Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

COVER CD: Ready to rock!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here what I used for my piece:

Yamaha C3 Conservatory grand piano

Fatar Studio 2001 master keyboard

Kurzweil K2000RS

Oberheim Matrix-12

Roland XP-80

Korg Wavestation A/D

Also, I noticed that something slipped away from the piece title... It should be "Prelude and Fugue in D major from The Well-Tempered Clavier, vol. I" by J.S.Bach. The "vol. I" got skipped somehow. If it's too late, no problem at all anyway.

Carlo

Steve - no doubt dB will get you the list when he gets back from Germany (without a laptop, alas!)...

BTW, if you have room and want to add it, "What Child is This" was mixed to Alesis Masterlink (making sense, since all Alesis gear was used, yes?). Thanks again...

lz

www.lauriez.com

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

If it's not too late:

dB

I was waiting for you!! Look for final track list & equipment lists in this thread tomorrow!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

If it's not too late:

dB

I was waiting for you!! Look for final track list & equipment lists in this thread tomorrow!
Cool!

You have Electric Records' contact info, yes?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by marino:

OK I just noticed that the WHOLE title of the work (Well-Tempered Clavier) got erased, probably for lenght's sake. Problem solved... :D

Sorry Marino, it is because of the length.

Steve

Just a thought from me... How about adding a country of origin to the each participating artist's name? I know most are US citizens, but still some of us ( :D ) are from other countries.

Personally I think it would be fun to see such info in the credits as well.

So, Steve, if you're gonna do this, please add Estonia somewhere near Abracadabra.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Oh, and Dave, just a few hours ago I sent you $30 in a registered letter... (what have I done, what have I done...?! :freak: )

I am back.

Here's the quipment list I have so far. The number represents your Track Number.

1. Korg Triton, 05R/W, T3, M1R. Yamaha TG500, Alesis D4. Sequencing was done on the Triton's internal sequencer

2. Synthesizers: Ensoniq TS-10, MR Rack, SD-1. Recorded in CoolEdit Pro. Mixed through Behringer Eurodesk to MiniDisc. Midi pre-production, TS-10's internal sequencer.Sample CDs used were Seismic Frequencies,, Spiritual Voices, Abracatabla, Alibaba and 40 Ravers, Miles Bould - The Progression.

3. Yamaha C3 Conservatory grand piano, Fatar Studio 2001 master keyboard, Kurzweil K2000RS, Oberheim Matrix-12, Roland XP-80, Korg Wavestation A/D

5. Recorded on Powerbook G-3, 233mhz/ DP3.0. Piano, QS8. Horns & Bass, JV-1010, Drums, DM-5, Hammond B-3/ Leslie 145, Mics ART 420, Marshall 603s, Paul Lucas Vocals & Guitars. Strat/EMGs/ Rockman, Takamine Acoustic, Final Mix & Mastering Ross Billard on a G4 800mhz, DP3.0/ Peak/ Waves/ Jam

6. Triton ProX 88 into CoolEdit to the burner

8. Digital Performer/Mac G4, All Alesis - QS8 plus Latin Q-Card, Andromeda, QSR, DG8 Digital Grand Piano, DMPro Drum Kit played by Albe Bonacci, Masterlink

9. Korg Triton, Fender Stratocaster, Lakland 55-94, Logic Audio.

10. Korg N1, Kurzweil K2500RS, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Kurzweil "Take 6" and Spectrasonics "Liquid Grooves" libraries, Sequenced on a Mac G4 with Digital Performer

13. Ketron SD1 workstation, Tascam 788 HDR

14. Phil Traynor - all instruments. Drums (two kits): CB700 Internationale. Bass: Peavey Foundation. Acoustic Guitar: Martin DXME. Cello, Trumpets, Flute: EMU Proteus 2000. Flugelhorn: doubled, EMU Proteus 2000 & Korg Triton. Trombones: Korg Triton. Acoustic Piano & Rhodes: Roland RD-500. Mics: CAD177, Shure SM57. Recorder: Korg D1600. Effects: Zoom RFX-1000, HHB Radius3 Fat Man tube compressor. Ripping (both directions): MusicMatch 7.0. Mastering: Cool Edit Pro, T-Racks, Waves

15. Rode NT-2 mic, Mindprint Envoice Preamp, Logan String Melody I, Reaktor. Recorded into Samplitude.

16. Sonic Implants Drums, percussion, and acoustic bass. QS 8 "1st Contact" pad. Korg Z1 and ZSC Sound Collection. Fender Strat + POD. Acoustic guitar. Human voices of David Wills, Sean Marrinan, and John Burdick

17. Recorded to 2" tape and mixed at Cue Studios in Falls Church, VA. Engineered by Ken Schubert. No mastering prior to Dave Bryce. Female Vocalist Sheila Robinson. Piano - Roland RD 250, early model Proteus for all other sounds. It was sequenced on an Alesis MT-8.

18.QS8.1 w/ Film Score card, Wavestation SR, K2000 ,PPG Wave 2.2, MiniMoog, Prophet VS, Andromeda, Jupiter-8, MKS-80, NanoBass, DM Pro

As you can see some of you have written a lot, some have a very short list. Some have not written anything. If you want to edit your list please post in the thread.

