Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Backup/Restore of B-3x presets on iPad?

I would like to backup my B-3x settings from my primary to my backup iPad. Both are on same Apple ID and B-3x is registered on both. Ideally I would like to backup everything to one file on iCloud and restore from that.  I don’t see an option to do this so next best would be to transfer one preset at a time. I can save a preset to iCloud folder. But I don’t get option to import preset on backup iPad  I can click on the file on the backup iPad and it opens B-3x but does not import preset.

Hopefully, I’m missing something obvious. Any enlightenment?

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you backup your entire primary iPad to iTunes, then use the Restore function to transfer everything to the backup one? I realize that would transfer everything, which may not work for you.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Thanks for quick reply. 

Unfortunately that won’t work in this situation. Primary Is iPad Pro (3rd gen M1) shared with my wife and backup is iPad mini 5 that I bought years earlier for music only.  Much as I love my 4 year old granddaughter, I don’t  need the thousands of pix of her on my mini 😃 ( or my wife’s email and recipes and texts etc)

obviously it would be preferable to have the dedicated music iPad as primary but that M1 processor handles the CPU load much easier. 

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

Your iPad has a location called my files. Inside that folder is a tab called this ipad. Inside that is a folder called b3x. Inside that is all your personally saved presets. If you haven't saved any presets that folder may not appear, I don't remember it's been awhile.

I'm not sure but I think each preset has all non global parameters saved in it. So the stuff on the tab with midi channel selection and audio device selection would not be saved. Some kind of a screen shot would help you restore those 9 or 10 items. 

Anyways that folder called b3x can be copied to a thumb drive and pasted from the thumb drive to the same spot on a new iPad. I bet you can do most of that procedure with icloud too. IDK for sure because I don't trust or use clouds so I never set up an icloud acct.

FunMachine.

1 hour ago, Jr. Deluxe said:

Your iPad has a location called my files. Inside that folder is a tab called this ipad. Inside that is a folder called b3x. Inside that is all your personally saved presets. If you haven't saved any presets that folder may not appear, I don't remember it's been awhile.

I'm not sure but I think each preset has all non global parameters saved in it. So the stuff on the tab with midi channel selection and audio device selection would not be saved. Some kind of a screen shot would help you restore those 9 or 10 items. 

Anyways that folder called b3x can be copied to a thumb drive and pasted from the thumb drive to the same spot on a new iPad. I bet you can do most of that procedure with icloud too. IDK for sure because I don't trust or use clouds so I never set up an icloud acct.

Thanks.  I assumed it would be something like this.  But under “On my iPad” there is no B-3X (or anything similar) folder. And I have several presets saved. 🤔

www.stickmanor.com

While in B3X the drop-down menu has a “share” option. I share to my files then use airdrop to send to my other iPad.

• Like 1

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

1 hour ago, lightbg said:

While in B3X the drop-down menu has a “share” option. I share to my files then use airdrop to send to my other iPad.

Yeah. I can share preset to a folder on ICloud. I see the file using Files app from both iPads. So getting the files shared at an OS level is not the problem.  But I don’t have an option to open it in B-3x. 

UPDATE: Tried your air drop method and it worked!  (I.e. share to file, air drop to backup iPad and accept using B-3x app not Files app). Thanks much!

editorial:  this seems unnecessarily complicated. The other iOS music apps are much more straightforward to backup and restore.  Unfortunately consistent with my other experiences on IK Multimedia products, some cool technology hampered by some strange choices. 

www.stickmanor.com