Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Moog Mitochondrial Family Tree

I was just thinking about the Grandmother, Mother, and the Matriarch.

How many female relatives does Moog have left? Aunt, Great-aunt, Sister, Daughter, Niece? Do they have to be blood-related, or can we have Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law? Will they go with anachronisms, like Matron or Maiden or Old Maid? Or will they move into darker territory, e.g., Floozie, Strumpet, Madam(e)? What will the fully polygamous polyphonic synth names be? And when will we males get equal consideration? It took us decades to get them to include us in hurricane names, you know.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest the Modern Composer line, especially for instruments that would allow per-note tuning: The Partch, the Slonimsky, the Zappalin, the Raymond Scottilizer, the Nancarrow sequencer, etc. Reaching hard, here... :/

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

On a slightly more serious note, I do find these names confusing with regard to understanding which synth anyone is talking about. If they update the Moog One, will it be the Moog Two? The Moog One-A? What will a polyphonic matriarch be called, Their Majesties?

On a slightly more serious note, I do find these names confusing with regard to understanding which synth anyone is talking about. If they update the Moog One, will it be the Moog Two? The Moog One-A? What will a polyphonic matriarch be called, Their Majesties?

They'll follow on from Microsoft, Moog One, Moog 360, Moog ONE, Moog One Series 1.

Just did a quick search to see what trademarks Moog has applied for lately. They have new trademark applications, filed 2019 or later, for ROGUE and SONIC SIX. Dunno if it's just to stop the big B from using those names or if there's actual remakes of those products underway.

We know that Rogue and Sonic Six existed long before 2019.

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/moog-music-inc-2452595/page2