Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD700GX out of tune

delirium

I'm wondering if a mid range component in the eon can be upgraded

to improve the detail ?

Nope. Those are 2 way speakers, hence the lame mid range detail. The only way to fix that is to go to a 3 way system with a dedicated midrange driver.

Moe

---

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but I just bought my second eon!

they are powerful. Relatively light weight

I have a pair of ev 3 way that weigh in at 85 lbs a piece

Darn it all.

Can you think of a compromise that improves my sonic odds?

Apologies to Mr Delirium

The difference between what the most and the least learned people know is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown

OK, sorry delirium, (but it keeps your thread at the top...)

A separate thread for this would be better (but there have been plenty), so check accugroove.com. Unless others can point you to better 3 way cabinets, I believe these are best for the money. 12" with 6.5" mid and tweeters - 38 lbs.

Returning the thread to the topic at hand.

My two cents on the out of tune GX - I couldn't tell in the store, but it may be a digital artifact related to the hammer noise, as someone else mentioned, or resonance interference. That type of flaw is likely. An out of tune sample, not so much.

We need a side by side shootout between the Acoustic Images and the AccuGrooves

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Besides the Accugrooves, what are the other 3 way speakers out there?

I've been using an Electro Voice S15-3 cabinet for the past 20+ years. Too bad they no longer make these things. I've seen them reasonably priced on E-Bay from time to time. Here's a link to a picture:

http://www.broadway-music.com/catg/CON311000045366.html

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Speakers make a huge difference when amplifying a Roland digital piano sound. JBL EON10s are not very good speakers for piano.

Of these two sentences I would say that the first is an absolute fact, and of the second, I have found exactly the same. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Powered speakers. I bought a pair of JBL PRX515's recently, and they are sooooo nice. They are a little big, but not heavy. Then again, I've always been willing to schlep whatever it took to get the best sound. I believe I paid $1700 for the pair.

On smaller gigs, I run just the balanced left out of the RD-700GX straight into the JBL. It sounds great.

Been playing again in GC on GX700GX and still is out of tune and tones are not even although I was sober today. I could not use such piano. Speakers have nothing to do in this case. S90ES will stay longer with me then I thought.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Re: Powered speakers. I bought a pair of JBL PRX515's recently, and they are sooooo nice. They are a little big, but not heavy. Then again, I've always been willing to schlep whatever it took to sound great. I believe I paid $1700 for the pair.

On smaller gigs, I run just the balanced left out of the RD-700GX straight into the JBL. It sounds great.

I'll bet those PRX515's ARE nice! I'd love to try a pair of 'em. But at 57 lbs, they're too heavy for me. Perhaps the PRX512 might be more my style, but still a little on the heavy side, 40 lbs. I'll bet they sound good though.

I'm been using a pair of Eon 10's for the last 8 or so years, first the original ones, then the G2's. While not great, they are pretty darn good, and better for piano than any keyboard amp I've tried, and I've tried quite a few. Especially when using two of them. And they are so easy to schlep, weighing only 23 lbs each. I've gotten mostly compliments from people about the sound.

That being said, after 7 or 8 years, I yearn for something new (7-year ich!). But that will have to wait, I've got other fish to fry.

Moe aka mate stubb

I have eon g2 15's

The pxr 15's weigh about 11 lbs more

and 5 inches higher

Is the sonic difference something worth trying out?

Does this presumed superiority ( I have never heard eon described as "magnificent" ) translate to a better playability on stage???

Thanks

The difference between what the most and the least learned people know is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown

Archived