Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Teaser ???

M_G

We will see..... Tomorrow will be the next teaser out (Pianos etc.) I was told......

(I hate teasers btw,......)

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Only to your information, what you hear. The Leslie is not the internal Leslie simulation.

It is the prototype of the new Leslie 142. Hammond needs still the big Leslie boxes.

It is clear. It is additional turnover.

Thomas55

Hammond B3, Leslie 122RV, Viscount Legend JDF, Viscount Legend Live, Viscount Legend Solo, Prophet 6, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Minitaur, Kurzweil SP6, Grand Piano, Hohner Accordeon, etc.

You"ve tried to post a file from your computer. Need to post a link!

Link here courtesy of organ forum.com: https://organforum.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=752577

Initial observations:

⢠Features the organ engine from the XK-5.

⢠Multi key contact system, similar to XK-5(?)

⢠61 and 73 note version, no dual manual at this time.

⢠Pitch and mod wheels confirmed

⢠VA mono synth, 2 x keys sections, organ

â¢4 above parts can be played at once, and possibly split into 3 zones based on info on page 1?

⢠Internal power supply!

⢠Non-touch screen

⢠New Concert Grand piano sample, updated HD samples for keys section. Each sample can be fully edited and each of the four individual parts can have up to two effects plus overdrive and EQ active at once.

⢠Doesn"t look like there are any real time effects controls.

⢠It"s green.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Heres some info on it.

file:///Users/danielcasdorph/Downloads/Hammond%20SK%20pro-1.pdf

Sorry it didn't post as a link. You will need to copy/paste it. Anybody know how to fix it?

That"s a link to a local file on someone"s computer. But would love to peruse the SK Pro manual.

Yes indeedy ... so 4 separate sections all available at once. Why a mono modelled analogue synth? Maybe tube modelling and the organ engine needs a lot of power.

Looks like it is just upper/ lower split but with layers. 3 way split would be super.

Phew that"s a lot of features to parse.

If that brochure on organforums is legit, this is a pretty cool board:

- 73 key option

- Internal power supply

- Pitch and mod wheels

- Expression pedal

Key unknowns are split capabilities, and the ability to act as a MIDI slave, over a hammer-action MIDI controller. The MIDI master capabilities should be pretty strong, based on the SK heritage.

Cheers, Mike.

XK5 organ engine is a welcome surprise! Also, assignable outs, internal power supply. And "newly developed Virtual Multi-Contact system".

61 = 20.5 lbs

73 = 24.25 lbs

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

61 or 73 keys, Xk5 engine, XK5 keybed, new digital leslie sim, new acoustic piano, 21 and 26 pounds. Am I reading this correctly? If the price is right this will be a home run.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

61 or 73 keys, Xk5 engine, XK5 keybed, new digital leslie sim, new acoustic piano, 21 and 26 pounds. Am I reading this correctly? If the price is right this will be a home run.

When I read the specs I did think to myself 'this might please Delaware Dave...' ð

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

I guess if the "high definition digital voices" are good, you wouldn't really need a polyphonic synth.

Maybe they just decided to give us an amazing Analog modeled one...

Either way, I'm in the market for something to use in conjunction with the Electro, and this would save me having to drag the laptop, controller, etc...

Maybe even leave the Electro home!

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

When I read the specs I did think to myself 'this might please Delaware Dave...' ð

I'm sure that the price will burst my bubble......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

It's unclear as to whether they are using the XK5 keybed, but they are employing a virtual multi-contact system.The XK5 has 3 actual contacts, and simulates more. It would be nice if the SK Pro did the same, but too soon to know...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Oh, and while it's not C-to-C as I'd have preferred for an organ, at least the 73 goes to the low E!

You"ve posted a file. Need to post a link.

Link here: https://organforum.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=752577

Initial key thoughts:

-Features the organ engine from the XK-5 engine. Good!

-Multi contact system, similar to XK-5

-61 and 73 note version, no dual manual

-VA mono synth, 2 x keys sections, organ

-4 parts can be played at once, possibly split into 3 zones based on info on page 1?

-Internal power supply

-Non-touch screen

-New Concert Grand piano sample, updated HD samples from keys section. each sample can be edited and have up to two effects plus overdrive and EQ each

-Doesn"t look like there are any real time effects controls

Well, damn... [starts looking around for stuff to sell]

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

It sounds like he's playing Defender.

0102.png

Completely and totally off-topic, but when I was a youngster I watched someone going for the world record at Defender. He had been playing for hours, basically you had to fly at top speed all the time and never miss or you were done once you were up in the higher levels...it was mind-blowing to watch.

I just purchased B-3x for ipad for sale, but still interested to see what this is. I'd prefer a module, but considering I already have an ipad and can plug it right into either my modx or moxf8 it's a no-brainer to at least give this a try for the money.

Edit: I should have read more before posting! Well, I just sold my Electro 6 prior to Covid wiping out all my gigs, in preparation to get the Stage 3 Compact. I'm not sure this is a replacement more for the electro or the Stage, but certainly I'll consider it when/if the time comes to get back out there.

So many good things on paper, but the lack of real time and effect controls via front panel put me a little off. All in all nice adition to the stage keyboard/clonewheel race and I'd love to hear and know more about it!

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Anyone know what they mean by 'Assignable Outs"? I know the usual definition, but I hope they're going to include the option of assigning organ L&R to Leslie Low & High.

Y'know... like a real Leslie.

I personally really don't like the L/R output assignment of every organ clone on the market - Ventilators included. Makes every single one of them sound fake to me, regardless of how good their sound engine is.

JMHO...

I hope they're going to include the option of assigning organ L&R to Leslie Low & High.

That's an unusual one, but I agree, it's useful. I think VB3 has it.

Anyone know what they mean by 'Assignable Outs"? I know the usual definition, but I hope they're going to include the option of assigning organ L&R to Leslie Low & High.

Y'know... like a real Leslie.

I personally really don't like the L/R output assignment of every organ clone on the market - Ventilators included. Makes every single one of them sound fake to me, regardless of how good their sound engine is.

JMHO...

Would agree with this for dedicated clones as an option. The issue probably becomes that most people who play in stereo do this to get a left right split, your requirement would then require you to stack the speakers which is fine if the only thing thing you are playing is organ, but if you are also playing other instruments then you lose the left right stereo effect when playing those instruments. But would agree that the 'option' should be there none the less and let the user figure out the configuration they want when playing.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Unfortunate about the mono limitation... even 4 (preferably 6) note poly with a mono switch would have been welcome.

Here"s my guess - their budgeted CPU can"t handle their VA synth engine with additional polyphony.

For comparison, Nord Stage 3 has a 16 voice poly synth which is basically most of a Lead 2. So, probably additional DSP in the Nords.

XKPro will have to be priced under a Stage 3.

1720.thumb.jpg.a65fa69e2e40a6d6ec13002861d93d17.jpg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Very happy to have been wrong about this. Looks like H-S decided to throw everything at it. I can see the price point will be Nord Stage territory though. There's an auxiliary input, yay. The effects look to be straight out of the SK1/2/X, so 2 multi effects blocks to send your various voices through. The 'harpsi' button is a head scratcher given the shortage of panel real estate, I'd have gone for 'tine' and 'reed'. Just waiting for them to release the video of Jim putting it through its paces. Need to hear a much better demo of that mono synth.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals