Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord at Messe 08

ferran rc

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno. The reverse color keys on a synth would be a bit odd.... Could it be the Nord Electro Lead. A hybrid VA + Organ without the Piano section? Five octaves with aftertouch?

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

I think this is a really difficult one to predict. Looking at the current Clavia line up it's tricky to spot where the gaps are.

My guess is that it'll be a new Electro but that's purely based on the fact that it's the oldest model in the current line up.

Could also be a rack module - Wave or Stage rack maybe?

The Clavia website say there'll be 'a minor update' on the website on the Thursday during the show.

It's a big red accordion with 13 rows of continuous controllers for the left hand!

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

Quote by Kanker:

"It's the new Nord Chord, a chord organ emulator complete with a modeled rhythm box. This will be a hit with the Lawrence Welk crowd."

:D

Aren't most of them pushin' daisies already??

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I'm guessing:

Update for Nord Stage with new "mono mode". (very educated guess)

Single manual C1 (wild and uneducated guess)

Release of the Nord Wave if is not already out.

Totally off the wall: Dual manual Nord Stage with the top manual having waterfall keys. MSRP around $4200

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Nope, they're pushing poppies and lupines... I drove past the Lawrence Welk memorial Sunday on the way back to San Diego airport, and hills are ablaze with orange and purple, but I was, uh, afraid I might miss my flight if I took the time to visit the Welk Museum (or whatever they call it) :-).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Totally off the wall: Dual manual Nord Stage with the top manual having waterfall keys. MSRP around $4200

Top manual like the Electro, bottom manual piano-weighted like the Stage. This would be amazing (except for the price).

Here for the gear.

From www.clavia.se:

But will there be any news, I hear you scream?! Well, you'll have to wait a bit. Some time during the trade show Thursday, we expect a minor update on this website....

Well, despite the promises, no update on the web site yet. Anyone heard what this is?

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Archived