Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

66,979 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
  1. TDM & VST

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
  2. Mac/533

• 0 replies
  3. Thanks...Synthgod!

• 0 replies
  4. Nemesys and Firewire

• 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3.7k views
    • 6 replies
  5. Hey SynthGod!!!....

• 0 replies
  6. SOFTSYNTHS

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  7. Honky Tonk piano sound?

• 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. Distortion

• 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. Keyboard Wall-mount?

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
  10. String Arrangement

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  11. M.C. Elton John

• 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 3 replies
  12. Roll yer own!

• 11 replies
  13. Digitar

• 0 replies
  14. Jazz Piano

• 5 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• A 1TB Thunderbolt external is super fast, and can be bus-powered and compact, you could probably velcro it to the lid of the macbook. I'm not saying internal isn't nice, but so is saving hundred$, that's the choice.
    • It's not perfect, but I'm figuring that, in general, a note that is played softly will also be released softly (i.e. should not have a loud release noise), whereas a note that is struck at high velocity is very likely to correspond with a release that should have a louder release noise (for those sounds that use velocity based release sounds, e.g. Rhodes). 
    • New news:  Niners have reportedly jerked both Deebo and Aiyuk around during the draft beyond any respect for them as human beings.    Both players are pissed and not taking it lying down.   Look for the Niners to go the way of the San Francisco Giants due to GM mismanagement.        The Mad Dog called for Giant's incompetent Farhan Farhad Zaidi to be fired earlier this week on the Giant's owned station which is rippling through the powers that be.   
    • Yup, the MIDI exports from these arranger boards are excellent for studying grooves of different genres. They also serve as catalysts for musical ideas. I often take a style and replace some of its tracks with my own sequence, it's a lot of fun.
    • The frog layer is fun, it reminds me of Charlie Puth sampling random sounds around the house and using them in his arrangements:    
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries