Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Of all places to get scammed!

CraigT

I've heard of this one for a while but never received any emails. Today it arrived as a personal message from this forum! I'm gonna make me some money :P

Please reply to my private email for more details

Dear One,

This may appear a bit surprising to you but very beneficial, as a

matter of urgency, i am desparately looking for a foriegn partner whom i can

trust to handle some investment or fund movement. I am Mr Collins

Peter son of late MR. Edward Peter, who was murdered by the Zimbabwean

veterans and irrate black people. I am writing from Cote D' Ivoire . I got your

address from your site when am searching for honest person and trusworthy who will help me to claim out my money from security company .

I write to solicit for your special assistance to a family shattered by

a tyrannical government led by a dictator and his (ZANU-PF) ruling

party- president Robert Mugabe.

Because of land and farm land crisis in Zimbabwe, the government secretly sponsored the war veterans and some irrate partymembers to disposess the land being occupied by white farmers. This action has led to the killing of some members of opposition party including my father( Edward Peter) who did not support this ill-fated action.But before the death of my father, he anticipated some dangers and so he deposited the sum of US$2.5m (Two million five hundered Thousand United States Dollars) in my name at a reputable security company in Netherland so call Holland in Europe with the intention of using it to open fertilizer manufacturing company in our neighbouring country (Swaziland).On the 29th of July, 2001, the war veterans and some supporters of (ZANU-PF) ruling party trooped into our compound and axed him(my father) to death.

Since then, they have been terrorizing me , but i managed to escape to

a country, Cote D' Ivoire as a political asylum seeker (refugee).

That is why I want this fund to be claim out from security company and lodge it into your private account so that you will assist me to invest it in your country.

Hence,if you agree to assist me, i will offer you 15% of the money for

your assistance, 5% will be for the possible expenses incurred in the

process of this transaction, while the remaining will be for our

investment in your country through your assistance.

I need your urgent and confidential response.

Upon your immediate response, I will immediately arrange and send to

you all the Information that will empower your smooth transaction with

the security company in Netherland so call Holland and I will also send to you the agreement that will protect both interest. And further information about yourself is necessary for i can not play on this.You can as well read more about the crises in my country and about this situation on the following sites:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/africa/08/12/violence.zimbabwe/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/zimbabwe/article/0,2763,562148,00.html

Please reply to my private email address:peter_collins1010@yahoo.dk

Waiting for your prompt and positive response ..

Regards.

Collins Peter

--------------------

am koffi akimbo am looking for a serious partner who will be honesty to me. amam koffi akimbo am looking for a serious partner who will be honesty to me. am from africa from africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this too. Talking to admin about banning the IP address it came from.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

how come I never get these great opportunties ?

Was it when they stole my identity and discovered forlornly what good a 189 FICA score is ?

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

This may appear a bit surprising to you but very beneficial, as a matter of urgency, i am desparately looking for a foriegn partner ...
I love these idiots! I usually find some way to hook them in and drag them on for a week or two. The more info I can get outta them, the more I've got to send to the proper authorities. Besides, it's just darned good fun teasing them!

I've got CC numbers that validate, (but aren't actually valid) I happily give them. The second they try to use them, the red flags go up at Visa like crazy.

Warning: playing with these folks can be a hazard to your health, so only do so with properly shielded email accounts and never give them any real info about yourself! These scammers irritate the hell out of me and causing them as much grief as possible has become a mission of mine...but I am very careful when I decide to play with one of them!

Les Mizzell

----------------------------------------------

I receive emails like this about once a month. The funny thing is that I actually lived in Zimbabwe for over a year in the late '80s when Mugabe was "elected" president. Anyway, I forward them to the FBI, who investigate this crap.

And yes, it can be dangerous to play with these people too much. Be very careful if you attempt this.

Jay da Cop

Some at the Guitar Forum have mentioned getting these, 2.

Oddly the snare doen't seem 2 B set 4 everyone (not every1's getting them).

It was mentioned (at the GP forum) that the characterless character ;) sending these hasn't made any public posts to any forum, just these PMs...but like I&I said, I never got 1 so don't know the facts.

Not a computer maven but I wonder how it fits the "efficiency" of crooks 2 get a membership at Music Player & post these through the internal mail system rather than just general e-mail.

Can they somehow do blanket PMs?

There is no way they could post a blanket PM from a list. I suspect that they opened recent threads and clicked the PM icon in each post. It seems that only the Keyboard and Guitar forum regulars were PMed. This leads me to believe that they were simply going down the list of forums.

The scammer has been banned along with the IP block in Africa that it came from.

Related Thread in the Guitar Player Forum

I always like the ones that say things like "we are looking for an honest and trustworthy person" or IIRC one used to say something like "honesty and trust will be the watchwords for our transaction" when they are asking someone to help them embezzle money from some foreign government or company :)

Although I guess the real funny thing is that it works. I can understand a lack of technical skill and the more mundane rewards promised by some scam emails fooling people, but these are plainly absurd.

I think they should arrest the people that send their money / details etc. They probably drive :)

Archived