Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is still plenty of Philly magic in the new stadium. Did you hear them chanting "asshole" at Micheal Irvin as he tried to do the pregame show? Good stuff. And he himself was a victim of a career ending injury at the Vet.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Was that what they were saying? I missed that. I guess I was listening to the actual comments for once..

BTW, I LOVED how Kornheiser & Theisman kept going back and forth.. Tony: "Is the game over yet Joe?" Joe: "no, if you've got Brett Barve, anything can happen" (another TD scored) Tony: "How about now Joe, is it over now?" Funny!

I wonder if Tony knew he was going to be repramanded by ESPN. You can't intice the fans to change the channel from your own network!

TROLL . . . ish.

I hate those guys announcing the games. Joe Theisman especially. They are all such bandwagon jumpers. Every momentum change they are contradicting what they said 5 minutes before. McNabb makes a bad pass, he acts like he's done it all game. He makes a great pass, he acts like he's done it all game. Be neutral. And get some people who know more about the game to make the comments interesting. Not tooting Favre's horn even when he makes yet another bad throw.

John Madden still rules as a commentator. He KNOWS the game better than any of them and gives you great insight on why they are doing what they are doing.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I like Kornheiser on his native terrain, but he has been frnakly awful on MNF--superficial in his football analysis, morally bombastic in his commentary. He and Joe have the opposite of chemistry (which is a kind of chemistry, come to think of it).

My favorite current team is Nantz and Simms. My favorite all time team is Summeral-Madden.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I liked the Tony Kornheiser a lot when it was on ESPN radio. I like PTI when he shows up to do it. I don't like him on football. He is not focused enough. You can ramble on your own show. You cannot do that during a sports broadcast. The game IS more important than the person talking, which may be hard for Kornheiser to deal with.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

In all fairness, out of the 5 MNF games, 4 of them were complete dogs. Total one sided affairs.

In week one they had 2 games, and the Kornheiser/Theisman/Tirico game was the better game, but I thought the west coast crew of Nance/Vermiel/? was the far better crew.

Since then however, the games have been lopsided, which means nothing but 'fill-time' for the anaylists, and although it has turned to rambling comedy. It's about all they could get out of those games.

TROLL . . . ish.

Tony Kornheiser is a funny cat but his stint on MNF reminds me so much of when Dennis Miller did it a few years ago. Just does not sound right.

Madden & Michaels followed by Buck & Aikman are my favorite commentators.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

When you have a crappy team in your area, you usually get the worst announcers, or the lower tier ones in the channels line up. Living in Arizona we usually get those guys. The play by play guys are generally good but the color guys are awful.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by steadyb:

Ok, can we bring back the point spread for the pick 'em pool, starting next week (since everyone has already made this week's picks).

Well, what does everyone think? I don't like it because I never know what the point spread is, but I will follow the crowd. I can change it once a decision is made, or we can choose the half way point of the season and go to the point spread down the stretch. Sort of "the hill" at the end of the run.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by RABid:

I don't like it because I never know what the point spread is, but I will follow the crowd.

The point spread is right there under the "Group Picks" section.

Favored NE NO NYG Chi StL Car Ind Min KC SF Jac Phi SD Den

Spread 9.5 6.5 4.5 10.0 3.0 8.0 18.0 6.5 3.5 3.5 7.0 2.0 3.5 Off (0)

Underdog Mia TB Was Buf GB Cle Ten Det Ari Oak NYJ Dal Pit Bal

I just think it adds a cool degree of unpredictability to each week's picks.

Otherwise, you could just pick favorites every week and probably do above average.

I've always been a big Drew Blesoe fan, but after watching today's game he needs to hang it up. 2 interceptions in the red zone. The last one was pathethic. If he doesn't throw that ball Dallas kicks a 29 yard field goal to send the game into overtime.

On another note, Gradkowski looks like he may be a good QB for Tampa's future. But they will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this year. They just find ways to loose games in the last few minutes.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I've been backing Bledsoe since he started -up 'till now. Now I'm not so sure. I think the deal is this: Bledsoe is just fine at QB as long as everyone else on offense plays a great game.

In other words, he doesn't make things happen himself, which is exactly what Dallas needs to put them into that top tier of Superbowl contenders. He wouldn't have to make things happen ALL the time by any means. Just SOME of the time - enough to spark the team once or twice a game maybe.

He's good, sure. He used to be close to great at times. He'd make a fine backup QB at this point in his career. Man I wish Dallas had taken Delhomme when he was up for grabs.

All the opposing teams know the premier Dallas weak spot - just get to the QB a few times and you're halfway home. For most teams, that's pretty hard to do since the Dallas offensive line is as good as it is.

Philly's defense deserves credit - they just ran over the Dallas front line how many times?

The only hope I see for Dallas (short of a QB change) is different play-calling: run yet even more, add more quick, short passes. Hey, try some of those screens like Philly did so well today! Take Bledsoe out of the picture on about 1/3 more of the plays. T.O. and T Glenn can make their yards after the catch quite well.

M Peasley

Archived