Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator spam: Free pair of ADAMs...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There wasn't a form for the contest, so I submitted on the repair form. I think 'LIVE' would be a good name. I should have did a language conversion first, the Nova didn't do too good in Mexico. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Well I up and submitted a name on the Service Request Form.

My submission? I went with the first letter starting with an "A" and the word I used (actually two words) is related in a sense to the word 'audio'. Okay, okay, enough fanfare. Here's my submitted name for the formerly Adams ??? Apple:

The ADAM 'Aural EX' Studio Monitors.

The word Aural means: "Of, relating to, or perceived by the ear". The "EX" moniker has the connotation of 'Extreme' or "taking it to the limit".

Mike

When I click on the link for competition entry service order form opens instead of competition entry form. Does anybody else have this problem? I would really like to enter this competition... :D
Fat But Fast

Dave, I have a pan of brownies for the selection committee. Where do I send them?

I went with Aztecs because when I looked at the speakers the face made me think of Aztec architecture, and Aztec starts with an A, and I wanted to avoid my first obvious choice, Eves. Too bad the speakers are not gold.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Faruk:

When I click on the link for competition entry service order form opens instead of competition entry form. Does anybody else have this problem?

Originally posted by Gulliver:

I used that ADAM Service request form.

Should I re-sent my submission when they put the right form on their site? I'm asking because I didn't receive any confirmation so far...

You guys should read the thread I linked to in Phil's forum.. ;)

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by nursers:

Hi Dave,

The link is up on the site already but points to the support form if you have a faulty unit. Guessing that is what will change tomorrow :thu:

That's the plan...

Unfortunately, our web guy is on vacation right now, so the folks who are there are trying to make it work without him. It's not going exactly the way it's supposed to, I guess... ;)

ADAM Germany sez that some people have just filled in the service form. They say that's okay with them in the interim.

They also say that they are sending confirmation emails to the people who submit a name successfully.

dB

ADAM Audio USA

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Jeebus:

dB: Who selects the winner? When is the deadline?

We haven't decided whether we're going to decide internally, or whether we're going to put up polls in the forums and let the public decide. Or some combination of the two.

You don't need to give us opinions on how you think we should do this - I believe I have an idea what you guys would prefer... :D

The deadline has not yet been set, but ADAM Germany says the contest will run for about four weeks.

dB

It's okay, I just received the confirmation.

:cool:

The confirmation response is not automated, so it may not happen right away, but Kerstin (from ADAM Germany) is on it in a big way.

dB

Shit... I used that ADAM Service request form.

Should I re-sent my submission when they put the right form on their site? I'm asking because I didn't receive any confirmation so far...

I used the service request form last night. I had a confirmation e-mail this morning that I was in the running. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

just entered...

I was gonna enter "ADAMantium" but I see that Ken already suggested that name.

So I submitted the Auricle!

I can see it now, while flipping through pages in a magazine...

"The ear is the heart of every studio. The Auricle is an extension of it." :D:)

Can't believe no one said ADAM Ants.

Kinda goes with the "up and ADAM" theme.

Remember the cartoon....Up and ADAM....ADAM Ant!!

There are no stupid questions but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!

I call it the ADAM DAVID, because David was the small guy who did beat the big guy Goliath.

Besides that, Dave Bryce is a great guy and he deserves his name is put on an ADAM product.

How about that? :cool:

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

And here is my submision (I'm still waiting for the confirmation, though):

Adams ALBEDO

And here is explanation: Albedo is continuos occurance in space/atmosphere that allow us to see. Stars give light, but albedo will give us sight. (Albedo is the fraction of light that is reflected by a body or surface. It is commonly used in astronomy to describe the reflective properties of planets, satellites, and asteroids) There are two kinds of Albedo but this kind is really interesting: Albedo, defined as the fraction of the total incident solar radiation reflected by a planet back to space, is a measure of the planet's energy balance.

I think Albedo would be right name for montiors that gives us acurate image/sight/reflection of music that we make.

:D

Fat But Fast

I recived confirmation from Adams Germany, and now I am also officialy proud competitor. :wave:

Master Bryce, are there any new info on competition (for how many weeks, how will desicion be made, etc?)

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Archived