Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Transferring B3-X Presets from One iPad to Another

So I pulled the trigger and bought a 9th generation iPad for $199. I have no problems transferring my set lists from Korg Module from my iPad Pro to this backup iPad. However, I am having difficulty transferring my B3-X custom presets from the iPad Pro to this iPad. I followed the instructions to “Share” the preset and have all those files in a separate folder. However, when I click on that file it opens B3-X, but does not go to that preset. Nor is that preset in the library.  

Any ideas? 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Not fresh in my mind since I have since switched to Mac Mini from iPad....but here is the process I went through over a year ago.

clonk here

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

20 hours ago, Sam Mullins said:

Not fresh in my mind since I have since switched to Mac Mini from iPad....but here is the process I went through over a year ago.

clonk here

Unfortunately, when I airdrop the preset to the iPad, it gives me an option to “Open in B3x”. But when I touch that B3x opens but not the preset. It goes to a default B3x Preset. 

IMG_0002.jpeg

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Can B3X save a preset file to iCloud drive via the Files app? I have all that iCloud stuff activated and have moved presets (from other plugins, I don't use B3X) between devices by saving there, then loading on the other device (which obviously must be logged into Apple's cloud with the same Apple ID).

37 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

Unfortunately, when I airdrop the preset to the iPad, it gives me an option to “Open in B3x”. But when I touch that B3x opens but not the preset. It goes to a default B3x Preset. 

Uggggh...no idea.  Can't believe they make something so basic so difficult.  

update: as i said, haven't used iPad for this in a year or so.  But got both my iPads out and tried air drop method that used to work for me and I had the same lack of success you report.  😒

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

Would this work? Was in the IK forum

This is an update to the upper solution.
By tapping the dropdown on the B3X menu… you can choose “ Share” and send to email.
Then open the email on the Other device your trying to save the file too, and save or share (by tapping or right clicking) to the Hammond B3-X app (icon)
And it should load right away.

https://forum.ikmultimedia.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23784

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voxfan said:

Would this work? Was in the IK forum

https://forum.ikmultimedia.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23784

The start is getting the preset file into the b3x file folder in your iPad file directory. As stated above, air drop, email or even sneaker drive ought to get it. What's sneaker drive? A thumb drive and your feet. Once in the b3x folder just tap on the preset and it should open in b3x. Then save as.

• Like 1

FunMachine.

14 minutes ago, Baldwin Funster said:

The start is getting the preset file into the b3x file folder in your iPad file directory. As stated above, air drop, email or even sneaker drive ought to get it. What's sneaker drive? A thumb drive and your feet. Once in the b3x folder just tap on the preset and it should open in b3x. Then save as.

That seems to work.  The only thing I'll add is that (at least on my iPads) the Hammond B-3x folder did not show up under "On My iPad".  I did a search on the file finder and it found that folder which was empty.  Once I added a file to it, I could do as you said and tap/open/save.  Also, that directory (now that it isn't empty) shows up under "On My iPad".  Oy vey.  

• Like 1

www.stickmanor.com

My God this is frustrating!  I emailed each one of my presets to my new iPad, then opened them in B3x and it seems to work…, for a while,  Now when I try to open b3x with the preset the program just crashes. Then I open B3X and I can see the preset in the list, but when I select it it crashes,  this occurs with numerous presets that work fine with my iPad Pro.  

I tried doing a search for the B3x folder and cannot find it. I selected “on my ipad” in the search box, but no dice. It is not in the iPad files section.  Can anyone be more specific where this could be?

Ok. did a complete reset of the iPad then started the process over. You must do all the presets one at a time to do this or else the program crashes,  if the program crashes you have to start all over again and reset your iPad.  What a crazy screwy issue this is.  Hope this company fixes it. 

For those who want to transfer B3-X presets from one iPad to another, here is the process with photos.

1. Choose the song preset in B3-X

2. Press the choices icon next to the song name.

3. Choose “Share”

4. Choose “E-Mail”

5. Send it to your new iPad that has access to that email account.

6. On the new iPad open the email and press on the attachment. 
7. It will ask you if you want to open it in B3-X. Click on that option.

8. The import will appear in B3-X

Note that you must complete all your preset imports at that time. If you stop and close B3-X you may start the dreaded B3-X crash train.  Once that happens, you need to completely reset the iPad and then load it with the default B3-X library.  Then start the process over.  It’s a real PITA. 
(Sorry for the upside down photos. I have no idea why that is happening.)

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_0024.png

IMG_0023.png

• Like 1