Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Marketing / Networking

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bunny.:

I'm happy to work hand-in-hand with Mats on the Swedish page, including daily updates. (NTTAWWT)

OK, can someone please mail the text(s) so that I can translate it?

mats (dot) olsson (at) sfr (dot) se

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Originally posted by Chris_C:

wow nursers tell us how the radio interview went.. dying to hear whats going down at your end!!

Interview still two hours away ;)

Ok - interview completed ;) It went well, they played 'Tears We Share' prior to the interview (the guy who presents the morning show really liked the song and its production values by the way), which was great. Ted, you got a direct plug as I was asked who sang the song

The interview was on the ABC radio, which is our non-commercial station. Coverage is around 330 000/ The details have also been passed onto the state-wide show, which if it comes off has a coverage of around 4 million, Obviously coverage doesn't mean listeners though, although ABC ain't too shabby rating-wise, having about 10% of the market share I think? ;)

man you must've recorded it!!!

did you record it?

you must've.

... recorded it, i mean.

Um, no :( I don't have a tape recorded hooked up to the radio etc. If I get the statewide gig i will set something up to record ;)

Hi all,

Have received the following email:

Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp and composer of the hit song, 'Give A

Little Bit,' is offering his latest version - recorded recently in Germany

with a full orchestra and choir - gratis for use in tsumami relief efforts. He is

currently partnering with UNICEF and the Cartoon Network for a worldwide campaign

reaching 170 million homes, using this song to help with fund-raising. Please

visit his website: www.rogerhodgson.com and let me know if you would be

interested in using this song also. Thank you.

What does everyone think?

How could we use it??? As a freebie on the site? Might be an idea, don't suppose we could let him or his managament know that we are doing that and get a link to the FoF site on his page could we??
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

yeah i saw that mail..

i was thinking last night.. nice as it might be to suggest to take part in the collab forum, why not just take contributions from elsewhere.. other forums, ex-supertramp lads. its that sort of feel, we are not "all out for Musicplayer", we are fundreaisers, and i can't see how getting as many contributers as possible from all over can't help.

i say go for it, have a chat with them!

So if we use his song will he use ours equally?, and both be promoted side by side perhaps? That'd be good!

I say we go ahead and hook up with other musicians (ESPECIALLY BIG-NAME MUSICIANS!) and agree to host their songs on our site! YES!!! It can only help the cause! Please answer YES to this query (I love that word), Nursers! :thu::thu:

Wow, Roger Hodgson! :eek: That's a great song, if you recall! YES!

i was thinking last night.. nice as it might be to suggest to take part in the collab forum, why not just take contributions from elsewhere.. other forums, ex-supertramp lads. its that sort of feel, we are not "all out for Musicplayer", we are fundreaisers, and i can't see how getting as many contributers as possible from all over can't help.

i say go for it, have a chat with them!

So if we use his song will he use ours equally?, and both be promoted side by side perhaps? That'd be good!

I was thinking about what Kylen said on an earlier post about someone from another site wanting to contribute. Yes, this isn't about Musicplayer, but the ability to contribute whoever you are. We should be encouraging this attitude towards giving.

NURSERS, can you please give me a call? I don't have your phone number. :thu:

Heya - no probs will try to call on the weekend (am at work the hours you are awake pretty much).

Regarding the kind offer, is someone happy to reply to the email and talk further?

Originally posted by nursers:

Hi all,

Have received the following email:

Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp and composer of the hit song, 'Give A

Little Bit,' is offering his latest version - recorded recently in Germany

with a full orchestra and choir - gratis for use in tsumami relief efforts. He is

currently partnering with UNICEF and the Cartoon Network for a worldwide campaign

reaching 170 million homes, using this song to help with fund-raising. Please

visit his website: www.rogerhodgson.com and let me know if you would be

interested in using this song also. Thank you.

What does everyone think?

I'd rather have Hodgson record my tune. :D Or at least listen to it. If he emails back, send him a free copy. :D (As if)
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I just sent off an email to Roger Hodgson's production company telling him we'd love to host his song on our website for donations to tsunami relief. I really do think it would be an honor. I'll let you all know if I get a response. :thu:

Check yer emails bunster :thu:

Nursers, your PM inbox is full.

I have a question for ya. What do I enter for our "FTP Host" when I'm trying to FTP the FOF site. I was gonna do an update, but I can't get in. Email me if you need to.

Thanks! :wave:

Heya - sorry about full PM's - now fixed and have replied with FTP info ;)

Archived