Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LIsa "Left Eye" Lopes of T.L.C. R.I.P...........

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by copacapri@pacbell.net: [b]Lisa Left Eye Lopes of the biggest selling Female Group of all time T.L.C. was killed in an auto accident. Apparently she was one of 6 invloved in the car crash but the only non-survivor.[/b][/quote]Did she used to sing in spnish too?? I remember a Lisa Lopes that used to sing in spanish.

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Has anyone heard anymore specific information? To my understanding she was killed instantly, while the other six passengers escaped injury altogether. I'm no detective, but that sounds really weird. This is truly a trajedy, and I give my deepest condolences to her family, friends, and fans. She was only 30 years old. Fly on Little Wing Namaste Jedi

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Despite the fact that she had some trouble in her life (yeah, like burning down Andre Rison's house), this gal was great, fun and full of talent. I believe she wrote their biggest hit, "Waterfalls". I was very sadddened to hear about her death this morning...I was a fan. RIP, Lisa. You were a tough girl in life...may you find peace in the hereafter. - Jeff

Left Eye will be missed. I really liked TLC when they came out. Despite all her troubles she was a talented woman. RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I always liked TLC -- Left Eye especially... She seemed like the most fun. Some interviewer once asked her about the "Left Eye" moniker -- "Why are you called Left Eye?" She said, "Because I (eye) is right." I cracked up. What a cutie.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Left Eye you will be missed. Prayers and blessings go out to the Lopes family and the Arista/TLC family. Sad time here in Atlanta, Ive gotten tons of emails and phone calls since 6am today, and all I can say is we(the music community) are losing far too many great artists in recent years!! I didnt know Lisa personally, but Ive met her about 3-4 times at functions and out with Andre etc. A buddy of mine manages a studio she ownes here in the Atlanta area. She was definately a tough, street smart, savy sista with hella personality and talent! I know she wasnt your girl next door type, she was more of a pop star with an edge... None the less, there was much beauty in her - inside and out! She will be missed and she will always be in our hearts here in Atlanta....she is forever our sister!
TROLL . . . ish.

damn. and even though I usually don't like todays R&B, I love that song "Unpretty".

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Archived