Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner Compilation???

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

Yo! Is this thing keyboard players only or what?

How about recording engineers and Trombone

players? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Valky

Yes, but yours has to be a video.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by valkyriesound:

OK.. I'll start working on it...anyone

what to help? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Jeff???? Dan??? Dave????????????????

Just remember, only one entry per member.

DB:

A clarificaton. Does it need to be original material? I thought you said so, but I am not sure. I need a little time to write something. Should have it done next week.

Thx,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

This message has been edited by Tusker on 05-25-2001 at 07:27 AM

On MP3.com...the site has still not been cleared by them.

Perhaps you've missed the multiple posts in which I've been complaining that they haven't approved the site yet? This is still the case...consequently, there's nothing to see until they do.

I check it every day - please be assured that I will post the URL the moment that it clears. Thanks for your patience...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Perhaps you've missed the multiple posts in which I've been complaining that they haven't approved the site yet?

dB

Sorry, I just misunderstood them. I wasn't trying to give anyone a hard time.

steadyb

Pretty funny...

Yeah, the Premium Members are the folks who pay the MP3.com people something like $20 a month. I don't do that.

At this point I'm almost positive that I'm being given a demonstration of the disadvantages of not doing so...not only is the Keyboard Corner site STILL not active, but a single piece of music that I posted to my other already active site has still not cleared...this only used to take two, maybe three days, and that one has been in the queue for well over a week as well.

Suck factor is high... http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/angry/xxbah.gif

dB

I'm finishing a tune that I'd love to submit as my entry for the compilation. I would like to record it for keyboard and percussion. Problem is, given my schedule, I don't think I'll be able to do it before a couple of weeks, maybe even a few days more.

Will I be still in time? Is there a deadline yet? If I don't have this time, I'm going to recycle something else from my archives; but I would like for sure to be in the first bunch of submissions with a tune specially composed for the occasion. Dave?

Originally posted by marino:

Will I be still in time? Is there a deadline yet? If I don't have this time, I'm going to recycle something else from my archives; but I would like for sure to be in the first bunch of submissions with a tune specially composed for the occasion. Dave?

No problem, my friend. Try and get it to me by the end of June if you can, okay?

dB

Wouldn't it be cool if you (dB) started one Topic for each song you post on the mp3-site?. That way, it would be so much easier discussing them, which I assume is the purpose of it all?.

/d-kay

This message has been edited by d-kay on 06-01-2001 at 07:20 AM

Thanks to Cameron Bobro for his submission! We're now up to 5 tunes, although only two of them have cleared.

Cleared? No! He doesn't mean...

Yes that's right...the MP3 police have finally released our site from incarceration...we have been approved, and the site is available!

Check it out!!!

The JPEG that I gave 'em still hasn't made it yet, though...

As of right now, even though I have five songs in the queue, only mine and (B_3guy) Steve Jordan's tunes are available for download. Apparently, they take about two weeks to clear before they show up, so those of you who have sent me tunes, be patient - they'll show up.

Keep 'em coming, people...

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Wouldn't it be cool if you (dB) started one Topic for each song you post on the mp3-site?. That way, it would be so much easier discussing them, which I assume is the purpose of it all?

Do you guys like this idea?

dB

Yeh Dave, it's a good idea. BTW, I checked out the first 2 songs and they are real cool. Can't wait to hear the rest. I've bookmarked the page....

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

http://www.f7sound.com

Wouldn't it be cool if you (dB) started one Topic for each song you

post on the mp3-site?. That way, it would be so much easier discussing

them, which I assume is the purpose of it all?

Do you guys like this idea?

Yeah I think this is a good idea as long is everyone is nice when discussing each others music. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

A discussion is cool, although I really don't want it to be just nice things being said about the tracks. Don't get me wrong. When somebody says good things about my tracks, it really makes me feel good & I can't wait to get back to doing some more. When somebody says something bad, it does hurt. But it makes me do better things in my tracks. It makes me correct future stuff. It makes me better. I tend to think of it as constructive critism.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

A discussion is cool, although I really don't want it to be just nice things being said about the tracks. Don't get me wrong. When somebody says good things about my tracks, it really makes me feel good & I can't wait to get back to doing some more. When somebody says something bad, it does hurt. But it makes me do better things in my tracks. It makes me correct future stuff. It makes me better. I tend to think of it as constructive critism.

I must say, I agree fully with Steve here.

Additionally, the original idea was for me to post everything that I receive on to MP3.com, and then for us to discuss and vote on which ones we are going to make the final CD (if we do end up trying to make one). So, we're gonna have to get somewhat critical at some point, aren't we?

Besides - artistic endeavors are created to the taste of the artist, even if the artist is specifically attempting to create a commercially viable product; and, as many people have different tastes, it is pretty much guaranteed that some folks will like some stuff, and some folks will not. That doesn't necessarily speak to whether it's "good" or not, does it? If you think that it will make you feel bad to have someone say that they do not like your work, it might be a better idea not to post it.

Okay, if no one objects, I'll begin posting individual threads as soon as a few more of the tunes clear MP3's version of Ellis Island.

dB

So, we're gonna have to get somewhat

critical at some point, aren't we?

Oh Absolutely...I didn't mean not to be critical when I said "nice," I just know that SOME people (not necessarily on this forum) can be very mean and not constructive at all. I think everyone should welcome constructive criticism even though it may hurt a little sometimes. But mean insults really suck...I just think people should keep that in mind when putting together comments.

Personally...I've been around far too long and have a very thick skin...I've also had a lot of bad reviews of some of the music I've made because I try so many different things (EX: instruments I haven't really mastered)...I've gotten used to it and have actually learned to enjoy harsh opinions of my work.

Sorry 'bout the long post but I thought it necessary to define what I meant my nice.

Well, I'm a fairly experienced reviewer, and I'd be happy to send some thoughts about the compilation material (for examples of my reviewing style, see www.stashmagazine.com in The Music Room)

I'd also like to contribute a song for the compilation. I'm reworking a composition of mine and I'll post you a link to it when it's ready (so I don't clog your email) Hopefuly will be ready sometime today...

As to non PAS sites being approved, expect it to take 2 weeks per song. (In my wife's case it ran about 16 days on average) Trust me on this. They do that on purpose to encourage PAS membership. As a PAS, I typically get songs approved in less than 24 hours. That's the big bummer about the compilation site, it's gonna take forever to get things approved.

------------------

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator"

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Archived