th - concerts on the square, exton, pa

wed, aug 13th - turning point music cafe, piermont, ny

thu, aug 14th - hill country bbq, ny, ny

fri, aug 15th - moondog's, blawnox, pa

sat, aug 16th - wilbert's, cleveland, oh

sun, aug 17th - anthology, san diego, ca

tue, aug 19th - slippery noodle inn, indianapolis, in

thu, aug 21st - capitol federal summer concert series, wichita, ks

fri, aug 22nd - knuckleheads saloon, kansas city, mo

sat, aug 23rd - varsity blues bar and bbq, topeka, ks

sun, aug 24th - bb's jazz, blues, and soups, st. louis, mo

thu, aug 28th - the basement , nashville, tn

fri, aug 29th - rollover dover music and arts festival, dover, tn

sat, aug 30th - house of blues, dallas, tx

a few more dates with Seth in the Va./N.C. area

sun, sep 21st - capital ale house, richmond, va

wed, sep 24th - norfolk taphouse grill, norfolk, va

thu, sep 25th - arts center, carrboro, nc

and a really groovy date in the Baltimore/DC area at the Severn records 10th anniversary party, a 2pm to 2am extravaganza.

sat, sep 27th - fish head cantina, arbutus, md

Kanker Rocks!! :rimshot:

I'm back in cyber space again and I'm proud to say that Kanker kicked it up a notch in the middle of no where (Thomas) West Virginia this past Saturday night. He was playing a Nord Electro Rack via a Studio Logic Controller. Great sounds. I've read a lot about the Nord Electro acoustic piano sound not being so good, but Kanker made it shine. Cut through very well and had a pleasant bite. Of course the organ sounded great - that leslie emulation is nice.

They played Blues, Honky Tonk style bluesy rock, and some smoother Ray Charles style tunes.

Ray him self would have been proud to hear the fine piano licks.

Glad to have met another great forumite. A nice guy and a fantastic player.

As the picture shows, I was feeling pretty toasted that night after a hard day of working on a spring house on the side of a mountain and winding it down with a few brews. Thanks to Kanker and the Seth Walker Band for lifting my spirits late in the evening.

Hope the rest of the tour goes well. I'll try and catch you at the Capital Ale house in Richmond.

Hey MusicWorkz, here's all the info - http://www.hankingroup.com/events/index.html

Looks like it's 7-9 on the town square. Hope you can make it man :thu:

It looks like I will be able to make it out tomorrow evening. I'll PM you my number. I look forward to hearing and meeting you...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Hey Kanker man,

I see your playing the Turning Point Music Cafe, Piermont, NY Aug 13th, that's tomorrow! I know of that club and KKB has yet to make it there. Not far from me on LI but I can't make it, I would have loved to come down. I'm in Hensonville, NY this weekend with KKB, not far from Hunter Mountain.

Happy Trails to you!

Cheers,

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Hey stevie b! The trip is going great. I just hung with MusicWorkz and his fiancee a few hours ago. Wonderful people. Hopefully they can hook me up with the pic they took. Fortunately the OH to CA bit is in the air ;) The down side is our gig in Cleveland is over at midnight, and our flight is at 6am...

Kanker, it was great meeting you and hearing you tear up the ivories for sure :thu:. WELL worth the trip out to Exton.

And I have the pic for you, too, just need your email addy so I can send it to you...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I see the "Hill Country BBQ" in NY gig is tomorrow night. I'm very interested in what these Texans you're touring with think of the BBQ there, being a native NYer but having lived in TX for the past 15 years myself.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I see the "Hill Country BBQ" in NY gig is tomorrow night. I'm very interested in what these Texans you're touring with think of the BBQ there, being a native NYer but having lived in TX for the past 15 years myself.
I too am very interested. Skeptical may be a better word? Where the hell do you put your smoker in Manhattan? Liquid smoke better not come anywhere near my food...

Texans don't know what BBQ is. They think you make it from beef. You can put barbecue sauce on beef but that doesn't make it BBQ. True BBQ can only be made from pork.

Texans don't know what BBQ is. They think you make it from beef. You can put barbecue sauce on beef but that doesn't make it BBQ. True BBQ can only be made from pork.

*cough*

Nice try, but I ain't takin' the bait. It's all different, and done right, it's all good. :thu:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'd love to see a topic called "Kanker roars the hits again"
Me singing, roaring, or in any other way vocally performing music is the LAST thing anyone wants to read about, much less hear ;)

'taint nuthin' wrong with BBQ like this, son.

*I had to wait until we posted the real site to write this reply. :)

A little bump for the Missouri and Kansas folk

thu, aug 21st - capitol federal summer concert series, wichita, ks

fri, aug 22nd - knuckleheads saloon, kansas city, mo

sat, aug 23rd - varsity blues bar and bbq, topeka, ks

sun, aug 24th - bb's jazz, blues, and soups, st. louis, mo

It's August 29th and I understand Kanker and his orchestra will be playing for our dining and dancing pleasure at about 7:30 p.m. at the Dallas House of Blues. Let's all of us in the area show up! I plan on it, and I hear the Joe Muscara party will be in attendance as well. See you Saturday night, Kanker, my man.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

We are in Dallas right now. Just finished the Sixth Floor Museum, and walking around Market St. on the West End. Hope to see some of y'all soon, and if anyone wants to hook up before then, ping me here.

Archived