Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reaching Out - Music composition / recording

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan:

The lead vocal take that we think is a keeper is here: www.ipass.net/davesisk/music/song4/Reach_VoxTake3_Mono.shn

It's a 16-bit/44.1KHz mono track...should match right up with everything from Hoop!

I've cleared my mailbox now...sorry folks!

Hoop, have you done a new sample mix yet? Is it the same name as the old one?

Thanks!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Here is a slightly updated demo mix. It includes Dave's latest lead vocal and the guitar tracks are cleaned up a little bit. Drums and bass are the same tracks as the previous sample demo but are a little more up front in the mix. This mix is completely sync compatible with the previous GuideTrack and DemoMix.

http://www.abjconstruction.net/files/ReachNewDemoMix2.mp3

I'm here.

Hooper, sorry it's been so delayed. I just got your PM about two hours ago. Life has really dealt some ugly hands for me lately, and yesterday added a new one. Right now, I kind of feel like the universe is standing on my shoulders and pulling on my head.

I've got drum tracks done. Added a tambourine.

I'll be Shortening these files tonight. All discrete tracks.

Now, we're leaving town tomorrow afternoon for four days; heading up to the valley for some "low-civilization" time. One of two things is gonna happen:

1) I'll manage to get to the Apple store before I leave tomorrow and borrow their T1 line to upload the files to my website, or

2) I'll use the satellite internet connection at the valley house to upload them; there, if the upload times are longer than normal (usually surprisingly fast), it doesn't matter...I can 'set it and forget it', for a while. It's not like I'll be trying to cram tons-o-megs down a 56k pipeline.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Okay...

I've got 144 megs of Shortened files. As I don't have enough space on my website to handle this, I'll have to upload some files, wait until you've gotten them downloaded, dump, then add some more.

Either that, or someone can point me to A) an FTP site, and B) an FTP client that works on Mac OS10.2.xxx (Jaguar) [it's what's on the machine there, sorry].

Originally posted by offramp:

Okay...

I've got 144 megs of Shortened files. As I don't have enough space on my website to handle this, I'll have to upload some files, wait until you've gotten them downloaded, dump, then add some more.

Either that, or someone can point me to A) an FTP site, and B) an FTP client that works on Mac OS10.2.xxx (Jaguar) [it's what's on the machine there, sorry].

Check yer PM's

Checked.

I use Cyberduck here, but it won't work on less than 10.3, in my experience; last time I had to get tracks to a server (for #2), I had a hell of a time with that. Had to get something else...Fetch, I think. Process wasn't very smooth.

Hey guys... I've had difficulty due to Lilly being sick and several work related issues. If you're still gathering information I can have some shortened files delivered on Saturday or Sunday. I'm finishing the tracks today. (Lilly got through the flu only to get strep on the tail end, so I'm home. I'd really like to hear some of the other tracks as the 12 string, dulcimer or acoustic parts I've been toying with are deliberately more articulate than the strumming, but I don't want them to interfere with either the bass line or percussion.

I'll try and download C.Alexander Claber's bass line from home. But on dial-up... well, we'll see what I get in a few hours. :rolleyes:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Checked.

I use Cyberduck here, but it won't work on less than 10.3, in my experience; last time I had to get tracks to a server (for #2), I had a hell of a time with that. Had to get something else...Fetch, I think. Process wasn't very smooth.

Hmmm ok - you tried interarchy?

Hoop - have started work on some keys - going to do a piano line plus an organ line or something...

Okay...

As per my usual luck, I get down/up here, and the 'net connection--despite being a sat thing and usually quite speedy--is slower than my 56k at home. :rolleyes:

It's now almost 11:30 p.m., and the sucker is FINALLY moving normally; the hi-hat track has about 8 minutes left to load. SO... I'll be loading the rest of the tracks up tonight. They're going onto nursers' server. Which, I guess, would make that 'today', in nursers' world. With any kind of luck, everything will be there by Sunday morning for US, Monday morning for AU.

Hooper: I was actually hoping you'd love my tracks, so maybe I should re-do them? "like" seems so... I dunno. Did I miss something? Did I not 'get it' somewhere? Not offended if I didn't...I've been out of the loop for awhile, in terms of hipness.

Hooper: I was actually hoping you'd love my tracks, so maybe I should re-do them? "like" seems so... I dunno. Did I miss something? Did I not 'get it' somewhere? Not offended if I didn't...I've been out of the loop for awhile, in terms of hipness.

Offramp:I mean I really like the drums!

Heck, I LOVE 'em. :freak:

:cool:

Dan - I have uploaded two files to same ftp location as offramp's - it's two piano parts (left and right hands - don't ask). I'd be lying if I said I was happy with the tracks but see what you think. Will try to get an organ part done on the weekend....

Ok...

I didn't see anyone working on electric guitar, so I took the initiative to add a pad-like clean guitar (It reminds me of calm seas.), some distorted guitar and the dulcimer.

If someone would let me know where I can upload these tracks to I'll have them in tomorrow. (I have to do this at work. High speed connection.)

I don't have a an FTP space that can handle more than a few meg of files, and I don't know what the limits are on my email, but as big as the files will be I can't imagine they'll manage that way, even as shortened files.

I'll be waiting....

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Looking forward to working on this with everyone.

One question though: What kind of time frame are we looking at to get the song done in?

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Archived