Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami Song 1 - Time Scale

My take on this is that both myself and Chris are reps in the UK on this one because the DEC is co-ordinated from the UK and if need be, we can both show a united front.

As for the gift for the gab, beleive it or not, I am a really shy person and shy away from pictures and publicity but on this occasion will bite bullet and do what I have to do to get the money flowing in for this cause.

I think as forthe BBC and certain other media groups, when we release the mind-blowing, thought provoking Press release, thats when we will see the media get involved.

Theres nothing online about this at all and no web-presence, they are more inclined to make sure its not a hoax so to speak so we hit them when everything is together.

I wouldn't worry to much about the media or the people we are expecting to get back to us so we go it alone and kick butt along the way.

If it means that we get in some endoresments for this via big shots, we do it!

We will see.

I am so hoping we have something to get online tonight and the sooner the better I think as the figures as to how many are suffering are outrageously over what we all expected and they are rising.

Lets keep ourselves focused and work hard on this.

I am prepared to work all night if need be on this and we cant do much until we have the song in our hands to push so we have to wait till Phil and the guys are ready to mix down and release over to us.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shars:

My take on this is that both myself and Chris are reps in the UK on this one because the DEC is co-ordinated from the UK and if need be, we can both show a united front.

As for the gift for the gab, beleive it or not, I am a really shy person and shy away from pictures and publicity but on this occasion will bite bullet and do what I have to do to get the money flowing in for this cause.

Same goes for me, :o:cool: But i am willing to put myself out also!

Ok, consider me a rep.

What do I do again? :rolleyes::D

Not to speak for Shars (or anyone), but...

You (and the other local faces) could get together a list of local media outlets, and, if possible, contact info (emails, fax #s, etc) for each. I have been gathering info on the local NYC outlets, the AP, etc. But you know best what are the popular stations in your area, where best to target. Let's get a big list!

You don't have to do the mailing, but any and all outlets we can get together are going to be good.

Thanks... :)

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Chris is working on UK ones now, I have an idea as to overcome the payment thing on the site.

We basically have the page for the DEC on the payments page which is secure anyway and when people have donated, they are then directed to the download page to get their MP3.

That way, the donation is made directly to the DEC and not us so we are not liable for tax and we just give them their song.

Hows that sound?

We can also ask people to email in with the amount they have givern sowe can total it up as we go along...just an idea.

Phait may be able to advice here I hope

Tedster, the "Country division" of the solos is a good idea... I would suggest that everyone who wishes to submit a solo do the entire solo, but phrase it in one chord "blocks" for easier editing by us here in the studio... IOW, go ahead and play the entire length of the solo, but be aware that we might only use part of your solo, and phrase with that in mind. :)

Shars, that works.

I am now also investigating services that will distribute the release for us stateside, they can target certain areas or groups for us.

There may be some of these in your backyard too. Could you see what you can find?

Thanks...

Peace,

wraub

I'm not big on the publicity thing either, but if there is a need, I would be happy to answer questions from the press. I'd rather do it via the phone (where I'm fairly comfortable and reasonably eloquent) but if I HAD to do "in person interviews", I guess I could bite the bullet and do so. I just don't photograph very well, and I'm not so sure you guys would want my ugly mug on the tele representing all of you. :)

Shars is much better looking. :)

Great! At some point, we need to consolidate all our lists into a whole.

I have limited resources here, I should have more available later.

Peace,

wraub

Great stuff Wraub so everyone can take certain agencies to mail the release to so we dont do it double.

Phil, all the pictures I have seen of you are great and like you, i am not a phote person at all let alone a public person.

I feel easier face though rather than on the phone where I get all screwie and just mumble!

:o

honestly i turn my back for five minutes.. taken me ages to catch up on all th enew posts! :D

like shars said, yeah i've been staring at this screen now, trauling webpages for a while, but we should have a pretty mean list together by the end of this to bombard peple with!!

most of them are 'letter to editor' email addys. hpe thats ok. most palces don't give too much option though.

And yeah, I hope we don't have to give face to face interviews. I can just see it now.. me and Shars on Parkinson and the Jonathon Ross show.. AARRGH nnooo! :eek::D Phil and bunny on Lettermans, and Nursers on.. whatever they have in australia. :freak:

Hey folks,

Awake again this end.

Happy to do media etc. I already have contacts for major newspapers etc, justr waiting on a copy of the media release from Wraub :thu:

Guys

Lets start getting the lists of contacts in one place so if everyone send me their lists, i can then get the press release sorted and ready to go to a list at a time.

We may get inundated with emails so I Nursers has said that we can all split the answering of mail between us.

Alos I will get the release form sorted today and post it up here for you all to add your names to and then I'll print out and keep it safe.

Right. marning all.

i've just woken up, made a VERY strong coffe.. and ready for another day in front of the screen!

definately going to take a break from computers after this!

Shars I spoke to Wraub last night when you were in bed, he says we should make the list as concise as poss, break it up into sections in order of 'realistic-ness', 'music genre', 'last resorts', rpess-televisio-radio that kind of thing.

So thats on my to-do list for today.. what do you think? Then we can compile the list with Americas and Australias.

I could hardly sleep last night thinking that this could be on british radio by maybe monday!? :freak:

I agree Chris.

We firstly need everyone to send in info and then we can compile all the lists and split them.

I couldn't sleep either as the song was going round in my head all night.

I just want to get it out as soon as we can and start getting some dosh in quickly for the cause.

Alos, i was thinking we should have a list of all the names and skills of the people involved so we need that today to send to Phait for the website.

Bumping this up.

Today is the deadline we were hoping to release website and song by.

I know the site is almost ready.

Phait please get intouch with me and Nursers as to progress.

Phile and guys, hows it going? I can imagine how busy you all are and appreciate this.

Any progress reports would be great as we need to send the press releases today.

thx guys

Originally posted by Shars:

Bumping this up.

Today is the deadline we were hoping to release website and song by.

I know the site is almost ready.

Phait please get intouch with me and Nursers as to progress.

Phile and guys, hows it going? I can imagine how busy you all are and appreciate this.

Any progress reports would be great as we need to send the press releases today.

thx guys

Ditto to what Shars said - the website looks superb thanks to Phait :thu:

As far as the track itself, even if we are able to say the file will be available within 24 hours on the media release that would be superb.

Thanks Nursers.

I want to beable to offer something to the families and friends of those that died that has some hope and love in it especially with hoax emails going round telling people their loved ones are dead via a reputable news website!

:mad: Sick bastards!

Lets get the website live at some point today and say the song is on its way. At least we can get the donations coming in and send out the press releases.

Archived