Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, hey there, folks!!!

Just flew in from London. Boy, are my arms tired.

No itshay, it was a 7 1/2 hour (or so) flight from London to Philly. I had a long layover in Philly, but spent most of it standing in line to go through security. The Philadelphia airport is SERIOUSLY fucked up...in that, coming from London and changing planes...they need to barricade it so you don't mingle with the non-flying populace (hence having to go back through security)...but, no-ooOOOOOooo...that would make too much sense, so, instead, every time you change planes in Philly, you get mixed with the general populace and have to go through security AGAIN!!!! Jeez Louise...what a fucking pain in the ass. So DON'T fly through Philly.

Other than that, people who fart on airplanes should be banned from flying. Okay, fart, but do it in the lavatory. Don't try and sneak one off.

Now, for the main part...

Dave and Niki Lakeside, Jason and Sally Base, and Shars and Peter...we had an absolutely SPLENDID time in your country. (Looking forward to doing the NORTHERN UK next time Chris and John).

All of you folks just underscored what a fine community we really have here. It's phenomenal!!!

Jason, glad we got to get back together Friday night for a few more pints in Denmark Street and listen to some uhhh...karaoke. :D

MUSICIANS!!! When you go to London...Denmark Street in Soho is what you're looking for. Take the bus to Tottenham Court and walk a block or two south on Charing Cross road. 95% of all the music stores are right there, as well as a lot of music history...the building that housed Regent Studios where the Stones, Kinks, and others recorded. A bunch of stuff. Way cool!!!

And (and I'm SEVERELY jet lagged right now)...that's what musicians are looking for when they visit a new area...

1) Where are the music stores?

and

2) What clubs feature live music?

Don't ask a cabbie. They'll say "Oh, you like ze heeps hops, no?"

NO.

So, when you travel to London, Soho is where you want to go. Denmark Street in particular.

Played a Gretsch Jet through a Cornford amp. :thu:

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newbies should introduce themselvves before going into long winded rants about people, places and things we don't have a clue about... :rolleyes:;)

Seriously, welcome back Tedster! :wave: Sounds like you had a GREAT trip! :cool:

I imagine the forum traffic will double from what it has been for the past little while... ;):D

Hey up Ted :wave:

Glad you had a fantasic time!

We really had a fab time on Monday and next time you both come over, the house should be finished and you can stay with us :)

Peter sends his love and what are the new aditions to your family like? cute I bet...post some pics up of the kittens...be good to see them :)

Now go and sleep

Hey, Hoop...

No, sorry to say, the brief bit that Abbey Road was open to the public ended on April 3rd (I called them...and apologized profusely for being a bother). They were extremely pleasant, but informed me that the "open house" had ended.

Not to worry, of course there's an obvious and even more fun way to see the inside of Abbey Road Studios (albeit an expensive option); book time there. :D I would gather that, despite their exclusive reputation and clientele, that they're in reality another studio who, in this day and age of home studios eating into their bread and butter biz, appreciates a steady stream of cash influx.

But that option will have to wait. ;)

Oh, and Nursers...with a 21 hour flight, I'd want to be put in suspended animation...you know, like the crew of the "Nostromo" or the ship in "2001".

Welcome home Ted. Glad you had a great visit. Sorry the security is so un-organized in Philly. I know that was no fun after the long flight.

That's funny about the onboard flatulence although I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time.

Reminds me of a joke about a lady passenger who denied that she had farted to another passenger who replied: "Well if it wasn't you then your ass must be a ventriloquist!" :D

Thanks Tedster. My mind did it's normal thing and I spaced out and lost that thread. Got it.

:wave:

Coming in from London

From over the pole

Flying in a big airliner

Chickens flying everywhere around the plane

Could we ever feel much finer?

Coming into Philly's freeze

Bringing in a couple of keys

Don't touch my bags if you please

Mister Customs Man

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Welcome back Ted. If you hadn't been to London before, I knew that would be a splendid trip. It's a worth see for sure, and being able to meet some fellow forumites is a bonus.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Oh, and Nursers...with a 21 hour flight, I'd want to be put in suspended animation...you know, like the crew of the "Nostromo" or the ship in "2001".

Hehe you wish ;)

I did the 21 hours twice non-stop (1 hour stop in Bangkok each way). It's a terrible amount of time to be cooped up. The third time we went we booked a stopover which did break it up a bit.

Jason, glad we got to get back together Friday night for a few more pints in Denmark Street and listen to some uhhh...karaoke. :D

Dude, I thought we agreed to take that information to our graves and tell everyone here that we saw some really cool band!!! :eek:

Glad you got back ok tho!!

Shars, how was the band on Sat? Sorry we couldn't make it, we'll catch up soon....

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Oops, sorry, er, I meant "Kerry Okee"...they're a mock-punk band!

Well, here I am, been up since 4:30. My body is still on UK time, telling me it was 10:30 am. OY!

...we had an absolutely SPLENDID time in your country. (Looking forward to doing the NORTHERN UK next time Chris and John).

Hey Ted!

its real good to hear you all had a good time 'daaan saarf' (down south). sorry we missed a meet this time, hope you can make it back sometime.. :)

musicplayer is a rich tapestry of people, and its great that we can travel most anywhere in the world, and have a friendly face at the otehr end. :- Anyone passing through my way is always welcome!

and phil... i'd love to make it to that BBQ sometime! :wave:

John Flyscots is coming over tonight for a bit of dinner.. hopefully he's gonna help me out with a demo later in the week which i can band around proudly! :D

Welcome back, Tedster!

At least now I know where that smell came from. I distinctly remember hearing a plane overhead when I noticed it. :freak:

Farts on planes stink. (Pun intended.) But they can't compare to swarthy, pungent-spice-eating, middle-easterners on a jumbo jet with no air-conditioning in 95 - 105 degree heat. (No auxilliary power. The AC kicked in when we took off.) Oh, the inhumanity! :freak:

Glad you had a fun trip! Did you learn anything meteorological we should know about? :)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Glad you got back safely Ted.

What this jetlag you speak of? Is it an American only thing?

Seriously I've never experienced it myself and I thought this was because I was used to working strange hours, but you work strange hours, so maybe it's just me that's strange!

Archived