Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Many Basses Do You Own?

bassdrummer

I own three:

Late 80's Fender P bass with EMG's

Early 80's Ibanez Roadstar II with active EMG's or passive Barts(I have a lot of extra time)

Early 90's Ibanez SR800 with crap Ibanez pickups

and I can't say I like any of them. When I get my Geddy Lee Jazz the other three are going in storage for a long time. Speaking of Jazz basses, my neighbor is selling a 1964 Fender Jazz for all of 500 dollars and it hurts because I can't buy it.

"A is A"-the people of tunagialand

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The suspense is killing me hear....cmon just show me some wal luv
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Originally posted by Phil W:

I don't know guys, they've worked on 2 different computers for me. Try right-clicking on the image icon and clicking show picture. Davio and Musicfiend, I've emailed you the jpgs just in case

Works fine for me, beautiful bass!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I own 5 basses right now. I'll start with the oldest and work up.

1980 Ibanez Roadster fretless 4 string

2003 Dean Edge Q-4 Bartolini

2004 Ibanez SRX705 5 string

2005 Schecter Studio 5 (5 string)

2005 Schecter Elite 5 (5 string)

formerly owned an American Fender P-bass (1979)

The Wal again (image link fixed!)

http://usera.imagecave.com/feilik/basscarpet.jpg

Brazilian Mahogany core with English Olive Ash faces; Indian Ebony fingerboard with Maple faces. (According to a piece of paper I found in the battery compartment)

http://usera.imagecave.com/feilik/bassneck.jpg

Guys sorry about the Wal pictures, I tried uploading the photos to kodak's site and then linking each to the specific jpeg on that site. I guess it's not working. I'll have a trawl through the search topics to see if I can find any advice. I guess I could write a web page and then FTP them to that, I have an ISP - there must be an easier way!

:D:D

My wife gets jealous sometimes!

The cool thing about Wal is that they did extensive work on the electronics for me for free when I visited their workshops.

They did this for me, even though I admitted I bought the instrument second-hand (in 1993) rather than directly from them.

I guess there reputation is that improtant to them!

Ya I understand. I bought my warrick second hand 15 years afters its production and warwick has been amazingly kind, generous, and amiable with me.

I don't even want to think about whered I'd be if a bought a 1990 fender secondhand....

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

• 2 months later...

I have two in my possession. I had a third (an Aslin Dane J - inexpensive) and loaned it to a kid at church because I wasn't using it. After a few months, I told him that I'd like to sell it - either return it to me or buy it (and I gave him a very good price). He said yes. That was April. His mom came up to me in May and asked me if I'd been paid. Haven't heard anything since. He goes away to college soon, so I guess I should give him a call.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Nothing special, but here's my basses. Was lucky finding a really good 60's classic, now upgraded with Ultrajazz P-U's. The other one is a Stuart Spector NS-94 neck-through, my favorite for the moment.

http://tinyurl.com/7ln4b

"Your mind is writing checks your body can't cash"

Archived