Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DO YOU HAVE/HAD ANY FAMOUS AUTOGRAPHS / GUITAR PICS?

BiC

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

My grandmother had a pair of Ted Williams underware.

A friend of mine (who specializes in brokering deals on Elvis memorabilia) has a framed pair of the King's BVDs hanging over the throne in his bathroom. :thu:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...

A personalized note from John Jorgenson from a NAMM show I could not attend a few years ago...A guitar pick used by Ricky Skaggs...autographs? None, really, but a few hand written notes from several members of the Texas Playboys...

So What ARE We Gonna Do With 8 Tracks...Fire the Arranger?

Originally posted by BiC:

Speaking of working with artists- those of you familiar with Christian music, I've worked with the following artists as stage hand/security:

:thu:

I've done stagehand work with Amy Grant, Michael W Smith, DC Talk, Garry Chapman, the Gathiers, Aquire the Fire, and a bunch of others, I've mixed monitors for the Boys Choir of Harlem, Shared a great evening jaming in a hotel room in New York City when I was out with Roberta Flack, when the Mighty Clouds of Joy were staying in the same hotel on the same floor with us and the guys from Peybo Bryson and Angela Bofil.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I kinda collect famous pics with autographs as a hobby. I have a Muhammad Ali sign black and white photo(BIG) when he kicked Sonny Listons ass, I also have Sting and Van Halen(old school), Jimmy Buffet, Robert Dinero(Godfather), James Brown(In person), SRV(paid through the nose), and some others.

Originally posted by Tedster:

BiC...what movie is that avatar from? I just saw it, can't remember...remember George Carlin as the Bishop. Whatever movie it's from escapes me now...

I don't know, Ted??? I believe Guitar Geezer recommended it for me. Maybe he knows?

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by Tedster:

BiC...what movie is that avatar from? I just saw it, can't remember...remember George Carlin as the Bishop. Whatever movie it's from escapes me now...

I don't know, Ted??? I believe Guitar Geezer recommended it for me. Maybe he knows?
I belive that was the hilarious, dark comedy "Dogma". If memory serves me correctly, God was played by Alanis Morissette in that film. See how it all ties back to music!

Speaking of working with artists- those of you familiar with Christian music, I've worked with the following artists as stage hand/security:

- Third Day

- Big Tent Revival

- Clay Cross

- Jaci Valesquez

- Newsboys

Peace :thu:

I ran sound for

1. Sixpence None the Richer

2. The Choir

3. Vigilantes of Love

4. Circle of Dust

5. Caedmon's Call

6. Jennifer Knapp

7. Big Tent Revival

8. Waterdeep

9. Dig Hayzoose

10. Fold Zandura

11. Hoi Polloi

12. Johnny Q. Public

...and whole load of other just fantastically talented people who I don't recall.

And for autographed picks, I have a Glenn Kaiser, the guy from Whitecross/King James, and a yellow pick from Sun Studios with the Sun logo on it that a friend brought back from Nashville for me. But my prize is a small piece of wire from an ancient tweed Twin that belonged to a guy I know. The amp had Leo Fender's name written inside of it, and I don't know if he built it or not, but it's close enough for me.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by A String:

I'm sorry to pirate this thread, I will return it in a few seconds...

While poking around websites about "Dogma", I came across this:

Buddy Christ Dashboard Figure

Thought you might want to have a look! ;)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

Thanx! I was checking those out earlier.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by billster:

I have a bunch of cancelled checks with my signature on them. :P

Better than the ones I have with somebody else's signature and this Refused for Insufficient Funds stamp on them!

I mentioned before that I have Hoyt Axton's LP Custom (not that I knew who he was when I bought it)

Les Paul autographed the pickguard on my '72 goldtop.

Can't say many people drop by my way too often and I'm a shut-in, hermit, cave dweller so there's little chance of contaminating the masses with my presence.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by wietse:

for 1 euro a piece a good find.

YEEEP! That's about what they're worth! ;)

:D:thu::D

I used to work at the local Hilton and I've seen a lot of live shows, so I've gotten to meet many celebs, but I'm not really an autograph collector. However, I do have a few: I had Max Weinberg sign my copy of a book he wrote on his drumming influences called "The Big Beat"; I caught a pick at the last Buddy Guy show I went to; I've had the Paladins and Little Charlie and the Nightcats sign CDs I bought at their shows; I spent a half hour talking to Bryan Adams about leather jackets (not an autograph story, and I'm not a fan of his music, but he was such an incredibly nice guy); and I once went backstage to meet Los Lobos, who not only signed a CD and a hat, they offered me a beer. What was great about meeting some of the famous people I've run across is discovering how many of them were truly terrific, down-to-earth people (I've run into jerks too, but I try not to think about them).

It`s not my thing really, but I do have an autograph from the guitarist (one of two I think)

of a German band called Silent Force

anyone know about these guys?

I don`t know their music but this guy played like a maniac, heard him at a music fair. Very nice person too.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Somewhere in a box in my basement, there's a old Ticketron envelope autographed after a Weather Report concert by Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, and Jaco Pastorius.

I have a few autographed albums but the coolest is a Robert Rauschenberg edition of Talking Heads' "Speaking In Tongues". The band had never seen a copy of it it before signing my copy.

Originally posted by bpark@prorec.com:

"Gotta love the lineupfor that show "

That actually is one of the things that irritates me today. I could turn on the radio and hear Santana, with Judy Collins, Bowie, The Turtles, Hendrix, Miles Davis, and Cream all on the same radio station in the same hour... Bill

Of course, that was also the era when DJs were openly smoking dope on the air. There may have been a correlation...

I remember and miss those days as well. Closest we get is the University of Maine station, WMPG (an NPR affiliate) which has various shows devoted to various genres. Not too much genre-blending within a show, though.

Okay, this is kinda weird, but I was once married to an English girl who grew up in London. Her older cousin worked in a hotel and got her a piece of paper with ALL FOUR of The Beatles autographs on it. SHE LOST IT IN A MOVE!!!!

Man, we split up eventually but that's about enough to do it right there. :eek:

I have some good shots of Chuck Berry from '87 when he played Detroit's Hart Plaza for the old Grand Prix we used to run. And my oldest daughter's boyfriend(at the time)worked moving gear around at Chene Park and copped me an autograph from B. B. King.

Unfortunately, I haven't the means to post them.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Les Paul signed the pickguard on my Les Paul. I met him through one of his friends who was an engineer at a studio I worked at. I got to hang out with Les when he came to the studio once for a party. I gave him a tour of the studio and man he asked me all kinds of technical questions! I also went to his birthday party at the Iridium one year and Jeff Beck, Al Dimeola and Bucky Pizzerelli were there. I was wearing a suit and somebody asked me for my autograph. The woman though I was Eric Clapton I think, I look a little bit like him I guess. Maybe I shoulda just signed one for her!

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

So now we've morphed into photos, eh?

I mentioned the Garth Brooks photo already.

You remember this one, right guys and gals?

http://members.aol.com/dandee/MeGene.jpg

I had Opry star, Mike Snider, snap a pic of me with Chet Atkins backstage at the Opry. One with Charlie Collins who played guitar in Roy Acuff's band for many years. I know I have others, but can't... remember... (Brain freeze. :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I've had the good fortune to meet a lot of players. My favorite is Lauwrence Juber (autographed cd's) and easy to talk with. A couple of years ago got autographs and photo taken with Billy and Cal (Jr) Ripkin. Spent about an hour taling baseball one on one with Billy and about 10 minutes with Cal Jr. I will never foreget it. Class like you may not see again.

Archived