Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

alesis QS series

Amazing, this thread is still going after 21 years.  2nd to the worst keyboard i ever owned with the Korg Poly 800 taking top honors (sorry brother Dave Bryce).

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

5 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

Amazing, this thread is still going after 21 years.  2nd to the worst keyboard i ever owned with the Korg Poly 800 taking top honors (sorry brother Dave Bryce).

Well, you can't be right about everything, Dave.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

7 hours ago, Bosendorphen said:

But I still enjoy the QS synth at rehearsal and gigs, not to mention all the other great sounds and SRAM card with Mellotron and CP-70 SampleCell samples I was able to get installed with Soundbridge.

Did you have any issues installing Soundbridge on newer computers? I can't remember if it was the driver or the 64bit that gave me an issue. It's been a while.

If you can ever find QControl it's a fantastic Windows program for controlling QS keyboards. I believe I have a zipped, very small copy of it from when I purchased it. I know that the author hasn't supported the program in well over 10 years. Can I upload it to this thread?

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I've had two Quadrasynths (non-Plus Piano) from 2011 to 2015.  Both of which fell victim to a garbled LCD screen that even doing a battery change/factory reset couldn't cure.  Sold both of them for parts, but man, I loved that instrument.  I thought the stock piano to be quite playable, the rhodes EP was nice, too, and the synth sounds were incredible.  Not to mention a great-feeling keybed with an aftertouch that didn't take all the strength in your hands to engage (*cough* Roland.)

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

17 hours ago, Synthaholic said:

Did you have any issues installing Soundbridge on newer computers? I can't remember if it was the driver or the 64bit that gave me an issue. It's been a while.

If you can ever find QControl it's a fantastic Windows program for controlling QS keyboards. I believe I have a zipped, very small copy of it from when I purchased it. I know that the author hasn't supported the program in well over 10 years. Can I upload it to this thread?

QControl sounds great. I think I last used Soundbridge before I went to a 64 bit system about 4 years ago. So I haven't tried it with my newer computer and should see what happens. I still have an older machine in the basement I could set up if it didn't work in my studio.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

On 10/9/2023 at 3:24 PM, stoken6 said:

OT but the 1MB Ensoniq piano in the KS32 is remarkable.

Cheers, Mike.

Oh yeah. I was astounded when I got my KS32 back in 1992. I sold it 5 years later (loved it in the studio but so heavy to haul to gigs). 

I got a SQ1 Plus 5 years ago for $113 near mint just so I could play back my old KS32 sequences I'd backed up (I later got conversion software to change the sequences to GM).

But the SQ1 Plus I believe is missing the additional 16 MB samples that the KS32 had. So a few patches don't quite work but it's only a handful.

But the piano on it is still amazing for just 1 MB. As I recall, the original SQ1 only had 1 MB of 12-bit sample ROM and the Plus added the additional 16-bit 1 MB piano (as did the SQ2). Then the KS32 added yet another batch of 16 MB samples including Moog bass synth samples, among others.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis