Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We have the coolest moderator

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Craig is my bud, [/b][/quote]I knew a guy who had a bud once. He smoked it. [b] [quote] and and the coolest thing is he hasn't cancelled my registration, yet.[/b][/quote]Craig is too nice a guy to do that. Besides, he needs all the people he can get, so that when this forum go to a pay-to-post format he can use the income to buy a new Porsche :) -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

ok so wewus needs some attention today. sorry man i have to go setup for a gig later tonight. come out if you want, its at the fargo legion. i'll comp ya at the door (its $10 cover -too high for fargo bands but the folks still keep coming)

<> It's not that I'm nice, I'm just trying to be consistent. I get to say whatever I want, so should other people. << Besides, he needs all the people he can get, so that when this forum go to a pay-to-post format he can use the income to buy a new Porsche.>> I while ago I did something that passes for market research. It's obvious that people don't want to pay for forums. If it came down to doing pay-to-post or giving up the forum, I'd give it up. It would take way too much energy to try to convince people they want something they clearly don't want. Interesting you should mention cars, specifically Porsches. I've owned two cars in my life. The first was a 1966 VW bug. It finally became impractical in 2001 after a long and productive life. But you can't have a car in Florida without air conditioning, and let me tell ya, windshield wipers that run off 6V don't cut it during torrential rains. No CD player, either!!! So then I bought my second car...a used 2000 VW bug. It is soooo cool!! It's a turbo diesel that runs like a bat out of hell, gets 44 mpg, turns on a dime, and has a great personality. If it lasts as long as the last one, I'll be dead before I need to get another car . I'd take my VW over a Porsche, thank you. Well, unless you have one of those bathtub Porsches from the 50s...

Hey Craig, do you ever have a problem finding gas stations that have diesel? I've been wanting a diesel vehicle for awhile, and will probably eventually burn biodiesel in it, but in the meantime I'm a little concerned about being able to find the stuff, especially on the road. --Lee

I think Craig is so cool I've waited until now to ask what Guitar Center paid him to appear in their despicable "Gear of the Pros" campaign, alongside a bunch of celebrities saying things like, "There is no alternative" and "the guys at the other places are jerks. all the cool people are at the GC". Really Craig! My first trip to this forum was to rake for this one, but I didn't have the heart! Seeing as how you are actually really cool, and do a hell of a lot of good just right here, I thought I could probably say that without hurting your feelings... Rock on! Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

<> Today I found out Line 6 references me in their Filter Modeler manual. I've also heard that "Home Recording For Musicians" appears somewhere in the movie "High Fidelity," but the GC one is new to me. I sure as hell didn't get paid anything, although I have done some seminars at GC (as well as a zillion other stores, though). So tell me...what's the deal?!? Can you email me a scan?

Damn, now I'm wishing I hadn't thrown that in the fireplace! There must be a million copies of that somewhere. Anyone have one and can scan it? I'm not scan-ready anyway. Guess I should have alerted you right away! Sure doesn't make me think any higher of the GC.... But I think more highly than ever of Craig!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Craig is very good. The amount of stuff he can generate is phenomenal, beyond my comprehension. When does he have the time to even see his daughter, let alone know what she's doing? Oly Craig knows. Craig is Cool...Cool is Craig...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

<> Hmmmm...I wonder if they asked me for a quote about the DA7 or something like that...I did write an article for their catalog on digital mixers, but it was pretty standard stuff and certainly didn't feature disembodied heads!!! Actually, that's kind of a creepy concept in itself. Now I REALLY want to see what it looks like. Maybe I have a catalog here I can thumb through...

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]<> Like it does anyone any good! I can't give anyone here a promotion or anything, y'know...[/b][/quote]No, but you do promote goodwill and kindness - something that is often very much in need (but rarely in demand). -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b] It's obvious that people don't want to pay for forums. [/b][/quote]Must have missed that conclusion, though I did see part of the discussion. These forums are profitable for me, not just in knowledge and entertainment, but in money saved and made through off-line contact with posters and lurkers, it figures out to being paid a couple of dollars a post. Didn't see that consensus coming. Hm. Anyway, thanks for running a great forum. -Bobro

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]<> Like it does anyone any good! I can't give anyone here a promotion or anything, y'know...[/b][/quote]I heard you were a record company scout. That's the rumor anyway. Prolly why everyone is so nice. ;)
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]I can't give anyone here a promotion or anything, y'know...[/b][/quote]Oh Master Anderton, you'll have to learn to live with the fact that you have sincere fans and die hard followers. While Not a Brown noser, I'm among them. :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

<> That's a very, very nice thing to say. But from here, I must say the "fans" seem a lot more like "friends." You're a good case in point, Gus. After following your writing in the forums and such, I was really excited when we met. I look forward to posts from the people on this board. You're all stars...some of you have overcome tremendous obstacles, some have served in the military to protect us, some of you teach... Just remember, you guys bring out the best in me. So when you say I'm a cool moderator, make sure you look in the mirror to get the rest of the story.

Craig Anderton has replaced KaZaa as the single source of hope for humanity in my life. :wave: But seriously...I was a fan before I started coming here, and since then I have been impressed with your insightfulness, Craig. You seem to have very well-thought out opinions that reflect real thinking rather that positional dogma. :thu: All that, and you get to be the next generation's Les Paul, too - I'd be pleased to have you at my table any time.

Archived