Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner Compilation???

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

If you can have a run of these manufactured and assembled, I'm all for it. But I would still like to be able to download the artwork in case I want to run off additional copies in the future. I hope that won't be a problem. I'll set up a site for this if need be.

I take the artwork files & make PDF files of it. It will can be downloaded, read & printed by anyone with Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.0 or better. If anyone doesn't have it they can download it free from Adobe. This is usually the best way. Sometimes there are font problems, but if I keep the fonts pretty generic there won't be. If you want to set up the site go ahead Dan. Thanks for your enthusiasm. Dan, if you want to assemble the text that goes with each track please feel free. I have Excel here on another machine, although Microsoft Word or a straight text file is OK. Whatever you are comfortable in.

Dave, I presume this will be produced in a Standard Jewel Case called The Keyboard Corner - Volume I & The Keyboard Corner - Volume II. Or would it be in a Double Jewel Case? The times of the songs I will get at the end. I also need to know if the place that is going to print it will print or photocopy on both sides. Usually at this point I ask the customer to show examples of styles they like, but this is not practical in this situation. For speed & efficency, I'll produce a one design & let people comment on it. We can tweak it from there. I got company be back in a minute.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B3 - PDF sounds good to me. Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

In preparation, I'll assemble a text file with the names of all of the songs on the MP3 site, another with who submitted them. If anyone has any web pages or copyright notices that they want listed next to their song title, they can send me an email. It will probably look something like this.

Song A, Copyright 2001 Abe Adams, www.abeadams.com

Song B, Bob Blair, Copyright 2001 Blair Music, BMI

Song C, Charles Chow, Copyright 1996 Chow Time Music, www.mp3.com/chuckchow

Song D, Copyright 200 Dave Dramatic, www.dramatic.com/dave

I'll sequence the information when Dave gives me the song order - or maybe I'll just send the text file to him - then we can send it on to you (B3).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

B3 - PDF sounds good to me. Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

In preparation, I'll assemble a text file with the names of all of the songs on the MP3 site, another with who submitted them. If anyone has any web pages or copyright notices that they want listed next to their song title, they can send me an email. It will probably look something like this.

Song A, Copyright 2001 Abe Adams, www.abeadams.com

Song B, Bob Blair, Copyright 2001 Blair Music, BMI

Song C, Charles Chow, Copyright 1996 Chow Time Music, www.mp3.com/chuckchow

Song D, Copyright 200 Dave Dramatic, www.dramatic.com/dave

I'll sequence the information when Dave gives me the song order - or maybe I'll just send the text file to him - then we can send it on to you (B3).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

My pleasure. Looks good to me. With approx. 17 cuts per CD, I think we will only have room for this on the back of the insert. I don't want to hold this up but what about sponsorship? I think we should sell a logo space on the front to Keyboard Mag or musicplayer.com or both or to somebody. Who is Chris Stone?

Steve

I've edited my profile but here is my email address

b_3guy@yahoo.com

Steve

This message has been edited by b_3guy on 07-04-2001 at 08:57 PM

Steve

Yeah, let's NOT hold this up. I'd rather worry about product first, marketing later. If the Keyboard Mag publishers want to spread the word about this project, that's nice, but let's make sure that we have something to show them first.

Chris is a moderator on another forum where they've had some trouble putting together a compilation. He doesn't seem to think we're going to be successful in delivering a finished product. I say, full steam ahead! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

It's really nice to sit here on the other side of Atlantic ocean, 31 degrees celcius, and seeing things progress with the CD.

I think I'm in love with you all.(Don't tell my fiancée) http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

It's hard to do anything from here, but if you ever need anything done, just let me know.

If you ever come to Sweden I think I'll let you try the Swedish meal: Surströmming.

------------------

--Smedis,--

Yeah, let's NOT hold this up. I'd rather worry about product first, marketing later. If the Keyboard Mag publishers want to spread the word about this project, that's nice, but let's make sure that we have something to show them first.

Chris is a moderator on another forum where they've had some trouble putting together a compilation. He doesn't seem to think we're going to be successful in delivering a finished product. I say, full steam ahead! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Dan - I'll send you my copyright info via email, since my submission is from a released CD.

Re the marketing of the CD, when we get to that point, I'll help out on that end....dB, you know how to reach me! :-)

So far so good, guys!

lz

http://www.lauriez.com

http://www.mp3.com/lauriez

I don't know how to point to a specific post via a URL, so I copied this text from a post by Chris Stone.

Based on the 12-13 pages on the subject, my comment about "believing it when I see it" was in reference only to Dave's keyboard forum trying to put one out. After all the problems we have seen on this forum, I seriously question that it can be done. I think "too many cooks" is the reason we seem trapped in mediocrity here.