We are missing equipment lists from 4, 7, 11, 12,

I think I have this listing correct. Maybe someone could double-check (Dan South).

POOPY-DARN!!

Steve

Hey, Steve...

Is there a deadline on this?

dB

There can be if you want. I was pushing to finish while you were away. But Dan South asked what was the hurry. If everyone else agrees there's no hurry. But this list is all I need to finish & I would like to finish, just to get it done. If anything I would like to hear the tunes!!!

Steve

The reason that I ask is that I don't want this to go on for an indefinite period of time waiting for a few last pieces of information. We actually lost some people from the forum during the production of the last compilation - remember Arseny? He has a tune on the first CD, but he just vanished from the forum before I finished them. He never even got one. I'm concerned that the same thing might happen here, and that we'll be holding up the CD waiting for someone who isn't gonna ever respond.

I just want to know what to expect. If the goal is to wait for everyone to submit their information - in which case this project might take a lot longer to finish - then I'll take it off my radar. I am also concerned because based on the info I had before I left, I told Electric Records that they'd have the art last week, and I'd rather not leave them hanging. I'd like to give them an update, but I'd really rather not call them up and say, "Well, I know what I told you two weeks ago, but the art has been put on indefinite hold. We'll get it to you sometime soon - not sure when". It's just not my style - I'm not a fan of nebulous information.

dB

I agree with you. As I said I would like to finish. I appreciate you don't want to look incompetatant(spell) to the manufacturer. Let's set a deadline. Perhaps I should have jumped on the info I had sooner to realize that we were missing some people, but I had real jobs to do & Travis was in a large hockey tournament last week. I've been at this business a long time & I go through this situation on an on-going basis. You presume people have done their part & go to do the job only to find out the info you were given is only half-baked or parts are missing. People have had enought time to submit. I could go ahead with just listing the missing peoples' country of origin as suggested or what?

Steve

I have an idea...check out the new thread ...

I could go ahead with just listing the missing peoples' country of origin as suggested or what?

Sounds good to me. I'd suggest that we give 'em until Friday morning your time, and then proceed with this plan.

dB

This is for tune #4, Deja Vu:

Piano: East/West Steinway B for Gigasampler

Bass: Dan Dean Ashbory Bass (Gigasampler)

Voices: Spectrasonic Vocal Planet

B3: Native Instruments B4

Plucked sound: OASYS plucked strings

Drums: Naked Drums R&B for Protools

Recorded and mixed in Protools TDM

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

Busch.

Here's my list (from memory, so I think it's right):

Sequencer - Sonar 1.31

Drums - NI Battery: "Basic" Kit and a few additional cymbals from other Battery kits.

Clavinet, Harmonica and Piano - Roland Virtual Sound Canvas

Organ - NI B4

Synth Bass and Synth Bass - Dreamstation Virtual Synth (custom programs for both).

Also, if there's still time can we make the title:

Streetbeater (Theme from Sanford and Son)

I think more people recognize the name of the TV show than the real name of the tune ;)

[QB

I think I have this listing correct. Maybe someone could double-check (Dan South).

[QB]

It's every man for himself, as far as I'm concerned. :)

The equipment list is a "nice to have." It doesn't have to be perfect. I agree on the Friday a.m. deadline. Let's finish this thing.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Just looking for GusTrax!!

Just in case you can't reach Gus, he uses Reactor for most projects, along with an Ensoniq synth (the ESQ-1, I think). Even if you just list Reaktor, I think Gus would be happy. ;)

Hope he shows up, though. I'll post something on Nuestro Foro.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

Just looking for GusTrax!!

Just in case you can't reach Gus, he uses Reactor for most projects, along with an Ensoniq synth (the ESQ-1, I think). Even if you just list Reaktor, I think Gus would be happy. ;)

Hope he shows up, though. I'll post something on Nuestro Foro.

Hi Guys !

I'm currently in a promotional tour of my newest material so I have not been online as often as I use to do normally. Thanks for your patience.

Here it goes:

SEQUENCER:

CakeWalk's SONAR XL

Piano & Slap Bass:

Ensoniq SQ1 Plus (not the old and cool ESQ)

Brass, Wind, Drum & Percussion sounds:

EMU Sound Fonts

ALESIS HR 16

Other Bass and Synthesized sounds:

Native Instruments REAKTOR & PRO 52

Audio Sequencer:

Sonic Foundry ACID 3.0

Audio Editor & FX Processing:

* Sonic Foundry SOUND FORGE 5.0

* WAVES Plug Ins for various FX

* T-Racks for Mastering

DONE ! :thu:

(( Anyone in Tucson Arizona? I'm gonna spend a weekend at there just for vacation since I'm right now in Sonora, Mexico -the border- ))

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Here's my instrumentation:

Drums: K2500RS/Liquid Grooves

Bass: Proteus 2000

Synth Pad: Korg N1 & Proteus 2000

Acoustic Piano: K2500RS

Synth Lead: K2500RS