Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Independence Day

This marks my 13th Independence Day and the first one as a US citizen.

We are not without challenges in this country, but let us never forget what is good about it. Happy Independence Day!

(I don’t think I’ll ever get used to just saying Happy Fourth)

• Like 15
  • Cool 1

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Years ago, my wife andI had the opportunity to be in Carmel for July 4th. It was everything that I expected it to be. It was cool to be in your country to celebrate ideals. 
Canada’s big day is July 1st. On that day we like to go our our province’s Legislature and watch new Canadians being sworn in as citizens. Even with all the shit going on around us, that ceremony helps to restore some of my gratitude and appreciation for our good fortune. I also feel grateful that we have the capacity to share resources and opportunities with others who will also appreciate them. In my neighbourhood, there is an entire housing project at the end of my block that provides homes for African refugees. It has been awesome to see new Canadian kids playing on the streets and field again, just like we used to do in the 1960s.  I agree that we all still have many issues to resolve and often lose sight of common cause, but the practice of gratitude, such as the OP expressed certainly helps me keep a healthy perspective. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zephonic said:

We are not without challenges in this country, but let us never forget what is good about it. Happy Independence Day!

(I don’t think I’ll ever get used to just saying Happy Fourth)

Well said. It’s important to focus on what we’re grateful for, including the best aspects of our countries. Congratulations on your citizenship, zephonic, and a happy Independence Day to you as well.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 1

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Just arrived in Boston in time for fireworks on the Charles. My wife and I moved here for grad school 40 years ago right after we were married and are having a nostalgic anniversary trip back. Watching the arrival of thousands of people from all economic, sociological and ethnic backgrounds was a reminder of the promise of this country. 

And to celebrate:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

9 hours ago, zephonic said:

Brotha Z, congrats again on your milestone. Enjoy everything it offers.😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

9 hours ago, retrokeys said:

Welcome and now you have a right to gripe about politics like the rest of us do. :)

Your quote above actually belongs to brotha Z. 

Otherwise, I share that sentiment...away from the forum of course.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

9 hours ago, retrokeys said:

Welcome and now you have a right to gripe about politics like the rest of us do. :)

correct, just don't do it here :cheers:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
:nopity:

On 7/4/2024 at 7:10 PM, Piktor said:

Years ago, my wife andI had the opportunity to be in Carmel for July 4th. It was everything that I expected it to be. It was cool to be in your country to celebrate ideals. 

Which Carmel? I live about 5 minutes from Carmel, Indiana. Would love to meet if you're ever in this area! 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

13 hours ago, mcgoo said:

Which Carmel? I live about 5 minutes from Carmel, Indiana. Would love to meet if you're ever in this area! 

Sorry Greg, I should have used the full name of the city. It was Carmel-by-the-Sea, in California. Still, I appreciate your comment and I too think that it would be great to meet you one day. I’d love to learn more about your musical operations. Unfortunately, we don’t travel as much as we used to. 

• Love 1

Note: A couple of posts were deleted because they veered into politics. This website is not about politics. There are plenty of places on the internet for that.

The one exception is that the Sound, Studio, and Stage forum will cover political topics that relate to music, like copyright law revisions in front of Congress or legislation involving AI and the arts. However, these kinds of threads are monitored. Posts that are partisan in nature are removed there as well. 

Sorry for the interruption. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2