He posted this despite the fact that a couple of guys on his forum have produced successful compilations in the past. I guess I'm not following his logic.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Don't matter Chris will have his copy and will probably feel pretty lame about his comments...

oh and the Lakers will 3-peat http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

sorry I had to.

Steve, that's really cool of you to offer your time...the graphics don't have to be anything trick...minimalism is good http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif...

He posted this despite the fact that a couple of guys on his forum have produced successful compilations in the past. I guess I'm not following his logic.

Neither am I...also, frankly, I'm surprised by his negativity. It's so...childish..."Well, if WE up here in MPER can't pull it off, there's no way that some keyboard guys can."

I will enjoy personally sending him an autographed copy.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

So...

With the latest addition from the Netherlands (Thank you, brother Pim!!) we now have 26 tracks for the CD.

If we split them up the middle right now, that's 13 per CD, with each CD averaging right about 40 minutes...

Although I suppose that it'd be fine to finish them right now, we do totally have room for more music! It'd be nice to get like four, maybe six, even eight more tunes to fill out these discs.

Anybody else have a tune they'd like to submit?

I thought about suggesting that maybe we could drop in a few second tunes by people who've already contributed, but upon reflection I'm not inclined to think that's such a great idea...

Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on sequencing. Considering the extreme diversity of musical styles, I'm not sure that it makes sense to try and organize them a logical flow - I'm of the opinion that it'll end up jumping all over the place no matter what...which is kinda cool, if you ask me! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The easiest things for us to do is sequence them by A) order of submission, which is basically the order that they're in on the site, B) alphabetical by song title, or C) alphabetical by artist. How do y'all feel about these options? Do you have any other ones that you'd like to suggest? If left on my own, I'd probably lean towards alphabetical by song title...

Lemme hear what you think!

dB

Spilt and sequenced as I proposed above, the two discs would look like this:

VOLUME I

1) A Long Way From Home

2) AfterShock

3) Angel of the Odd

4) Balthazar

5) Fugue in Am (Prophet Fugue)

6) Highway

7) Ive seen the Future

8) Identity Crisis

9) Issimo

10) Its Over

11) July 4th

12) Kellys Garden

13) Mountains of Love

VOLUME II

1) Notes

2) On a Tangent

3) On the Skidz

4) Right Here Somehow

5) Seven Corners

6) Standing in the Rain

7) Starstruck

8) Swept Away

9) The Blue Light is Back

10) The Isles Shall Wait

11) The Light Of Valhalla

12) Waves and Particles

13) Xample

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

A) order of submission, which is basically the order that they're in on the site

dB

I really don't want to be last (I know I'm be selfess) but maybe those that responded quickly & promptly should be rewarded. I have the cover 98% completed. Dan was going to make a site it can be posted to. I might be able to figure out how to make it appear in this thread. Please advise. - Steve

Steve

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Dan was going to make a site it can be posted to. I might be able to figure out how to make it appear in this thread. Please advise. - Steve

Sorry, I just checked my mail. As soon as I read it, I'll get back to you guys. - Steve

Steve

Been busy the last few days entertaining guests (and going on vacation to Brazil next week WOOHOO.....) so let me catch up a little.

I'd go for the idea of the alphabetical song title. And I agree, the flow will be strange no matter what, and that will be the cool thing about it. I think having one tune per person is the best and most democratic, this way we get a sampling of everyone's style. I'm still in awe about the diversity of styles we have, and the quality of the work.

As far as the art, I like the idea of the dowloadable pdf. I spoke with a friend of mine who suggested the exact same thing. I figure you can always get it printed a KINKO's or something on a glossy paper and have it look nice.

And, as much as I would love to see mention on keyboard mag (how cool is that). I'm dying to get a hold of this CD. As a total amateur musician, this is quite an experience for me.

So that it's clear for everyone, once we get to it, we should post instruction about what to do, ie

(1) If you're in list 1 send cd to Dave/Dan, whoever

(2) Send you info to Steve, etc.

Keep up the good work guys. I'll try to keep checking the posts while I'm down in Brazil next 2 weeks.

Rod

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by b_3guy:

I really don't want to be last (I know I'm be selfess) but maybe those that responded quickly & promptly should be rewarded.

Last? Whaddaya mean, last? You'd be the Grand Finale!!!

dB

\

The easiest things for us to do is sequence them by A) order of submission, which is basically the order that they're in on the site.

Lemme hear what you think!

dB

I vote for "A - order of submission"

...that would at least be be some small reward for those who's early submissions got this thing rolling.

steadyb

p.s. If we're going alphabetical (not my first choice), I'd like to re-title my song "Aaaaa So"

Last? Whaddaya mean, last? You'd be the Grand Finale!!!

dB

I'm just checking behind my ears. Nope I'm not wet behind my ears! I think submission order is good.

