Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I saw this thread and figured it would be a great place to post some of my stuff. You can check it out at www.myspace.com/blacktomorrow

I figure this would be a great place to get some good criticism. Let me know what you think, and be totally honest here. If you think it sucks, I want to know, but so far I've gotten some good reviews. Keep in mind my mp3 encoder isn't very good, so that may detract from the sound quality a bit... e-mail me at black_tomorrow@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

First album out by guitarist Jean Côté & the psychic who finds missing children of Child Search/Enfant Recherche, who appeared on J.E. en direct - TVA, Montreal & Save Our Souls TV-Asahi, Tokyo Robert Lindblad on keyboards.

To have a listen click here:

http://www.bluetracks.ca/index.php/bluetracks/category?srch=Robert+Lindblad&srch_type=0&initialized=0&oid=&rev=&action=0&sid=f61cfc6b0bb1de8682d75f14591b6c2e&x=42&y=10

To view the television appearances click here:

http://childsearchpsychic.tripod.com

The psychic who finds missing children

I'm currently working on a fusion rock project and none of the tunes are close to finished or produced yet. However, if you want a taste of something I wrote just yesterday that pays homage to Herbie Hancock, then visit:

www.myspace.com/stevehughesmusic

It's the first track- "Doin it Ole Skool"

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo :)

After 2 years of work my CD is on CD Baby. It has been an hard work, all synth sounds used don't come from presets but from specifically built modular patches on the Creamware Modular. A lot of electronics but also acoustic and electric instruments.

Please have a look:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/damoranatale

Thanks, :D

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

• 4 weeks later...

Under the guidance of those greater than myself, i have decided to to this the orthodox way. :D I plugged my Kawai MP4 into Garageband (direct audio this time :idea: ), and recorded my own, yet from what i hear "incorrect" interpretation of the piano postlude from "Layla". Also, there is a track that had a really funky sound, which i found by complete accident in my trying to use unorthodox methods of audio connection. :freak: I hope you guys enjoy hearing these experiments of a kid with too much time, and i hope you all can teach me how to be a better player. Thanks!

http://www.myspace.com/thestonecutterexperiment

"Stimulate the phagocytes."

-George Bernard Shaw

Ok, here is a tune....

Its not quite done...actually looking for advice on the beginning and ending. The mix isn't complete either but I'd welcome your comments.

Mike\'s Song

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mike, I listened to it a couple of times and the only thing I can suggest is perhaps something like an early Rippingtons beginning (can try to dig out an example if you are interested.)

However, I really dig your tune as-is and if all you did were fade-in and out the song would be complete.

Regards.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

That sounds great, Mike! I know just what Steve is talking about and it's a fantastic idea. I'd run with that one. Another thing that you could do , if you want to try, would be a shorter snare sound. think of a two bar pattern and use a shorter snare for one bar and again on two of the next bar...on 4 use what you've got and maybe a little 1/8 note of predelay on a verb. It might make the track bounce a little more. But really, what you've got sounds good. Love the pads and lead stuff. What'd ya use???

Linwood,

THanks for the comments, I'll see what I can change up with the drums sounds.

Gear used:

Lead and bass - K2600

"ah" resonant pad - FS1R

Synth Brass - MKS70

Background pad - JD990

16th note filtered part - Motif ES

Drums - ACID 6.

I have another song, thats all soft synth, this one is all hardware.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out about www.putfile.com from a poster in another thread, so I put 3 of my old songs up there.

Three audio clips. I made the audio clips 9 years ago using an old Yamaha YPR-30 and Cakewalk for multiple tracks (I only used 2 tracks max). The songs were written off the top of my head as I was playing them...pretty much just an exercise in improvisation. Two of them deal with a typical blues progression, so no big deal. I was decently happy with how they turned out at the time. I'm a bit better of a player now though after playing with a band for a while -- makes one better.

Try them here if you dare - http://www.putfile.com/stepay

My band has a 25-second video clip of us playing Statesboro Blues here - http://mlcprojectblues.tripod.com (then go to the photos and audio page).

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"