Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Dad's Day to all of you cool daddies out there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drink up! And don't forget the words of wisdom every father has said in one way or language or another to his son: "Nothing a shot of WD-40 and a bit of duct-tape wouldn't fix!" What's you're favorite Dad quotes? "Nothing is that funny!" "You...you...clown!" (EXACTLY like Krusty the Clown's dad in the Simpsons episode, it could have been a sample) Dad: "Ah...my grandfather...he drank himself to death..." Me: "how old was he?" Dad "only 93..." :D

Some gems from my Dad: "The older I get, the better I was." "When you're working, keep your a!@ behind you." "There's no such thing as a simple project." "It's not a real project until you've gone to the hardware store at least twice. There is no shame in going to the hardware store multiple times." -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

I'm lucky. My wife and boys went out of town yesterday. They'll be coming back in a little while and do something for father's day. My father died when I was just four, so I told my boys I never had the opportunity to celebrate father's day. "You two can make that all up and buy your father a LOT of presents!" They groaned, as they usually do when I open my mouth.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

My natural father died when I was four too. I got lucky and my mom married a guy who turned out to be one hell of a good dad so I had the opportunity ot help celebrate. Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers and Dads.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Thanks and Happy Father's Day to all.We had one helluva storm roll thru here last night.Took out one of my Dad's barns.I have been out this morning salvaging sheet metal picking up bits of shit all over the place.Just stopped to get a bite to eat,thought I would check in with you guys.
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

Yeah - happy day to all us Dad's. I'm very lucky - my Pop and my father-in-law (a great guy) are still hangin' in - had dinner with them today !! My kids got me CDs - Weezer from one, Ben Fold Five (one I didn't have yet) from the other. Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Well I have to boast, I got 2 tickets to "Down from the Mountain", breakfast in bed, and a surf and turf dinner that night. WOWSER!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Happy Father's Day fellas. Best job in the world. One of the best anyway. [quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Is it Father's day in the US? Not until September here :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Nursers, my brother was visiting from Sydney. We felt sorry and made a fuss over him since he was away from his family. But he told us he'll be getting two father's days this year. :) Jerry

Nice Fathers Day - I got a nice card from my stepdaughter, and got to hold my other 2 kids a lot. Then, sat & watched The Negotiator on the tube without getting bothered. :) Simple pleasures... Hope the rest of you Dads had a Happy! :thu:

Great Dads! Happy "POST" to y'alls. I got a shirt and pants, two Tower Records cards totally $75, a book "American Patriots: The story of blacks in the military from the Revolution to Desert Storm", a great dinner, the ability to sit on the sofa with a remote control as long as I pleased without getting looks or comments from my wonderful wife and we watched "Vanilla Sky". A cool day. I'm having a hard time getting out of slug mode now.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

My wife and 2 boys took me camping. Well in reality, I took them camping, but the believed they were taking me camping. It was a lot of fun. We went up to Samuel P. Taylor State Park near Pt. Reyes (Northern California). Some of the highlights: My 1 year old turning into a human dirt ball within 15 minutes of setting up camp. Roasting marshmellows and making smores with my 3 1/2 year old. Building a sand castle at Drake's beach. Cuddling up with said 3 1/2 year old 'cause he kept crawling out of his sleeping bag and getting cold. So much for tent sex. Sleeping in my soft bed last night after 2 nights on a therma-rest in a tent.
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

[quote]Originally posted by Tusker: [b]Happy Father's Day fellas. Best job in the world. One of the best anyway. [quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Is it Father's day in the US? Not until September here :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Nursers, my brother was visiting from Sydney. We felt sorry and made a fuss over him since he was away from his family. But he told us he'll be getting two father's days this year. :) Jerry[/b][/quote]Heheh lucky guy :thu:

Thanks Tedster. I'm a little late jumping aboard but I tip my hat to the cool pops out there. And Strat- I used to really dig the NROTPS. Now for the life of me I can't remember a single tune or musician in the band. Kind of like Quicksilver MS, but I still can hum a tune or two from their Happy Trails album.

[sound of creaking rocking chair] I will always remember my old workmate , Bob a rather witty Englishman from the lake district,who, upon hearing of the birth of my daughter,vigorously shook my hand and said,"congratulations old mate,sorry to hear it was a girl". "What do you mean?" I replied. "W-e-l-l" he said. "If it had been a boy, you'd only have to worry about one cock" "So?" says I. Bob replies. "Since it's a girl you'll have to worry about every cock in Waiuku" That girl is now 16,we cart her 14 miles 3 times a week to the nearest big town to do ballet and contempoary dancing,she's not too bad at it either,keeps her mind off other things. Happy Fathers day to me,whenever the hell it is.
I once had a quasi-religious experience..then I realised I'd turned up the volume.

• 11 months later...
Just had to say I watched Frequency last night. What a crazy flick to see the day after Fathers' Day :cry: :freak: I'd highly recommend it as a bizarre father son relationship, sci-fi, fantasy, firefighting cop movie :D

I had a great fathers day. We BBQ'd hamburgers, had a nice cold one, and helped by 4 1/2 year old son learn to ride his bike while my 2 year old son ran throught the sprinkler. Don.
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

Archived