Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's write a song for the Tsunami victims!

• 11 months later...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi David,

On this sad day, I wish you much luck with your efforts for Tsunami Relief, and wondered if you can tell me where I can hear the song you've all collaborated on (been reading the first touching posts in this thread but can't find it)

I'm truly doing what I can myself also.

Having written a Tsunami Tribute song on the afternoon of the tragedy, ("As the tidal wave rolled in") it's now linked to a major UK charity, who are building a Childrens Hospital in Sri Lanka.

Full details about the charity are on the Charities page of my website below. The song is now a co-write with the producer in Sweden, Nad Sylvan, and can be heard there.

Maybe you'll be kind enough to check it out.

Best wishes,

Carol.

http://www.boltonsongbank.co.uk

Welcome, Carol! Cool tune, very Phil-Collinsish to me...

I can't believe it's been a year. Such a disaster of global scale, everyone was wondering what they could do. I myself have friends in the Seychelles and Mauritius...and was quite worried. I was happy to hear those islands only sustained minimal damage.

We had people from all over the world contributing to our version. A gal in London was helping with the publicity and was sort of the impetus to get the ball rolling...a guy in Scotland put down an acoustic intro along with a BBC radio clip...Dave in Sydney put down keyboards and helped get the song some airplay in Australia...and a bunch of us Yanks did various and sundry other things to help out.

Our song is called "Tears We Share"...it was a more pop-rock kinda thing. I had a couple unofficial versions on my website, my website crashed and I haven't been able to reload them. The link to the official version is somewhere in this thread...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived