Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:idea:

Is someone going to set up the pick-em pool for this year?

I'll do it if no one else wants to. I can also set up the survivor pool as well. If anyone else wants to do this, please say so. It would also be nice to know if we want to use the point spread in the pick-em pool or not.

Thanks for setting it up SDS. :thu:

The point spread is fine.

I'm shooting for at least ONE perfect week in pick-em and no 5-11s. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Halftime Post

9-for-15 for 117 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. Good start for Aaron Rodgers tonight, not just his performance but also for fan support -- a standing ovation when Rodgers took the field. Packers fans may love Brett Favre, but they love the Packers even more.

Agreed - he showed encouraging poise in his preseasion debut as the unquestioned starter. Having two rookies behind him in the depth chart has got to be a worry, though.

I missed the 2nd half, I must admit. I was mainly interested in watching Rodgers and Ocho Cinco.

LOVE, love, LoVe the Titans new offense in the pre-season debut! Chris Johnson future R.O.Y. ! ! !

*w/ spread*

I would be very excited if I was you. I can't remember the last time I saw a team physically dominate another one like that. IMO the Titans were the most impressive team I saw thus far but I must caution you (being a Raider fan we are painfully aware of this) that its only preseason.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

LOVE, love, LoVe the Titans new offense in the pre-season debut! Chris Johnson future R.O.Y. ! ! !

*w/ spread*

I would be very excited if I was you. I can't remember the last time I saw a team physically dominate another one like that. IMO the Titans were the most impressive team I saw thus far but I must caution you (being a Raider fan we are painfully aware of this) that its only preseason.

Yes, thanks for the warning. I am aware to keep watch of my emotions. I just had this picture in my head of what we *could* look like, and the actual performance exceeded my dream. Im happy for now, cautious and realistic for the reg-season. :)

**Oh, and those Raiders look like an all-star team in the backfield!! Bush, Fargus, D-MC.. Man oh man!

TROLL . . . ish.

While I try and not put too much into preseason, the Titans made a believer out of me. I have seen teams look good and bad in preseason and been wrong, but I can't remember when I have seen a team look so physically dominating. They absolutely manhandled the Rams. In my eyes this wasn't about coaching or talent, it was about imposing your will on another. If what I saw is any indication, the Titans are going to run the ball very effectively this year and try to physically dominate the other team.

- Rush

Thanks for the vote of confidence Silver. Now if Only VY can demonstrate a stride or two toward improvement this season. I could sleep easier.

As it stands though, Im so glad to see us back under the old OC Hiemerdinger, who's from McNairs former glory days in TN. I'm hoping the addition of Crumpler gives the passing game some of what it needs too. A healthy Crump really could give Jeff Fisher a shade of the old Frank Whycheck style of offense. So far so good though. And yes the defense looks like it could stop a battleship(in pre-season). It just may have too, what with a surging Jags team, and the high flying and reliable Colts offense looming.

Here's to a non-Madden Titans year!

TROLL . . . ish.

Gov, you may know this already, but over at NFL.com they have highlights of all the pre-season games in there video section. Just dial up your fav team, and click on the game/player highlights you want.

I'm finding it to be a great way to check out some of the college players drafted this year, like Joe Flacco w/ Baltimore, Matt Ryan w/ the Falcant's, Jonathan Stewart(pending), Felix Jones w/ Dallas :o:eek:, and of course Run-DMC out in Oakland, who's bound to be a fav around here all season long and then some. Then there's stuff like the amazing Jared Lorenzen's Steve Young-like highlights from the Colts/Panthers game, and of course the Baltimore QB battle and so on. Good stuff! :thu:

NFL.com Team video page

TROLL . . . ish.

It's interesting you mentioned Vince Young, because, like you, I believe Vince Young will be the thing that hold them back if they don't succeed. I guess you also have to factor in injuries as well. If Vince can just manage the team, I think the Titans could be a serious contender for the Big Enchilada this year.

- Rush

A couple of National pre-season games of note, both games on FOX:

Tonight- 8:00pm - 11:00pm

NFL Football : "Exhibition: Panthers at Eagles"

Friday Night- 8:00pm - 11:00pm

NFL Football : "Exhibition: Raiders at Titans" **

**Raiders fans, this game was moved up by the NFL from Sat night to Friday night- 8pm EST. Check your local listings!

TROLL . . . ish.

I set up the Pickem and survivor pool. They are on yahoo and you'll need to get a Yahoo ID if you don't have one. It's pretty easy and painless. Anyways go into the yahoo sports fantasy section and look up the following groups respectively.

Football Pickem:

Group ID#: 20585

Password: touchdown

Football Survivor Pool:

Group ID#: 4518

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Rush

I set up the Pickem and survivor pool. They are on yahoo and you'll need to get a Yahoo ID if you don't have one. It's pretty easy and painless. Anyways go into the yahoo sports fantasy section and look up the following groups respectively.

Football Pickem:

Football Survivor Pool:

Thanks, Silver Dragon Sound! :thu:

Follow these links to register:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Brett Favre completed a pass to Bubba Franks tonight. Same old, same old, right? Except they're both playing for the New York Jets now.

Last year at this time whodathunkit? :freak:

In his Jets debut, Favre completed five of his six passes for 48 yards and a touchdown. More here:

So Favre, so good

Best,

Geoff

I know it's just preseason, but Governor Silver has got to be happy about his team's showing against the 'boys (currently 31-17 at the two minute warning).

And tonight was Denver's turn to hand it to the 'boys, 23-13.

Jay Cutler passed for 178 yards and one touchdown in another stellar preseason performance.

As for Rodgers and the Packers, the 49ers stuffed them 34-6, with Aaron getting sacked four times.

And Chad Pennington was 5-for-6 passing for 55 yards for the Dolphins tonight while leading them to a 19-14 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Sound familiar?

In his Jets debut, Favre completed five of his six passes for 48 yards and a touchdown.

In other words, same completion percentage, more yards for Chad, more touchdowns for Brett.

Best,

Geoff

Watching the games last night, I watched a few of them I took the following away: Favre is still Favre; Jim Zorn is a good fit for Jason Campbell and will help him immensly, The Chiefs need to run the ball to be able to set up the pass, The Cardinals have more depth than I can remember them ever having, the Chargers defense is outstanding and unless something drastic happens it's going to be a long year for the Rams.

- Rush

Football Pickem:

Football Survivor Pool:

Thanks, Silver Dragon Sound! :thu:

Follow these links to register:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Best,