Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gods Of Rock-Team Thread- Please feel free to donate money to help cover our costs!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm here, sort of. :D Last few days have been totally nuts, dealing with getting the CD mastered and the cover art done and all that, plus helping to organize an outdoor concert that we're playing Saturday, plus engineering another album for a client.

So please, as I said several times, although I did sign up it was with the understanding that I would only be available on a pretty limited basis for at least the next month, maybe two (July is starting to fill up too). So that'd be great to have GT3 around to take up some of my slack. :D

I'll be happy to contribute wherever I can, though! Looks like a really great team here! And I'll add my vote for coming up with an original composition ourselves, although I'd be happy to go along with whatever song y'all decide to do (so long as it's within the "no drum machine" clause specified in my contract ;) ).

She's alive!!!!

That's cool Lee, what ever you can do is fine. We're moving kind of slow actually. Considering the idea of starting with a set of lyrics as a starting point, so if you've got any lyrics laying around post them when you get a chance. I usually work the other around, with the music first, so this will be a learning experience for me.

If I get a robot to play my kit, is that still a drum machine?

I was thinking of getting Bender from Futurama in as a ringer. http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/2ACV13/Grabs/pic00016.jpg

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Originally posted by JDL:

So, I guess we're doing a pop/rock song, starting with lyrics.

I like setting a pattern, first.

Try verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-verse-chorus, or what's the formula?

-JDL

That's a standard song, so yeah you can work around that.

Originally posted by Rog:

If I get a robot to play my kit, is that still a drum machine?

I was thinking of getting Bender from Futurama in as a ringer. http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/2ACV13/Grabs/pic00016.jpg

No you can't do that. On the other hand, if you owned a robot yourself, there's no problem, he is a part or the band by default, just as your dog and hamster are.

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Hey guys, I'm here, sort of. :D Last few days have been totally nuts, dealing with getting the CD mastered and the cover art done and all that, plus helping to organize an outdoor concert that we're playing Saturday, plus engineering another album for a client.

So please, as I said several times, although I did sign up it was with the understanding that I would only be available on a pretty limited basis for at least the next month, maybe two (July is starting to fill up too). So that'd be great to have GT3 around to take up some of my slack. :D

I'll be happy to contribute wherever I can, though! Looks like a really great team here! And I'll add my vote for coming up with an original composition ourselves, although I'd be happy to go along with whatever song y'all decide to do (so long as it's within the "no drum machine" clause specified in my contract ;) ).

HEY LEE! Please check into the Fantasy League: TheWewus room over at Brakka.com , if you would, just so we can all be on the same page when neccessary.

I think you have to post in the New Musiplayer members thread on the OPEN MIC forum there and then Brakka will give you access to my private room. I'm not EVEN going to make a joke here. I hope you appreciate that.

Originally posted by TheWewus:

I'm not EVEN going to make a joke here. I hope you appreciate that.

I think we ALL can appreciate that, Mr. Wewus! :D:wave:

Gas! :cool:

In my little old lady's voice at the burger counter:(Where's the B(3)?)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by nursers:

No promises - but I will try re: B3

Otherwise we may need to use synth variety

See what you can do, no rush. We've got two songs in the works, and I'm not even sure if we will need a B3 on those, but it would be great to have that capability, and who knows, if things go well we may go beyond those 2 songs.

Archived