Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gods Of Rock-Team Thread- Please feel free to donate money to help cover our costs!

Here's my team:

JDL

dbunny

nursers

Is There Gas In The Car? Yes

Lee Flier

Rog

looks like I got most of the crazy, fucked up people, who are also good musicians. How'd that happen?

Anyway, I'm working on a game plan. I've got a song we can do, that's a straight ahead, blues-rock type thing, and after that I'm open to suggestions. What I'll do is make a guitar/voice demo and upload it to my MP3.com site and we'll go from there. But.....first thing I need to do is get Lee working on the drum machine programming. Funny huh?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

Here's my team:

JDL

dbunny

nursers

Is There Gas In The Car? Yes

Lee Flier

Rog

looks like I got most of the crazy, fucked up people, who are also good musicians. How'd that happen?

Anyway, I'm working on a game plan. I've got a song we can do, that's a straight ahead, blues-rock type thing, and after that I'm open to suggestions. What I'll do is make a guitar/voice demo and upload it to my MP3.com site and we'll go from there. But.....first thing I need to do is get Lee working on the drum machine programming. Funny huh?

This is GREAT! I'm looking forward to it!

Gas :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

So do we discuss thing thang here in full view of the other teams or do we all go and huddle in a corner?

We're got to write a new song. I think it should be in F :P

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

I don't think so, are you a spy? Get thee gone, foul interloper!

Blues in A, anyone? :D

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

What is Addix doing here? You came so close, man, but just didn't make the grade.

First, I have a song already written that I'd like the people on my team to consider, and then we can write something new, or...........whatever, if someone else on the team has a song they've written, we'll consider that. If you've got something already recorded, that's listenable, upload it somewhere, so the other team members can listen. We do need a site to store files.

Originally posted by nursers:

:wave:

I am happpy to store MP3 files for upload / download etc, but don't have the server space for WAV / AIFF files..

Let me know Wewus if you want me to do that :thu:

YEAH, we might need that. I'll let you know. Isn't this great, after being married for so long we finally get to work together.

Aww ... we HAVE to write something new. I've got some songs I'd love TEAM WEWUS to work on but I thought the point of this was to do something original. Seems we've got a bunch of writers ... lets write!

Cool, although I would like to hear Wewus's song.

Maybe we could record more than one. I agree that writing a new song collaboratively is a great idea, especially for this team.

I'd like to hear a couple of Rog's tunes, also. Is there a link, Rog?

Originally posted by nursers:

:wave:

I am happpy to store MP3 files for upload / download etc, but don't have the server space for WAV / AIFF files..

Let me know Wewus if you want me to do that :thu:

YEAH, we might need that. I'll let you know. Isn't this great, after being married for so long we finally get to work together.
It's certainly got MY juices flowing :)

Originally posted by Rog:

Aww ... we HAVE to write something new. I've got some songs I'd love TEAM WEWUS to work on but I thought the point of this was to do something original. Seems we've got a bunch of writers ... lets write!

A'ight, whatever you guys want to do, I'm flexible. We need some point of departure though. How do you go about writing a song together when no one is in the same place?

Hey there boys... and Lee :wave:

I'm just making the rounds apologizing for the registration troubles over at the Wewus private team forum at brakka.com/forum. Actually, this team has had the best success rate. :wave:

Originally posted by Rog:

A'ight, whatever you guys want to do, I'm flexible. We need some point of departure though. How do you go about writing a song together when no one is in the same place?
Hmmm ... maybe we need some words, a tempo and a key? We could all do some rough recordings and mail them to each other?

After spending many years collaborating using Rocket Network software, I can give some ideas / suggestions on how to get started:

1. We agree on the sort of song we want e.g. thrash polka, and even have a lyric to work from.

2. Lee puts down a starter drum track at the bpm we agree on.

3, Our bass guru, after some discussion on feel / whether its in a minor/major key etc lays down a sample track. Maybe a rough vocal here as well?

4. Then - its open slather, with each of us fulfilling designated roles (keys / guitar etc).

Wewus as the manager has some call on the format but its just one suggestion...

:)

I'm kind of waiting for Lee to check in, because I don't want to start something and then have her nix the idea. We might be adding GT3 to our team, which kind of changes the chemistry.

Here's an idea

We could write in segments, one person writes a verse, another person writes a chorus, another person writes a bridge, another person a guitar solo, etc. That might work, and be interesting. Let's just throw any and every idea out there we can think of in regard to group songwriting and see what we come up with. We need to move this discussion over to WewusLand at Brakka.com

I'm going to re-post what I just said over there.

Just a question - why do we need to move forums? Being from Oz I don't quite get why there has to be secrecy over the actual music creation - given we're all on different teams with different levels of expertise, that is the source of variety isn't it?

It's just easier to have everything in one place. We have our own room there so if you go to that room you know every thread is about our team, instead of having to look through all the threads over here. Also, I like the privacy, no one can tell what we're up to, AND if I need to talk to the other managers, there's a seperate private room for that.

Archived