Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Key Stand Pro 360 -- anyone seen this before?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's novel. Best feature to me is ability to set up the keyboard at an angle, all the way to 90 degrees, so the audience can better see the keyboard playing. But the videos on Facebook suggest the ability to rotate the keyboard is limited by the various wires. I didn't see any videos in which keyboards were spun 360 degrees around. More like just 30ish degrees to the right and left.

That's different...can't help but think it reminds me of a hydraulic pump or something almost. :laugh:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Interesting with the two way tilt and spin features. Those 3 bottom legs though...They look sooo tiny and out of place compared to the rest of the stand. It could look a lot better than it does. (Probably trying to keep the cost down.)

What a ridiculous stand! You wouldn't want to put too much effort at the low or high end, I could see that keyboard tilting and bouncing all over :D

It's pretty fugly too, imo of course, beauty is in..... etc

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

What a ridiculous stand! You wouldn't want to put too much effort at the low or high end, I could see that keyboard tilting and bouncing all over :D

It's pretty fugly too, imo of course, beauty is in..... etc

Yep agreed - that is easily the most ugly stand I've seen but I can see it fitting in some contexts.

Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that a video from the manufacturer of a band playing their gear only shows the stand from a distance a small number of times?

I think that keyboard player in the OP is a bit of a blockhead.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Don't get me wrong. This is not the stand for me. But I like the hydraulics and customizability as a concept, and in general have an obsession with keyboard stands, since I've gone through probably 10 of them and never found what I would consider the perfect one.

I can see this being a permanent installment for a houseband situation. I couldn't imagine gigging with it, or even using it for a home set-up.

I have some serious questions about the physics of this. And the aesthetics are shall we say 'polarizing.' But it's fun to see a new product/approach slip over the transom, particularly since it seems to have slipped by our pretty well-attuned radar.

I do note the irony of the company claiming they are made for "keyboarders." You sure about that...?

I shot that player a question or two, but haven't heard back.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Rather than using the rotation effect for dramatic solo visuals, I think it might be cool in some funk R&B situations, i.e. Morris Day & the Time, I could see the keyboard rotating, doing those cool side to side moves along with the band

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

I can't use this. I play standing up. I need it to go higher than their maximum height. For the EFK-360 model, the tallest one, it says maximum height is 94 cm = 37 inches. I'm 6 feet. I need it to go to 40 inches at least, preferably higher. I use a Gator Frameworks table stand and a compact Stay stand that both go to 44 inches.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Side note:

"Dre Synth" in the video above is a really cool guy. He's from the Dallas area. He's involved with a few projects, including the dance band you see in the video. He's an extremely gifted musician, and is always busy.

He uses the stand for fun and showmanship of the dance band. He doesn't always use it. He has some awesome Z-stands etc.. as well.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Lawrence Gowan has used something similar for years in Styx. It"s pretty cool. His is really over engineered. He can stand on top of his and sing.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I think that keyboard player in the OP is a bit of a blockhead.

...and why is he set up on a miniature golf course? :D

He's not really playing, he's just puttering around.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI