Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

I've got two football comedy monologues brewing in my head.

The first one is about Chad Pennington:

"Man, that guy has the accuracy of a laser surgeon. And the range."

The second is a monlogue addressed to Bill Cowher:

"Bill, we love you, man, you are THE Dean of NFL coaches. A tough guy with a big heart, you are what this game is all about. And I'll you what, man: the NFL was right to give you that Super Bowl. It was the right thing to do.

Hey, loved the Cincinati game Bill. A little 'Kimo Therapy,' right? Good call."

Oh well...

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Magpel:

I've got two football comedy monologues brewing in my head.

The first one is about Chad Pennington:

"Man, that guy has the accuracy of a laser surgeon. And the range."

The second is a monlogue addressed to Bill Cowher:

"Bill, we love you, man, you are THE Dean of NFL coaches. A tough guy with a big heart, you are what this game is all about. And I'll you what, man: the NFL was right to give you that Super Bowl. It was the right thing to do.

Hey, loved the Cincinati game Bill. A little 'Kimo Therapy,' right? Good call."

Oh well...

:D:D:D

LOL, John! :thu:

Maybe instead of swinging an air golf club like Johnny Carson, you can throw an air football before your routine! ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Ouch.

Shaun Alexander out for the season with a broken foot. That has got to hurt the Seahawks chances for another super bowl run.

I guess the Madden cover has now supplanted the SI cover as the number 1 jinx factor.

Wow big news indeed. That sucks for Seattle. At least they have Deion Branch to help strengthen their passing game, but they're still going to need a decent running threat to keep defenses guessing.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Holy crap.

AFAIC, that would totally destroy Seattle's chances for another run if he were out for the season. However, ESPN is reporting that they say they're looking at "a few weeks" without Alexander, not the remainder of the season, according to Holmgren.

- Jeff

Indeed, the Saints played with emotion out there, and Atlanta looked like a team that expected to just show up to win. I've never seen such a total lack of effort from an entire receiving corps before. Everyone had hands of stone, no one was running routes with any sort of energy.

Originally posted by RABid:

And on the opposite side of things...

Another Cincinnati player arrested. Fifth one so far this year. :rolleyes:

Just last week Chris Henry was telling the judge how he wanted to be a positive to the community. Then he's riding in the backseat when Odell Thurman (who is currently under his last week of suspension)gets pulled over and he's throwing up out the window. :mad: Both these guys are real talents. And both are incredibly stupid.

:rolleyes:

Marvin has already cleaned out Odells locker for the year and if that means anything. Chris is probably on his last straw , at least he was smart enough not to drive this time. You would think these guys would be smart enough to call a cab with both thier careers in jeopardy,

Posted by Meccajay:

Well SDS, on the Arizona side, you guys do start Lienhart this week, so things are looking up yes?

Its a hit and miss for me. He's going against Atlanta, not the easiest defense to play against and in the preseason while he looked great, he was going against backups with very vanilla schemes. Playing in the regular season is a whole different thing. He does have talent and I do beleive he will be a good QB, just not sure if he's ready now. The turnover ratio will hopefully improve though. Denny Green has a quick trigger finger when it comes to Qb's so I guess we'll have to see how it goes. Many Cards fans want Leinart to start.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Well, thee can't be any high expectations with rookie QB's. There bound to look like rookie's sometimes, or all of the time as it were. In that sense, I wouldn't expect Denny Green to pull him out once he made him the starter.

The real pleasure is finally getting the "new era" underway. Same for Vince Young & Reggie Bush. Vince will struggle, but it would be good to get the whole thing started. From time to time you'll see the hints of greatness, like we get from Bush etc. Mostly it's just good to get on with the future. Down the line I look forward to great things from Leinart.

TROLL . . . ish.

I believe San Diego will score at least 20 points against Baltimore's defense.

The Ravens will lose because it does not appear Fassel has the offense totally clicking yet.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

I imagine even Atlanta fans wouldn't mind this one loss too much.

That all depends on the W-L at the end of the season. ;)

The Aints were a 49ers division rival for too many years for me to cheer for the team all that much. But, for the same reason, I was happy to root for Atlanta to lose. :D

At any rate, I'm real happy for the city. Good win for them, I was real happy to see it.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

The Aints were a 49ers division rival for too many years for me to cheer for the team all that much. But, for the same reason, I was happy to root for Atlanta to lose.

Yeah!!! The good ol' NFC West...

Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints, and San Francisco 49ers.

That was when I got hooked for life on football. So many great games. When you're a kid, you never think your team's out of it, no matter what the score is.

I'd guess for Mags, it would depend a lot on which New York team was your favorite. If it was the Jets, then it's Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, and Baltimore Colts.

If it was the Giants, then it's Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, and the St. Louis Cardinals.

Dan's was probably the AFC Central, and dB's the AFC West (or East?).

Geoff was right there rooting for Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olsen with me.

We each had our own "mini league" we had to get out of to make the playoffs.

No Wild Card. :thu:

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Geoff was right there rooting for Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olsen with me.

:thu::thu::thu:

GO LOS ANGELES RAMS!!! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

Booooo. Hissssss. :P

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by ProfD:

I believe San Diego will score at least 20 points against Baltimore's defense.

Could be, but they'd better do it by running the ball, and tossing slants to Gates. I just can't see a QB with Rivers experience winning by going up top against Chris McAlister and Ed Reed.
TROLL . . . ish.

Being a rookie QB taken in the first two picks of the draft has to be the worst way to enter the NFL. Teams are desperate to play you, and if that team has the 1 or 2 pick the line is usually horrible. I feel for these players because they get beat to death. I remember saying about Tim Couch a few years ago, his standard play during the first year was "Hut. Hut. Hike. Run for your life as the blitz comes through unchecked." These teams would be much better off building a line first and then getting a QB. That would be much better than drafting a good QB and ruining him behind a bad line.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived