Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help. know any computer tables that fit 88 note digital piano underneath please.

AUSSIEKEYS

Anyone know any manufacturer of computer or keyboard workstation tables that will fit an 88 note digital piano [ie casio privia size or similar] under the main table,,and fit a Roland VS 2480 recorder/mixer on top of table and one or two computer monitors next to it.

Available in Australia or made in Australia.

Sydney even better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please anyone even those made overseas as a comparison

I know they exist but ive googled and googled to no avail...what should i be googling

keyboard workstation....workcentre?

computer tables,workcentres ,workstations

recording workcentres/tables?

other alternatives please

I'm using this right now for my main computer workstation- http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?ts=1154269352318&prodCatType=2&storeId=10001&productId=13521&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&cmArea=FEATURED:SC2:CG 94:CL141001

I used to sit my Kurzweil K2500XS on it but now I set that and a Roland on a 3 tier Ultimate stand to the right of the desk so I have space on the desk for notes, a drawing tablet,etc. I have a dual monitor setup on my main computer so this desk works great for that. On the left I have a cheaper computer desk that my Linux computer sets in and I use the larger flat area on that one for my Mackie mixer.

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

Originally posted by AUSSIEKEYS:

Anyone know any manufacturer of computer or keyboard workstation tables that will fit an 88 note digital piano [ie casio privia size or similar] under the main table,,and fit a Roland VS 2480 recorder/mixer on top of table and one or two computer monitors next to it.

Available in Australia or made in Australia.

Sydney even better.

Aussiekeys, don't know if this company has product there. But, I imagine you need something along these lines:

Omnirax

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I have a buddy who uses an omnirax studio desk. He likes it alot. He only uses it with one keyboard, 88 key midi controller, a computer set up and external hard drive. He does a little side table for the mouse and keyboard though.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

thanks guys

great responce

ill check the links and advice and see what I come up with

even if they are not available here it may give me a few ideas to make one if i have to

anymore limks will be appreciated so keep 'em coming

cheers aussiekeys

thanks

happily viewing Omnirax Studio Desks and RTA studfio desks...looks unlikely to be available in australia but gives me some hope...

if not I may use an existing computer desk converted to studio or build one myself

but this gives me a start in the right direction

anymore advice appreciated

I've used my Roland A-80 controller on my original model Ikea Jerker desk. I've currently swapped it for my A-50, as I've been using the A-80 on gigs.

The latest model lacks the lower of the 2 shelves, but that can be bought as an add-on, or you can configure the single shelf to be closer to the level of the desk.

(edited to add: no, these don't even compare to the Omnirax stuff, nor other studio-specific hardware... but it'll run you about 1/10th of the price, and you can repurpose it and put it in your kid's room when they need a desk for homework... ;) )

Aussie - I went through the same search a while back with not a lot of luck. I'd actually consider getting a good carpenter or welder to make you up one based on your specs...

Sven

thats a beauty....i will actually go in and see what they have got..we have one close enough to check it out [i'll look thru thier online catalogue now]

that one is great...although a bit short for the casio or other 88s the keyboard can overhang the ends easily and i could build my own racks to it.

mr nursers

yes thats my other alternative...as I used to restore vintage cars I can weld ...and i have various lengths of metal to do it...but another alternative is to build one out of "Dexion"...ie boltable angle steel which could be dissasembled if I move..

although something like Sven has found might be easier to start with and add my own racks and shelves to.

I'll check my measurements on the piano shelf and maybe add a second shelf above to hold the Vs 2480

i want the keys to be as close to the vs as possible so to reduce the span of reaching the vs...ideally I would like the piano to be on a slidable shelf...but as the post of this particular desk are not wider than the keyboard that would not work...but definately a desk to look at.

for the aussies

seems to be only one Ikea store in each state

and a search of the Jerker table indicates no stock at Homebush Bay shop,although available in Richmond,Melbourne

will await availability in Sydney

prefer to view first and buy in person

plus they dont do mailorder or online purchases....

gee Australia is sometimes so frustrating with availability of products/shops that is taken for granted overseas.

But we do have a glut of boomerangs going cheap.Or perhaps a pallet of didgereedoos.

and they say there are so many Crocodile Dundees here we could breed a flock of 'em. ;)

well i guess i'll still keep this table on the top of my list. :thu:

Archived