Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Beat ...

MidLifeCrisis

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WooHoo Steve :wave: Mr Xtreme Rock ,now Mr. Xtreme Country. Congratulations on this monumental event in the history of KC.

I always enjoy your post ,tips,advice and overall attitude about everything.

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Garrafon to 1000 posts!

How anticlimatic...

ARGGGGH!!! :mad: How could this happen? :confused: My life's dream shattered with the click of a mouse. And, as if the sheer agony of my defeat was not enough, I was beaten by a guy from Florida!!! How embarassing!?!?! :o I am feeling rather sheepish :D

Ugh, I shall go hide under a rock and never show my face again for there is nothing left to live for....goodbye cruel world :(

And on that note....congrats Steve! :thu: It's been fun. Last one to 2000 is a rotten egg....

Oh...and for your consolation prize....a year's supply of sheep ticks. Here you go...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Adult_deer_tick.jpg/200px-Adult_deer_tick.jpg

Originally posted by garrafon:

I was beaten by a guy from Florida!!! How embarassing!?!?! And on that note....congrats Steve! :thu: It's been fun. Last one to 2000 is a rotten egg....

I am oroginally from Boston so this is just another event in the long line of recent Boston over NY dominance (re: Red Sox vs. Yankees). :D

It only took me 3 years to get to 1000. At this rate, aging taken into account, I will be feeble by the time I reach 2000.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Congratulations! :thu:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

This post is #190 for me, but I've only been posting here since January 2006, and I've offered very little useful information (perhaps none) since. I'm more of a taker than a giver. I'm probably going to hell. :)

Anyway, at this rate I'll hit 1000 posts in 30 more months.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Man, I'm feeling old (in cyber years :) ).... most of the guys who were here in the beginning have since vanished.

Anyways, keep posting away, the community is only as strong as we make it! (I keep promising to be more active, time's never on my side...)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

good work midlife, but we all have a long way to go to catch Is there gas. It would take me 10 years to get that many posts.

Hey Tom

:wave:

Bluesjam tonight, see you at 7:30.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Yeah, well apparently I've become a senior member after being here for about 2 minutes and 35 posts! It must have have been the quality of those posts ;) That's one hell of a smart computer

John

I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

Why do you say that Garrafon - the post count is always updated to your current total. See - this post will end up with the same number as those.

I always thought that behavior was weird, but its a fine example of the difference between early and late binding - the difference between = and := in make, for example.

Anyway, isn't it somewhat juvenile to be so fixated on the status of our members?

Originally posted by Byrdman:

Why do you say that Garrafon - the post count is always updated to your current total. See - this post will end up with the same number as those.

I always thought that behavior was weird, but its a fine example of the difference between early and late binding - the difference between = and := in make, for example.

Anyway, isn't it somewhat juvenile to be so fixated on the status of our members?

Ohhh!!! My bad. I didn't know it "back" counted old posts. That is weird behavior. I thought it just caught on and didn't give you another add for repeated posts in a thread. Goes to show what I know. I like my idea better :D

But, yes, I don't think the status means much of anythting to anybody, or, at least, it shouldn't. Except, of course, when I reach "his excellency" status. :P

Archived