Steve

The cover is finished. I can't figure out how to post the cover in this thread. Dave can you give me instructions or point them out to me. Or can Dan point out a site we can upload this to.

------------------

Steve

Steve

So...

Anybody else have a tune they'd like to submit?

dB

So Dave... how much "keyboard" does there have to be on the song? I've just finished a song that has a keyboard part... but the melody lines are all guitar... It's kinda a jazzy, latin-ish thing...

Am I wasting my time in making an mp3 and sending it to you?

After all, I'm still a

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

originally posted by b_3guy:

I'm just checking behind my ears. Nope I'm not wet behind my ears!

...sigh...what can I say? It was the best that I could do on short notice... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Okay, well then let's try it by order of submission, which would look like this:

VOLUME I

1) Balthazar

2) AfterShock

3) On The Skidz

4) Angel of the Odd

5) Notes

6) Xample

7) Highway

8) The Light Of Valhalla

9) Fugue in AM (Prophet Fugue)

10) The Isles Shall Wait

11) Kellys Garden

12) July 4th

13) Identity Crisis

VOLUME II

1) Ive Seen the Future

2) Seven Corners

3) Starstruck

4) Its Over

5) Issimo

6) Mountains of Love

7) Standing in the Rain

8) The Blue Light is Back

9) Swept Away

10) On a Tangent

11) Right Here Somehow

12) Waves and Particles

13) A Long Way From Home

Do we like this better?

dB

Okay, well then let's try it by order of submission,

Do we like this better?

dB

Yes. I feel like such a whiner. Got any cheese. I would like some cheese with my whine. How do get the cover into this thread?

Steve

I KNOW I'm being stubborn but damn I still like the idea of a Double CD rather than two volumes...obviously I'll have to be happy with whatever the majority chooses on this but I'll keep whining about it anyway.

Order of Submission strangely enough seems to have a better flow musically as I play the songs in my head...maybe it's because that's the way the tunes were first presented to me and I've been very excited by that presentation.

Just imagine holding in your hand 2 CDs of music in one Comp...the weight of it...so compact...so full of music...all titled Volume 1, Disc 1&2

What if I buy the double Cases? They're the same thickness as a regular CD case.

Wow, this is amazing. I can get a website up & running in about 4 minutes, but I can't figure out where you get info to post an image in this thread. For those that are interested you can look at the cover for Volume 1 here

http://ca.geocities.com/b_3guy/index.html

I do have another keyboard painting, similar in style, that I can make in a cover for Volume 2. Comments????

------------------

Steve

Steve

The directions on how to import a graphic can be found on the reply page - there's that little line that says "UBB Code is ON" right over the smilies legend. Click on it, and you'll find the directions on how to import an image, and a few other fun UBB tricks.

It looks really cool, Steve...

dB

COVER IS GREAT !!

I guess it should include the URL to the MP3 Web Site or mention something about MUSIC PLAYER.COM; It came from here, right?

Anything like "Music Player.Com presents THE KEYBOARD CORNER Compilations"

Regarding the CREDITS:

1) What about having EXACTLY the same back cover in both CD's? The single back cover should mention the credits for songs of both CD's.

So if anoyone has only CD 1 will be curious about having CD 2 and viceversa.

2) CREDITS Format:

VOLUMEN 2

x) NAME OF THE TRACK

Name of Author / Country of Origin / Artist E-Mail

NickName at Forum

Music Publisher, if required

Example:

7) STANDING IN THE RAIN

Gustavo G Lozada, MEXICO, GusTraX@yahoo.com

GusTraX

TraX Musik, Mexico

EXCELLENT, Excellent work, gentlemen...

So proud of being here.

------------------

Gustavo G Lozada

Moderador de:

MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

"La voz en Español en Música y Tecnología"

GusTraX @yahoo.com

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by GusTraX:

COVER IS GREAT !!

I guess it should include the URL to the MP3 Web Site or mention something about MUSIC PLAYER.COM; It came from here, right?

Anything like "Music Player.Com presents THE KEYBOARD CORNER Compilations"

I'm glad somebody else brought this up, although it's someone who is affiliated with musicplayer.com, but I think that before the musicplayer.com logo goes on, there should be sponsorship fee paid. I also think that Keyboard Mag should be approached. Maybe manufacturers or music store chain. With the Heavy Hitters who participate in this Forum, they must know the right people. Then we could even get the CD's produced & manufactured properly to take the load off Dave & Dan, etc. Its a lot easier to get sponsorship now with something to show.

Thanks Gus for your praise! (P.S. You're are now the audio software/plugin guru by the sound of your tune.)

------------------

Steve

Steve

Archived