Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Led Zeppelin in a few hours....

Tonysounds

As London is 6 hours ahead of Central time, its only a few hours til the Zep reunion. Am very interested to see how many clips hit the news tonite.

An '08 tour seems unlikely as Plant has already started booking a tour with Allison Krauss and will be working on an album with TboneBurnett....but one never knows.

T

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they will be hitting the stage in a couple of hours. I just don't see how Plant is going to hit any high notes, because he couldn't do it 20 years ago so I await the reports with trepidation. He's the weak link in this.

John

No more so than Page.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I think Pages recent inability to hit notes as high as he has in the past (thank you aging process) has caused some friction because I understand Mr Page is not happy about having to change the key on some of the songs.
"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know" by Me

Huh??

Maybe you mean Plant's inability to hit the high notes (and the Song REALLY DOES Remain the Same in that regard) causing friction. Page does have the Transposing LesPaul *(has preset buttons on the body that automatically tunes the guitar to presets).

T

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'm pretty sure we're involved with that production today, as several people were complaining that the connection wasn't enough to get them into the gig :-).

I'll quiz a few people around here about it later. If so, one of them might at least have some interesting back stage stories to tell :-).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I didn't realize Jimmy's hair had gone white.

I wonder if we'll ever be able to hear anything from this show. Pics are cool and all (and thanks for the link), but I know we all want to know how it sounded.

Edit: Thanks for the link, Phil!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That clip sounded GOOD. Nice to see them at apparently full form. And, there seemed to be a camera crew filming, so hopefully we'll see an official release at some point too...

There are other clips on YouTube, don't know how good they are yet.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The review currently running on the front page of CNN.com is VERY positive -- glowing, in fact. And it specifically credits Plant with being able to hit the notes, thus dispelling the rumors that his voice is shot. Based on my listen to that Kashmir clip on Youtube, I'd say the truth lies somewhere between. (Perhaps the reviewers are gushing in the hopes that positive reviews spur a full-blown tour?)

Noah

Archived