Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami Song 1 - Time Scale

Guys

I know it may seem i am pushing here but for us to get enough intrest in the song(s) we need to get moving on getting them down.

I have therefore set a deadline for 24 hours as of now and i know Bunny and Phil will try and do the mixing as soon as they can get their hands on all contributions.

Please guys, its getting pretty close to more poeple suffering and i dont want to see that happening as you dont and its not only hot out there but also very close to people getting no food, medicine or water and people are suffering now.

I am really concerned here about the whole situation in the region.

I do however, have to thank everyone of you for the time you are giving up and also for sticking around to help out.

I really appreciate it and i am sure we will all be signing a sigh of releif when we have some cash to give to the people who can really push this for the better and on the back of all our efforts and for the better to.

Good on you guys, your all my heros! :thu:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said Shars. I just had the pleasure of talking to both Bunny and Phil on the phone, and they are both really committed, just need the tracks from each of you. Bunny is working as we speak on a click track for us all to work from and is also willing to fill in any instrumentation we don't come up with.

So keep on checking in here for when the click track is available :thu::thu:

D ...A ...Bm ...E...

Em... A... F#m...G . A (G & 2 A 3 & 4 &)

D... A... Bm... E...

G... A... D... D...

Chorus...

G . G/F# A...

D . D/C# Bm. Bm/A

E ... A... F#m... G.G/F#

Em... A... Bm... E...

G... E... G... A...

Repeat.

I've gotta go look at my Roland 707 to get the bpm. But, there's gotta be one click track.

Actually, the lyric needs to be finalized first.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Changing the tempo of the click will take me a while, and my power might go out tonight in this storm. I think the song should be uplifting, anyway. Bittersweet? The tempo I used in the "click track" is exactly 133 bpm in PTLE.

Gotta go eat dinner. Back soon, if possible.

Originally posted by forceman:

Someone posted they thought the tempo should be slowed down (more "space" for various styles (reggie was mentione, IIRC).

Yeah, that was me. Of course only the bass players agreed with me.

:D

I really don't know what to put here.

I'm going to get started on my end really soon...now that I have the lyric and all. I'll be contributing vocals and 12 string Ric. You others can do the rest of the guitar stuff.

You can fight over the solo if you want. I would suggest if we have a lot of folks who want it, to do a "country" division on it. In rock songs, typically one person covers the whole solo. In country, they split it up, say on a I-IV-V progression, the electric will take the I, the fiddle will come in on the IV, and the pedal steel will finish it back from the I-V etc. We can do this with electric guitars. I don't want more than one time through the progression, though, we don't need to make this an epic jam-a-thon. (unless we do it live at some big festival or something) :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hello all. Shars and I have been working on the press release, we have a question.

For a contact person (media contact), do you think it would be better to have a "voice of FOF", answering all media questions, or do you think various people in different locations, sharing the script, would work better?

The "one voice" concept promises that all questions should get the same answers, but almost guarantees the voice will be unavailable to some world press, at some times, due to time zones.

Additionally some smaller media outlets (local radio, for example) may be leery of making international calls to chase actualities.

Alternatively, different "local Faces of Friendship" would both afford more availability for comment, and put a "local face" on the effort we are making. However, we need to assure that these voices are committed to the cause AND on-call, so to speak, available for approved comment.

We will try to direct as much attention as possible to the website and emails, but, I guarantee you, if/when/as this grows, we will be contacted for comment. This could actually be a good idea, if we can manage it, having voices to call TV and Radio outlets for interviews.

Or, we could put together some voice bits, an actuality package also available for the media to download.

Shars and I had discussed the idea of the US having regional Faces (East, MidWest, West), and England and Australia having their respective Faces (shars, nursers maybe).

Ideas?

Thanks all.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I agree, it would be much better to have musical participants available to comment, whether or not they are the designated local voice.

So, as I see it, that would be...

East- Me, I guess

MidWest- Steve (forceman)

West- Sounds like Phil is way too busy to do it. Anyone?

UK-Shars, maybe Chris_C

Australia- Nursers

Other faces/regions?

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

We'll see what shars says wrawb, its her field!i'll be happy to, but i get the feeling that shars has the 'gift of the gab', so to speak! we'll see what she says!! :cool:

I think the photos are a good idea, everyone in their equipment etc. Is everyone ontop of this? I have one, but i sure don't want to be the only one with a photo on the site. Its everyone or noone IMO.

ok as it approaches 24hrs since i wrote to the BBC regarding permission, just to say they haven't got back to me yet, so a bit on tenter hooks with that one!

..-I take it this version due tonight will be the final one? Then are we ready to sellsell, or is this version to let our co-companies hear and help us out?

Lastly: I'd love to hear from bunny, foxtic (or Phil) :wave:

Very lastly: its up to over 125,000. very, very sad news. :(

Originally posted by Tedster '05:

I'm going to get started on my end really soon...now that I have the lyric and all. I'll be contributing vocals and 12 string Ric. You others can do the rest of the guitar stuff.

You can fight over the solo if you want. I would suggest if we have a lot of folks who want it, to do a "country" division on it. In rock songs, typically one person covers the whole solo. In country, they split it up, say on a I-IV-V progression, the electric will take the I, the fiddle will come in on the IV, and the pedal steel will finish it back from the I-V etc. We can do this with electric guitars. I don't want more than one time through the progression, though, we don't need to make this an epic jam-a-thon. (unless we do it live at some big festival or something) :D

I did wanky rock solos. I was planning on doing a chimy Gretsch rhythm track but I figured Tedster would use his Rick 12 and nothing beats that sound. I also thought about doing a twangy country solo as well but had some technical difficulties last night and barely got done what I did. I could possibly lay down another track or two tonight now that everything seems to be working. I wanted to get something in though to allow Bunny and Phil to get mixin'.

Archived