Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...

OK, OK, I admit it. This isn't a thread about Cakewalk Project 5, or Cakewalk SONAR, or Cakewalk ANY-friggin-thing. This thread is about a hangnail. I once had a hangnail. Or should I say, a hangnail once had me. I tried to ignore it, resisting with all my will the urge to rip it off my finger in a fit of obsessive/compulsive fury; but I kept accidentally bumping and rubbing it up against things, rendering my attempt at denial futile. I had to face the facts. I did indeed have a gnarly hangnail, and had to deal with it. I had to remove it. This is surgery, I'm convinced. It may not be complex internal surgery, but it is definitely an operation. Separating dead tissue from living tissue, with the least amount of damage to the body. The possibility of more bleeding than expected. And the hope of an outcome of little pain and no aesthetic damage. Usually, this little self-operation works. Sometimes it doesn't, and I end up bleeding, and squeezing my finger with a tissue while raising my hand above my heart to slow the bleeding. Damn, that can hurt for hours afterwards! But, eventually my finger always heals. Hangnails are definitely a flaw in the human design. That's certainly one thing that I would correct, if I were redesigning the human machine. But, then again, there are so many things...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still need me to send a CD , or can you download the wav file from my site. Simply sending a CD from Belgium to the USA takes around 28 working days.. I'll try to listen this weekend...

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

[url=http://webbox.com/download/streamer.asp?f=17527834&ses=3273179&p=688452&fn=GT3%5FFate%5FPB%5FMix1%5FMstr1%2Emp3]http://webbox.com/download/streamer.asp?f=17527834&ses=3273179& p=688452&fn=GT3%5FFate%5FPB%5FMix1%5FMstr1%2Emp3[/url] Here's mine, with a quick mastering job done at low listening level so as not to wake my 2-year old. I guess tomorrow I'll see what it really sound like.

Paul Berolzheimer

Progenitor of 2 amazing sound sources

goddamnit! I spent most of today doing a bunch of arranging and organizing parts for this tune and then i just listened to a few of you guyzez and you all stole all my damn ideas!!!!! Now i gotta come up with some new ones. Mine'll be post tommorrow evening, sorry for being behind. i look forward to spending more time listening to everyones mix. :wave: Cheers

Quick question, and i've probably overlooked the obvious answer somewhere... When all the mixing is said and done, will there be a place to obtain/purchase all these mixes/cds online? In CD format? gimme gimme gimme!

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b]Quick question, and i've probably overlooked the obvious answer somewhere... When all the mixing is said and done, will there be a place to obtain/purchase all these mixes/cds online? In CD format? gimme gimme gimme![/b][/quote]As a matter of fact... There will be details soon about that very thing! I don't want to get ahead of myself so suffice it to say there is a little something special in the works. Worry not phaeton, you'll have your CD. :) - DJDM

OK. Um. Do I need to post my hangnail story again? Is everybody ignoring it as some sort of joke? Did you guys all PM each other and conspire to ignore my hangnail post? This is disturbing. If this is some sort of sick joke, well, you got me. OK? Hello?

WHAT??? Upload to my SERVER??? What the HELL are you people TALKING about??? Look, I obviously missed out on something. [i]Man, this is like a bad dream... [/i] Are you people following me AT ALL??!!!??? [img]http://www.420recordsgroup.com/images/smilies/3Dconfusedsmiley.gif[/img]

First thanks for all the work Dbunny, Would it be a good idea to seperate the mixes as follow : 1. Mixes only (no added stuff, very little removing stuff) 2. Mixes plus (a little added stuff is allowed) 3. ReMixes (all the other) At the top of the list - GT3 origenal mix should be available - yep, that very first mix done, ages before this event even started. I want to hear how the artist intended it to sound when he wrote this!! BTW , If necassary , I can let one or two people use our server to upload their Wav/Shn file PM me for details. [quote]Originally posted by Anon-a-Monster: [b]Do you still have the 'shorten' program? That will reduce the file size by 50%.[/b][/quote]Actually, on my Mac - shorten reduced a 29mb wav file to a 21mb Shn file... Not that much

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Hey Teach - my DAW ate my homework... :mad: Actually, it ate the f@&#king lead guitar part I laid down several hours ago :confused: and I've burned 5 of my 7 hours sleep so far - so I guess I'm gonna be late, too. :( Bunny - I'll set up a d/l for you tomorrow.

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]Good guess, Rim, but no, it's not Craig. Now, no more guessing! I'll give no more hints! Anon will reveal his identity in due time. :cool: (and no, it's not me, so don't ask)[/b][/quote]He he he, I didn't get to listen yet (still on a modem) but I somehow have the feeling that Anon's mixes will be the loudest of anyone's :D Looks like dBunster didn't get to post the link I sent him yet (a man does have to sleep sometime, I know) but [url=http://www.salorlando.com/sss_mixfest/GT3-SalOrlando.mp3]here\'s mine[/url] for anyone who wants to check it out now. I hope the whole file made it up there, I can't download it to check right now. Did Craig say he is on a 28.8? How can you stand it man? :eek:

Archived